So...I'm an idiot.

OR99.5Speed

Dan already knows this.

I seriously just learned that I can use 4wd in the wet. That is one of the big reasons why I'm selling the Pathfinder. Not to mention some guy took a look at it today and brought it to his mechanic. On the way back he had to put oil in it! HAHAHAH! I laughed so hard when I heard about this!

Now I kinda want to keep it. :hide: I love it and have so many great memories in it, but the same time I need to move on.

Hell, I'm not even looking for advice, just want to say that I'm a retard. B)

Yes! I win then.

I was talking about how easily my Pathfinder fishtails in the wet, it's a little scary. I was wondering if it's the LSD, but some redneck idiot told me I'm supposed to use 4wd in the wet...dunno why I believed him.

a bit heavy on the gas are we?

my truck has never fishtailed in the rain...

and hardly even in the snow.

now, mud... well that's just plain good fun!

Double ditto, and I drive in the wet coast of Canada, with LSD.

May be a tire issue?

Try a F250 with hard 10+ ply tires and see what you get :D

Now mud driving2.gifdrivingskid.gif

Yes! I win then.

I was talking about how easily my Pathfinder fishtails in the wet, it's a little scary. I was wondering if it's the LSD, but some redneck idiot told me I'm supposed to use 4wd in the wet...dunno why I believed him.

happend to me twice. in the rain. iim not that heavy on the gas..but lets say you need to make it onto a road before umm traffic hits you making a left turn.. so you gotta accelerate and turn..thats when it happened to me B)

I think what most are getting at here is that you may need to evaluate your driving style, adjust where necessary and see if it gets any better.

I see a lot of people try and drive SUV's like they are sports cars, usually just gets them in trouble and pisses off other drivers.

I don't bother driving the Pathfinder quickly in the rain...if I did then I would meet a telephone pole in a hurry.

If I'm taking a turn in the wet, mostly turning in intersections, I can't EVEN TOUCH THE GAS! No joke. The rear end will spin around so fast, but if you're aware of it then it's not terrible. At least the R50 steering is communicative.

By the way: A guy came and looked at the car the other day. He took it to his mechanic to get it checked out, and the diagnosis came back that it needs a good bit of engine work, like cam seals and valve seals, among other items. We told him he can take it as-is for $6k or we'll just fix everything and keep it for another three years. We'll see...

I'm a somewhat spirited driver, but I don't beat the piss out of it and I still don't drive it like an M3...if I did I would meet the aforementioned telephone pole.

May I remind y'all that I've never had the slightest accident or gotten any tickets? :clap:

May I remind y'all that I've never had the slightest accident or gotten any tickets? :clap:

What are you, some kinda prude? :P:laugh:

Never got a ticket or in an accident in either of my Pathys. Some of my cars I've had were different stories though sssh .

how easily my Pathfinder fishtails in the wet, it's a little scary. I was wondering if it's the LSD,
If I'm taking a turn in the wet, mostly turning in intersections, I can't EVEN TOUCH THE GAS! No joke. The rear end will spin around so fast

Yep, bingo... It's the LSD and it is working well. No doubt you exagerate a bit.

I'm a somewhat spirited driver

Point and match... :D

I damn near pivoted my Pathy the first few wet intersections, then I learned not to give much gas until the thing is basically pointed straight ! Use 1st normally (it will self corect), 2nd with respect, and 3rd hammered if you are straightish (long controlable fishtail). If you have an automagic, well, there is 1/2 your problem and I pity you.

B

I damn near pivoted my Pathy the first few wet intersections, then I learned not to give much gas until the thing is basically pointed straight ! Use 1st normally (it will self corect), 2nd with respect, and 3rd hammered if you are straightish (long controlable fishtail). If you have an automagic, well, there is 1/2 your problem and I pity you.

B

I do row my own! :D I couldn't handle having a slushbox with a VG.

I guess it's just simple dynamics, but a bit worse than it should be. No big deal, I've lived with it and it's easy to correct as long as you don't instinctively let off the gas and let it spin into oncoming traffic.

Uh...maybe it's your crappy, bald tires? :idea:

B)

Part of it! Never said it wasn't. A lot of it is probably the worn suspension...

I'm over it, now just want to see if I'm selling it or keeping for another three years. :wacko:

I'd say that 100% of your TRACTION issues are coming from TIRES that aren't giving you any TRACTION. -thnkboutit-

Wrong. So you're saying that if my @!*% suspension hits a big midcorner bump sending the tail flying out, it would be the tires fault, not the fact that the shocks/springs are too worn out to exhibit any control?

You're smarter than that. :crazy:

no its the tires....

They aren't bald...just pretty low tread. I understand that it grips less when it wears, but they've been on for a few years and I've put 20k miles on them myself. They are National XT Commando tires made by Yokohama and are well-regarded.

I should say that it will oversteer before it understeers. I honestly can't think of a time when the front end has pushed...

The problem will lessen substantially with new tires but still won't go away...I promise that new shocks/springs will alleviate the problem.

I don't drive much anymore so I don't really care about it... :shrug: