Tips...

Pathfinder-jay

There are plenty of additional ways to boost power but most of them require in-depth engine work. Headers, cams, timing gears, a reprogrammed ECU, ported intake and heads, upgraded ignition components, free-flowing air filter, bigger exhaust......take your pick.

Maybe you could name a few things you might consider buying or using and we can comment on them.

LOL saving gas and more power are usually on opposite ends. Not necessarily though as mild driving with a better set up engine will gain MPH. Do you have to contend with smog laws where you live or will you ?

Regardless... smooth tires, better intake, tune up and mellow driving will get you the best milage (not very good). Headers, better ignition and larger free flowing exhaust (ported intake helps) will give you more power and better top end. Anything else gets serious... ;)

B

Thorley headers ?? $350 ?? Summit racing ?? Search ??? LOL... :beer:

You want to replace all the exhaust studs with upgraded ones (which can be a pain in the buttocks) while you are there. There are several qwrite ups on this procedure. Let me know if you can't find them.

B

88 pretty much covered it, it basically boils down to what you have the money and time for :shrug:

And how much of that money you want to throw at a 15 year old vehicle with no value to begin with.

It will have alot of value actually... get insurance to revise it.

:lol: Don't mistake the value of what you put into it with what someone would pay for it afterward.

WD21 Trannys are worth more than the rest of the truck as a whole.

The concensus from most would probably say that best bang for the buck would be intake, exhaust, and headers (essentially separate from exhaust). K&N filters, Flowmaster and Magnaflow, etc. mufflers and exhaust, Thorley and Pacesetter headers, various aftermarket and and custom intake setups, etc. Summitracing.com and eBay can be excellent sources for all of the above.

i cant belive you see more value in this stupid money pit. get real, the most youll ever see a wd21 go for is $5000. low miles, ex condition, etc. unless you sas or engine swap or find a really really really stupid buyer, youre just kiddin yourself.

Edited by vengeful

Ok...All OT posts in this thread have been deleted. Keep it On Topic and refrain from personal attacks. We're not NOR or XOC, we're better than that. OK, so a question has been covered before. Who cares? You're not Brent, thankfully! Instead of posting "Use the search function! n00b!" Try posting a link to a related thread.

We are here to help and educate, as well as have our problems fixed. Let's do that.

Ok...All OT posts in this thread have been deleted. Keep it On Topic and refrain from personal attacks. We're not NOR or XOC, we're better than that. OK, so a question has been covered before. Who cares? You're not Brent, thankfully! Instead of posting "Use the search function! n00b!" Try posting a link to a related thread.

We are here to help and educate, as well as have our problems fixed. Let's do that.

:beer: I agree. I have not been a member of this forum for very long but you guys have already helped me alot with my pathy. usually when i have a question i do search first. but, tha does not always work and I thought these forums were to help guys like us out there is always some smart-a$$ who is like "search" will add power or whatever. i am not taking shots I just think if you do not like the fact that a post is a re-post from the past-----dont F&^%(ing read it. I just think it is cool that i have a place to write questions about my truck and real people who have the experience to tell me what's up instead of a dealer who just sees dollar signs..I do not want to offend anybody and i will get off my soap box now.. :clap:

if you look, i did not tell him to search. its just some users expect to be spoon fed every answer to every question they think of. i like a productive forum, and enjoy seeing new topics everytime i log on, however, its annoying seeing rediculus questions over and over by a member who knows how this forum works. if you dont like it, leave, its that simple, this forum isnt for everyone.

i'm done in this thread

Maybe once and a while its worth posting a topic that has been discussed before. Maybe someone has something new to add that anyone or everybody could use. I havent seen anything posted about a piggyback controller that is on the Stillen website. I have been curious if it adds more horsepower like it says it does. I believe it is made by Venom? And I believe you can turn it on and off at will. I will double check the search, but hey if its worth the money!

Ok, just re-searched and found that the overall consensus is that its not that great, but I didnt see anything about anyone actually installing it on thier pathfinder, oh well, just a thought! :shrug:

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

if you look, i did not tell him to search. its just some users expect to be spoon fed every answer to every question they think of. i like a productive forum, and enjoy seeing new topics everytime i log on, however, its annoying seeing rediculus questions over and over by a member who knows how this forum works. if you dont like it, leave, its that simple, this forum isnt for everyone.

i'm done in this thread

sly to some of us newbies these are new topics every time we log on.... -thnkboutit- i do not expect to be spoon-fed but it is nice to discuss topics.besides if everybody just starts searching all the time it is going to get real boring in here. :shrug:

OK guys...this is not a discussion about the search function. This is a discussion about performance increasing modification options for the Pathfinder. Keep it on topic. If you want to discuss the search function, there's a thread for that.

Well guys im out. Third time this has happened now. I get taken seriously after threatning you guys... what are you kids? anyhow we shall see what i choose to do. If i was an asshole id just delete these what some of you call "forums" and make sure no one tries to get help here again. Very unpleasent stay and for a first time car owner just horrible. I will take the weekend to think about it but i definatly will not be coming back here for help. :aok: :furious:

learn how to be civilized

For once I'm going to take jay's side, everyone has been acting like total dikdik's towards him.  Seriously if you don't like him don't read his posts.  It's THAT simple.

It might be more expectable if not for the constant threats that never seem to end every time someone does not agree with him -thnkboutit-

OT... Headers, Exhaust and intake upgrades takes my vote

Edited by RedPath88

Well guys im out. Third time this has happened now. I get taken seriously after threatning you guys... what are you kids? anyhow we shall see what i choose to do. If i was an asshole id just delete these what some of you call "forums" and make sure no one tries to get help here again. Very unpleasent stay and for a first time car owner just horrible. I will take the weekend to think about it but i definatly will not be coming back here for help.

Jay, you have issues... The first several posts answered you directly and fully. Seems to me you were taken seriously BEFORE you 'threatened'. After that, I stopped taking you seriously. Sure there was some crappola that followed, but quit getting so bent out of shape about it. IGNORE IT MAN !

Most people are happy to be here and comment how mellow and helpful the site is. Sorry if you are not happy but I doubt that you will find another large, free web site that is more benign.

For your own long term benefit and quality of life, I suggest you slow down and cool off a bit. Learn to take things in stride or ignore would be irritants. It's only to your benefit. Good luck Bud... :beer:

B

everyone has been acting like total dikdik's towards him.

I refute that...