the things nissan missed

94extreme

i was wondering what you guys thought some of the short coming were on our trucks..

of course the steering comes to mind immediatley but i wonder what else bugs you.

i like to have everything on the right.. buttons etc.. the darn power mirror control could have been on the right as well as the window and lock controls.. i think those were on the right on the older models as for some reason i am thinking my 89 had them in the center console..

someone mentioned the little cubby on the left where they kept their cell but that thing is freaking worthless as far as i am concerned.. everything ends up in the floor most of the time..

The steering could have been better...but I've gotta say, when you look at the 1st Generation tie rod adjusters compared to a lot of other trucks...they're pretty damn beefy....power mirrors, locks, windows? What are these strange things you people speak of? :P

Other than that...it is what it is...at least mine anyways (a basic SUV that's a damn good wheeler)...I'm not going to complain about much...and like you said, the cupholder issue is easy to solve when you've got the 5 speed...I'd would have liked height adjustment on the seats though, and more support in the seats too (side support)...sometimes getting tossed around on the trails I can do without, and this isn't the kind of truck I want to put a five point harness in......yet.

As much as I like the layout of the console, I have to say that the radio is a little far away. I have to lean forward a little in the seat to reach the volume knob, and lean to the right some to reach any of the other buttons. If one's around, I just ask the passenger to do it.

Oil Filter location, of course, also the tiny, tiny rear doors.

the torsion bars. i can NEVER get my pathy level. she always seems to sag one way or the other. P...P... ( i know i need at least one new bar) i like my truck LEVEL.

cupholders.... ha! mine are in the console on my 5spd

auto locking hubs...... they kilt my diff

i think ALL pathys should have come with rear disk brakes

and, of course.... the steering. nuff said

I have to say that the radio is a little far away.

Oil Filter location

i knew it! i forgot to mention that, i always tought it was because i had short arms but my dad can reach it just fine.

and do u guys ever spill left over oil thats in the filter when ur trying to get it off?

All the typical Nissan add-ons and gadgets are stupid. The sport-suspension shock setting and E-Auto button for the transmission were pretty much useless and only added so Nissan could say they had the most gadgets. That and those rear seat belt clips that haven't seemed to make it in anyones Pathfinder.

i love everything about my truck, gotta take the good with the bad

and i can handle the #6 plug and the filter local, with as many other ppl she has shown up its worth it

Edited by FLApathy

Weak stock tranny cooler (could have been better)

Rear drum brakes ( I hated them so much I converted mine to disk)

Manifold studs ( Was not pleasant to have them replaced)

Tire carrier opens on the right ( I would have preferred left)

Not enough leg room for rear occupants and lumbar for front.

Aside from those mentioned, the rest of the truck was well though of.

- Center console could have been designed better, cupholders are useless when I need that thing for an armrest! Also, I have many CD's with coffee stains on them from spillage.

- Where's the voltage meter?

- Stock transmission cooler

- shift points on the transmission a little strange, shifts to second gear a little too quickly

- The VG30E is a great engine, but the truck really needs at least 200HP

- Truck could have had a little more height so we could fit at least 32's when stock (wishful thinking)

- Transmission pan in bad location

- Knock sensor location (lets make it as hard as possible to change the knock sensor).

- Did someone already mention steering? :D

- Who decided to put the starter under the oil filter? :oops:

You don't hear dings when you're in a hurry to get somewhere, like going to the grocery store under pouring rain. I was so forgetful about this that I added one. My other vehicle comes with auto headlights.