General Motors/Nissan

navygz19

Oh geez.

PLEASE B don't get me started on the relentless issues I had with my 02 Sentra SE-R...

Bought brand spanking NEW in June of '02 w/ no miles on it...squeaky clean...

3 and a half years, 2 engines,2 ECM's, 2 intake mani's, a throw out bearing that was completely on the fritz, 3, yes 3 crank position sensor's (that is the sensor you refer to that inadvertently "shuts the engine off" and would-have-been-second-transmission-if-i-didn't-sell-it-for-an-'02-Pathy later, I no longer have that repugnant,useless, complete and utter pile of Japanese engineered, Mexican built sh!t!!!

The B15 chassis Sentra (with the exception on the earlier, 98 or so SE 2.0's...different engine) can die a long, painful, public death. The QR25DE engine engineered for the SE-R's/Alty 4-bangers was a complete waste of time, money, breath and brain power.

With that said, I really don't want to see this merger take place :bow:

You should not hold back on letting your true feelings be known. You will feel much better if you just let us know how you really feel about that car. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry for your bad experiences, lets hope the Pathy treats you better.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nissan is the Japanese Dodge.

The build quality on my Pathfinder has been fine, but that was the old Nissan. Mom's Murano is a nice car, but the interior feels cheap.

Nissan's new cars have poor quality. And GM has been catching up.

I hope Nissan/Renault says...GO SUCK AN EGG! to GM and that GM folds in 4 years like they're supposed to.

GM will never go away. The US government would never let it happen. So unless WW3 comes around and it's US vs. the world... then you'll always have GM. So you can go suck an egg Vengeful, because GM won't. And besides, I feel GM quality has improved drastically since Mr. Lutz joined the team. Maybe I don't own more than one GM, but the interior fit and finish on new Suburbans is really nice compared to our old one (which I never found to be worse than the Pathfinders). And I sat in that Saturn Sky and must say I'm quite impressed. I guess it's time for the backlash... this is what I get for joining a Nissan board you biased people.

(I'm only half serious, so please no hard feelings)

My old neighbor is a tow truck driver. He swears that the majority of his tows are GM and that he would NEVER buy one. He has a Ford Taurus. One day he wanted to put flames along the front and I helped him. Funny thing was the flames pointed straight up out of the wheel wells... :D

None of this affected me as I never considered buying any of their products anyway. :shrug:

Now then, a Nissan (which may have been slipping in quality already) made in a GM plant. For some reason this depresses me... :(

B

I guess it's time for the backlash... this is what I get for joining a Nissan board you biased people.

P...P...

Very true, people here are going to be biased, but it has to be expected.

I'm sure the bias on a Corvette board for a 350Z owner would be pretty bad as well, if not worse.

Some people are entirely against this and never want to see that tacky silver "GM" badge they've been putting on the sides of their cars now, on their Maxima's :D

• 2 weeks later...

My feeling is that Nissan shouldn't merge, Nissan as well as most companies have gone down hill in trying to find a more usefull vehicle. Most vehicles have gone to status symbols or are turning into general all purpose machines without the character they once had.

A small example would be Nissan's '07 skyline. Take the strait six out, take out the turbo's, put it on an already existing platform and ship it to America, we don't want a 350z w/ a differen't name we want the straight six, awd, turbo boosting wet dream we've had since we found out about how great imports can be.

Mazda's rx-7 the rotary's been upgraded and is better then it was before, but why do I need the extra door? So I can tell all my friends how fast I can get home from the grocery store with the car loaded with my spouse, 2 kids, and 200 bills worth of grocerys?

The Hummer was originally built with a pourpose atleast, until people started getting their hands on em, hey lets add 1000 pounds of insulation, carpet speakers, and anything else useless that we can think off. WHY do I need a 32" tv I'm DRIVING! Half the experience of driving is getting there, never mind of all the cool stuff you'll see if you pay attention.

As we all know life is speeding up, fewer and fewer people are caring less about what's along the way and just focusing on what's at the final location. GM's final location, the universal fit all do everything vehicle, universal parts made by and assembled by robots. Cheap to make, universal parts to fix all of em, and sells like crazy.

Nissan has proven it'self to me, GM once held that tittle, I've seen them make to many mistakes, and I've had to many bad expieriences w/ the company and the dealerships. In my opinion no one can trust GM to just buy a company, and let the company keep it's characteristic's that set it aside while guiding any company towards success. :furious:

KK, I'm done freaking now.........

Hmmm... I am glad I came accross this thred.

Even sence I was a kid, chevy held the spot in my heart as the numro uno car maker... and both my pathies are amazing machines, and a testement to nissan duribility and quality... except for the 93 - 95 pathies which I am going to stay FAR away from... but that's beside the point.

