How many miles do you get from a full tank?

zack1978

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: I drove it for quite some time on E, but the light never came on. Dad got worried so told me to fill it up. Upon fill up I put in 17.6 gallons, which makes me think my tank is 18 cuz I was on E for a while, then again could be 21. Either way I was at 338.6 Miles when I got to the gas station. Factor that in with the 17.6 gallons replaced and I got 19.2 mpg. Most of that was highway driving, but im still pretty impressed by my truck.

Wow...That's really good!!

Fuel data from Edmunds for 1995 XE 4WD

Fuel Data

Fuel

Fuel Tank Capacity: 20.4 gal.

EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway)

Manual: 15 mpg / 18 mpg Automatic: : 15 mpg / 18 mpg

Range in Miles: (City/Highway)

Automatic: 306 mi. / 367.2 mi. Manual: 306 mi. / 367.2 mi.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fishers138

The easiest way to figure mpg is this:

The moment your fuel light comes on, reset the trip meter. As soon as possible, go to a station and put in exactly 10 gallons. The next time the fuel light comes on, look at the trip meter, and divide by 10. Do this a few times, and take the average.

On my all stock 94 le 3.0, I get about 20mpg hwy (I don't know city mpg, I live in a town with 3 stop signs. :P )

• 3 weeks later...

Last Thursday Drove 400 Miles... 6am to 9 am 19.24 MPG no AC average speed 75... That evening 430pm to 730pm Return trip 18.1 MPG AC all the way....

This weekends Trip to the Inlaws and back and forth to the lake, some up/down Huckleberry hunting.. 65 max speed... 20.9 MPG......

What really sucks is after 200 miles my Gauge is showing 1/4 of a tank and It does not have a Idiot light......

Edited by Casey.T

Got 317 miles for 16 gallons on a cross state, up mountain trip last week. I believe my odo/speedo is a bit slow also. Suprised the heck out of me ! Nothing like that around town though... :shrug:

B

aah. That explains it. I really like the TA/KO's. They still have a lot of tread and they've been daily driver since I got them and have had several trips on the rocks