How far?

SaKaNa

How far have you guys managed to tip your R50s without rolling over? Just going up a curb (intentionally) makes me feel like im about to fall over, but theres no way its THAT unstable...

Just this felt like I was about to tip over, even though it obviously wasnt.

dsc000033nq.jpg

Black ice and going sideways at like 60 will tip it over belive me I did it to mine two thanksgivings ago!!! Managed to winch it back over and drive it the rest of the three hours home!! Sorry I know this does not answer your question at all but I am at work and pretty bored... :nono:

How far have you guys managed to tip your R50s without rolling over? Just going up a curb (intentionally) makes me feel like im about to fall over, but theres no way its THAT unstable...

Just this felt like I was about to tip over, even though it obviously wasnt.

dsc000033nq.jpg

I park at night like that so the drunks dont clip my truck........88 said it all bro.

Just going up a curb (intentionally) makes me feel like im about to fall over

Going up a curb makes you feel like you're going to tip over? Wow. :rolleyes:

Read this link

Even this (which feels scary!) still doesn't exceed the limit:

pardoes_rock1.jpg

You will taste your upholstery before you go over. Just stop and back up when your sphinter muscle tells you to. Over ride your seat muscle with your brain muscle and you will get into trouble you may not be prepaired for. Much more dangerious is a down hill section off camber with a sweeper turn at the bottom. Gravity quickly grabs hold and will mess up your paint. Far better to back off when you think you should and come back to fight this one another day, maybe when your more experienced or have someone to guide you that you trust your life and finances too. Famous quote from a helpful spotter "Sorry Man" just as he dashes off at the sound of broken glass. Not every spotter is worthy of the faith you put in them. Heeding man or mouse comments will sooner or later get you in trouble. Its your wallet and maybe your life you be the judge and let no one sway you. You can safely straddle that curb and most likely 3 times that but change the situation and slide sideways into that curb at 30 MPH and you will go over. Funny thing with me put me on a side hill with me on the uphill side I have no problems getting tippy but put me in the same spot on the bottom down hill side I start getting really freaked at half the angle. Enjoy the adventures your pathfinder can take you on even though you personally dont want to test the limits of its engineering. Travel safe and come back for more another day.

I wish I'd have gotten a picture of mine when it felt like it was about to go over. I was driving down a narrow ditch road, and the ground gave out underneath the two passenger side wheels. It was awfully close to going over....

Driving through what one thinks is an open field and finding a very deep ditch

hidden by high grass is also not the best feeling in the world...

Didn't roll it on its side, thankfully, but did have to climb up and out the drivers

side doors, which was cool! Came out of it without a scratch, which was a relief.

I don't ever want to come that close again, either.

post-7-1151721510.jpg

I rolled it on the beach one time. I swear I was amost completley sideways before I actually "rolled over." I even had a 32" spare on my rack, but I was pitched down on the drivers side to the point where I could have probably stuck my arm out and touched sand, then I slowly landed on the side. I was pleasantly surprised at how much angle I had without going over :D, until I did :shrug: .

Rollover damage looks significantly *LESS* bad than you'd expect. Yesterday I saw a Ford Exploder that had rolled over, and it was totally mangled, but this doesnt look all that bad. The Ford's top was completely flattened into it...

Edited by SaKaNa

Sorry totally my fault, I should have said rolled it on it's side. We (me and pregnant wife)were really lucky it did not completely roll over on to it's top. Again sorry for the misunderstanding. :bow:

The Ford wasnt upside down either, but after the minivan hit it (and was fine), the explorer tipped onto its side and kinda crushed in and leaned farther over.

The pre-'04 Pathfinders are definitely stable SUVs. Too bad Nissan turned them

into mall rovers in '05. And now the XTerra gets the worst rollover rating of all

this year... What will we do when (if) our beloved pathys finally bite the bullet?

What vehicle out there today will ever be comparable to the stock R50 or WD21

Pathfinder??

The pre-'04 Pathfinders are definitely stable SUVs. Too bad Nissan turned them

into mall rovers in '05. And now the XTerra gets the worst rollover rating of all

this year... What will we do when (if) our beloved pathys finally bite the bullet?

What vehicle out there today will ever be comparable to the stock R50 or WD21

Pathfinder??

R50s are pretty damn safe trucks...

The 1999.5+ got 5 out of 5 stars on the frontal impact tests. And if anybody here shoud roll his or her R50, it would be me with the way I drive.

I also had an Xterra but only got it on two wheels. That was stupid. :crazy: