Tire Problems

Guest EDMONTON PATHFINDER

I'm new to the off road 4X4 community. Before slammed and lower were the things to do. Now its all going up. This winter I bought my first 4X4, A 94 Black Nissan Pathy. First the body lift and rims/tires 32x12.5x15. But now the tires stick out of the body and MR. POLICEMAN dont like it. 2 Tickets, 3 Months and I still cant find fender flares made for pathy's and are about 3-4" wide. And any ideas about cup holders for a manual that doesn't look like @#&*. Please help

*Perks up ears* Huh? Someone ring?

Ohhhh hey there... Welcome to the Boards. Well not in Edmonton but not too far either. I'm up around Grande Prairie so not too far from ya. Glad to have another on board... How'd you find the place? did you wake up one morening with a NPORA flyer on the windshield, cause I plopped about 2 to 3 dozen of those baby's on Pathy's all around Edmonton when I was there picking up another Pathy about a month back.

On the Fender Flare question, The regular Stock flares do the trick. I run 33x12.5 and my flares cover them just fine. Haven't had any trouble with the Law either on the matter. Just pick up a set of Stock ones, but you may have to trim the Fronts a bit so they wont rub. I did mine using an Air Dremel and a Cutting Wheel, as well as chewed off a bit of the fender as well. Theres a great write up on here that 88 wrote up and I used as a starter template before I went Ape Sh!t on my design.

On the Cup Holder Question, here's some insight. Buy one of those cup holders that you can fit onto your Middle Console vents, BUT!!! and i repeat BUT! DO NOT use it one the vent! :nono: The weight of the drinks just bust up your vent. What I do, is put that cup holder next to your emergency brake and the passenger seat. It seems to fit snug enough and still holds your drink without it tipping over.

Let me know if your ever in the area, I can show you everything you want to know about what not to do with a pathfinder. :oops:

Dowser

Edited by Dowser

Thanks guys, a real help. Bought mine with no fender flares but at least I know what im looking for. Im just out side of edmonton, small town Stony Plain, but if any one knows of a good shop to get pathy parts in Edmonton it would be a good start.

Thanks guys, a real help. Bought mine with no fender flares but at least I know what im looking for. Im just out side of edmonton, small town Stony Plain, but if any one knows of a good shop to get pathy parts in Edmonton it would be a good start.

Dowser is your man, PM him and see what he can tell you.

I tried to look for tips on cranking up the T-bars

I have a feeling that the prev. owner did something with them

cause the outside of the tires are starting to wear a little faster then

the inside. I know alaignment, just i never worked on imports and

not to sure how mush truble it will be. Any help would great. :crazy:

Here's a Link for the T-bar Re-indexing, Its from 88's website Damaged Reality.

http://www.geocities.com/pathfinderoffroad/techtbarlift.html

And if your looking to raise the back end a little then heres also the link for the Poor man's Rear Coil replacement.

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...Indexing+T-Bars

As far as parts are concerned, I've been just going to the dealership in GP and its murder. High Prices on parts and they charge $95.00 labour an hour. Being in this little place up here even the Wrecking Yard is high priced cause they know they got ya.

Anyway... enjoy.

Dowser

Thanks alot Dowser. Im still calling around for any off road parts supplier in edmonton. If a can find one I'll give ya a call.

welcome aboard WAVEY i live in edmonton....well st.albert. nice to see some more ppl from the AB on this board. haha cops give you tickets for wheels sticking out hmmm. i didnt know that was a problem.... anyhoo

as for parts go "shrugs" lol. i just raid pick n pull or order in stock parts from my dads work.

ya cops dont like the big tires, but what can ya do. anyway for anyone living in or around edmonton, i founde out EZ motor sports can do up grades for engine and drive train work.

Hey EDMONTON NISSAN!!!

Glad to see there are some other Pathfinder drivers in E-town who actually wheel their beasts rather than filling up the Safeway parking lot!! :D

I want to extend an open invitation to all Edmonton and N. Alberta Nissans out there to come out wheeling with the Northern Alberta 4WD Assoc as I'm the only Nissan driver who goes out regularly with them and gets all sorts of ribbing for not driving a Jeep!!!

I live about 15 mins west of Stony Plain on an acreage just of the Yellowhead so I'll look out for your rig in Stony!!

Anyway, if you or anyone else is interested in wheeling with the NA4WDA drop me an e-mail or PM or check out or website and forum:-

http://www.na4wda.org/

http://www.hboss.net/forums/

See you on the trails

Mark

Edited by arctic_mark

Welcome to the boards! Hey, I could be wrong, but don't the Hardbody fender flares work on the Pathfinder? You could always order a nice new set of those from places like AC (www.4x4parts.com) I think they may have extended flares for the hardbody too...and if so, they'd work...especially if you're running a wheel with less backspacing, and the stock flares just don't quite do the trick. But either way...welcome to the boards...good to have you here!

• 4 weeks later...