hello from scotland

hi there, im marc im from the isle of bute on the west coast of scotland. i got a 1991 nissan terrano (import) with only 60k on the clock and it WAS mint, i only got it registered and on the road last week for some drunken arse to drive into the side of it on sunday morning, so now am on the hunt for some parts. to start with a drivers door and a front wing (fender).

any help would be great.

marc

oooh that sucks :-( well, my nissan bluebird was built (ok, mine came from Japan however)in England, so you should be able to get parts from Nissan in England.

Howdy Marc, welcome to NPORA!!

Sorry to hear about the damage, hopefully it isn't too bad. I actually habe the parts you need on a truck I'm parting out, but I'm afraid the shipping costs would make it impractical...

Good luck with the hunt and I'm sure we can help with any questions you might have.

B

Welcome to the forum from one newbie to another. Sorry to hear about the drunk.. but hope you get your parts quick and get to driving and enjoying every bit of it. Lots of info here and nice people aswell... :welcome:

Howdy Marc, welcome to NPORA!!

Sorry to hear about the damage, hopefully it isn't too bad. I actually habe the parts you need on a truck I'm parting out, but I'm afraid the shipping costs would make it impractical...

Good luck with the hunt and I'm sure we can help with any questions you might have.

B

well if its a 5 door they will do as im not the one paying for it, the little bastards that done the damage are paying for it. so think of a price and find out how much to get them to scotland and let me know.

so here are some pics of before and after.

DSCF2282.jpg

DSCF2281.jpg

DSCF2295.jpg

DSCF2291.jpg

DSCF2290.jpg

Ouch, that was a pretty hard hit!! I have to ask, how is the frame on that side and the control arm mounts. The reason I am parting out my first pathy is frame damage that bent the frame horns and then was mangled with a poorly attempted repair. The end effect was that the IFS geometry was far off so it drove/handled like crap. Make sure that frame rail is properly repaired or you won't be happy!!

Yes, mine is a maroon 1995 5 door and the parts will work, but I don't have th side marker light like you do. I will sell and ship to you, but since they are paying, I'd try to source new OEM parts more locally first. Let me know...

B

Welcome! Not the best way to start out your life with the truck... Drunk drivers... Have all kinds of stories there.

As stated, since it's not from your pocket I would personally try to source some new OEM parts locally first and DEFINATLY check that frame good, it looks like it took a healthy hit!

(are those washer nozzles on the front bumper?)

Welcome mate, as said before, make sure you go over the frame properly. I know there is a German WD21 forum, I joined up sometime last year but never really got involved and cant remember the addy.

(are those washer nozzles on the front bumper?)

Yeah, I have them too.

cheers guys i will check in a bit it pissing it down at the moment. nissan uk want £482.49 for the door and £245.35 for the wing.

Edited by terranoman

Ouch that looks evil man, looks like a really clean rig too!

I watched someone run into the side of my Pathy once in a lifted f250, I was walking out of the grocery store, and saw it happening so I started to run in case they tried to drive away. Then I noticed that all that was touching were my spare tire carrier hinges were digging down the side of the truck box. All that was damaged on my end was some paint scraped off of my hinges :D

Anywho, good luck getting everything fixed up! :laugh:

:welcome:

That was a crash, man, good luck fixing.

As everyone told check the frame and if the guilty is paying, take it to Nissan dealer, they will check everything out and would be much safer...

That's what I would do, no doubt.

Welcome from the other side of the big water!

Shame to see the damage, must've been a hard hit. I would definitely be upset if that happened to mine the first day out. Hell, the first year out, for that matter. Good luck shopping, do they salt your roads? Anxious to hear the plan.

well it turns out im picking it up next saturday, and its only £500 (thats basically the price of a new door) so if its any good the wite one will act as a part supplier or if the white one is better, the new one will be the supplier.

there is also a 2 door with a 2" suspension lift and bigger tyres for £300. i was thinking of that one and turning it into a pickup.

the dog gaurd is just a universal one, but it was a bugger to fit.