First I want to say, ever sence I was a kid, and my parents let me, whenever we went to town my parents stop at dealerships, check out the cars, and when I was lucky my dad would testdrive one for fun... Both Nissans and GM products. But. Over the years I have seen GM Product quality druasticly get better. Have you been in one of the new Taheos? They are so freakin nice. Also, they they have cylender shut off technology, GM was the first to have a hybrid truck. SO they have made a lot of efforts to emprove quailty and efficiancy. Where as Nissan has yet to produce any kind of hybrid. Also, on a bell curve graph, you would see that Chevrolet quality in the 80's was in the dumper hard core, and some in the 90's but sence the redesing of the truck (AKA silverado) in 99 quality has only been increasing. As with nissan I have been watching it try and make a comeback, but is only flailing w/ quality. (Campair a Pathy interior to a Tahoe interior) Given they may proform differently offroad... but not a lot of people do that in their vehicals. Dependibilty also has increased for gm where as with nissan it has been faltering. Now there are endless possibilities for vehical engine combos... but I have to say, it would be sweet to see a 350z w/ a LS6 and a malibu w/ a 3.5 literVG. But I guess the point I am trying to make is if the pulled there resources together, they could build the ultiment in quality, dependability, and drivabilty....

PS: you probibily will never see any production 350z w/ a ls6 or any v8 because the 6 cylender is a tradmark for that car. Same applies to Vettes. Which I am an avid fan of both of those cars.

Just a few random things

The RB26DETT is one of the most amazing inline engines ever built. When you can put out 1000+ HP and 500+ft/lbs of torque with STOCK INTERNALS you know you've got an engine. It's been done. That engine is a definate testement to Nissan bad assness.

Chevy needs to build the Camaro that was at the auto show. Every last detail needs to stay the same. Drop the 16 in wheels, and a crap engine, and crap trim on it and you've ruined the car. Build what we say and watch the ultimate pony car one again kill the mustang in sales. If Chevy drops the ball on that one I can only hope I get a chance to punch Bob Lutz square in the face for it.

Nissan, needs to give us a real Skyline. If it ends up with a V-6 I might accept it...as long as that bad boy is boosted. Although, the inline will really do it justice, but Nissan hasn't done very well on any inline's since the SR20's and the RB26's. The car needs to be turbo'd and have the original Skyline AWD which was one of the best ever developed. If not, they might as well not even bring it stateside. We're not stupid. They better not pull their usual crap a' la Silvia. Japan gets a turbo'd 50/50 weight distributed monster of a Sport compact and we get a stupid hatch back with an truck engine. Thanks jerks.

except for the 93 - 95 pathies

Nothing wrong with them... Mine runs great, is uber reliable and requires less maintenance than the earlier years. So whats the beef ?? :shrug:

B

The RB26DETT is one of the most amazing inline engines ever built. When you can put out 1000+ HP and 500+ft/lbs of torque with STOCK INTERNALS you know you've got an engine. It's been done. That engine is a definate testement to Nissan bad assness.

I whole-heartedly agree with you.

BTW, is bad ass-ness a word??? :lol:

<--------**feverishly searches for his pocket Webeter's**

just the rusted frame freaks me out that all. I don' like messing w/ the kind of crap... I love the newer style dashes though. I was thinking someday of doing a dash conversion... that is a long way away... thats it... it's not because I don't think they are good... :)...no offence was intended.

I say, DO IT! I've always like Chevys, but always love Nissans. Probably a great time for a change. But ig GM tries to pull that shat by badging all the cars with a GM badge, I'm protesting.

I have to admit that the build quality on the newer GM vehicles is much better than it was in the past...and all of my GM cars have been very reliable. I think the problem with GM is their stupid cut and paste designs where they simply rebadge one pos for another. The best merger for nissan to get in on would be toyota. Like the old adage, if you can't beat em, join em!

There was some ridiculous article I read one day that said what would happen to the American Economy if GM took a dump; basically so would our economy.

I don't think a merger w/ Toyota would necessarily be a good thing (or feasible for that matter) but what Nissan could be doing from them is learning a thing or two.

'Yota has a full-sized, V8 powered (granted a tad less powerful) pickup that will get 21 mpg highway. Not anything to write home about, but it's not a hybrid either.

Edited by navygz19

just the rusted frame freaks me out that all. ...no offence was intended.

Well hell, get out of that forsaken place and move to the west coast. Never worry about rust again (unless you play in the surf...) ;)

B

umm.. i don't have to tell anyone who knows me n dave (thunderbox) that we've always been chevy fans, this is my second nissan (chevy inbetween) and dave n his bro have had nothin but gm's. mainly sportin chevy badges.

i LOVE my chevys, but anything past '95 is just over priced, over electrical and unreliable.

nissan need to stop acting like sheep and building their trucks/suv's to look like all theother big ass boats drivin around...... i always gave them credit for thinking "outside the box".. now their boxes look like everyone elses....... and they're getting bigger..... with nissans nifty space saving ideas (look how low the CoG is onna pathy!) i think nsisan and GM could make a cool vehicle.... but i would fear GM having any kind of control over nissan design/motors.....