What is the most you've ever spent for gas?

vengeful

What is the most you've ever paid?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most you've ever paid?

• $2.75-2.85
    • $2.86-2.95
    • $2.96-3.05
    • $3.06-3.15
    • $3.16-3.25
    • $3.26-3.35
    • $3.36-3.45
    • $3.46-3.55
    • $3.56-3.65
    • $3.66-3.75
    • $3.76-3.85
    • $3.86-3.95
    • $3.96-4.05
    • $4.05 or higher

I found this on another forum, and figured it would be interesting to see what the most people ever paid for gas was, when, and where.

So...The poll part is going to give the gas prices in 10 cent increments, but please respond with your highest price paid, when you bought it, and where....if you can't remember exactly, your best guesstimate is fine.

I'll start.

$3.979

September 6, 2005

BFE Pennsylvania

Putting this poll up in any European country would result in a landslide victory for the over $4 category...

And it is quite easy for any of us that have bought gas outside of the US! Don't recall the exact figure for me, but it was well over $2/L. Compared to most of the world, our gas is still very inexpensive.

Edited by mws

'Bout $3.25 or so here in Salem, Oregon, this year.

Yeah the highest I paid was around that too... also this year.

The highest I have paid since I have been logging consumption again (for the Pathy and since the engine swap was done) was $3.08 on 06/14/06. Prices were higher prior to that date.

The highest I've paid was about $3.15, that was last summer when katrina happened. Man that sucked, cause it took almost $52.00 to fill up! When I first got the Pathy in March of 05, I paid $35.00 to fill up, then when summer hit, I filled up with $45.00, then Katrina it was $52.00. Now it's going down to about $45.00 again.

i don't think i paid over $3 yet... right now it's in the mid 2.20s.. :clap:

Holy cow! Sacred Bovine! We went from close to $3 to 2.69 in 2 weeks, but nothing as low as $2.20. But remember, this is a condintioning and equilibrium phase for the refinering companies. They're already compensatingbackpedaling production, and I'd bet they'll stabilize at the lowest of around $$2.50+ AVG when all is done, then probably inch up. Some will be higher, some will be lower, but a plateau will been reached where we won't go below again.

I remember being in middle school and talking to my friends saying that by the time we get out of high school gas will be like 3 dollars a gallon, this was back when it was about 1.10, well, Im in still in high school and its about 3 dollars a gallon here.

Holy cow! Sacred Bovine! We went from close to $3 to 2.69 in 2 weeks, but nothing as low as $2.20. But remember, this is a condintioning and equilibrium phase for the refinering companies. They're already compensatingbackpedaling production, and I'd bet they'll stabilize at the lowest of around $$2.50+ AVG when all is done, then probably inch up. Some will be higher, some will be lower, but a plateau will been reached where we won't go below again.

i saw some for 2.18 yesterday.. it's an election drop in price... probably unrelated to refineries.

it's an election drop in price

What are you on? How in the hell do you figure the election has anything to do with the commodities market?

The price of oil (and subsequently gas) is not driven by anything of the sort. It's driven simply by supply and demand, and fears of supply interruptions (which is what caused the upturn in the first place). Those fears have subsided, so the prices are stabilizing back to their normal levels. The election has as much to do with the price of gas as what I had for dinner on Tuesday.

:rolleyes:

What are you on? How in the hell do you figure the election has anything to do with the commodities market?

The price of oil (and subsequently gas) is not driven by anything of the sort. It's driven simply by supply and demand, and fears of supply interruptions (which is what caused the upturn in the first place). Those fears have subsided, so the prices are stabilizing back to their normal levels. The election has as much to do with the price of gas as what I had for dinner on Tuesday.

:rolleyes:

'it's only stable because the elephant is in da house.' ;) just wait and watch. :)