R50 Bumpers

How many would be interested & what time frame?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How many would be interested & what time frame?

• Yes- When they are ready.
    • Yes- In 2 months.
    • Yes- In 3-4 months.
    • Yes- In 5-6months.
    • Yes- In 1 year or longer.

I put that proposition out to Dan (vengeful) and offered him cash to take some shots of his TJM off the truck and measure out the dimensions and whatnot. He still refused and understandably so. It's a lot of work to make up blueprints.

I doubt anyone would do it for free... maybe Jesus. :lol:

Glad to see you got your measurements. You are correct, the two side "wings" come apart from the rest of the bumper on my TJM.

I really dont get what all the hype about the TJM is, I know that im going to get roasted on this, but here is goes anyways....I think that the TJM is ugly :laugh: STRAIGHT UP

I can see your justification as it is your opinion. But I'm certain the TJM and ARB bumpers are not designed with the aesthetic in mind; it's pure functionality.

One thing I do know: custom beats the piss out of any dye-made gear any day. :aok:

Edited by tekazgtr1984

I can see your justification as it is your opinion. But I'm certain the TJM and ARB bumpers are not designed with the aesthetic in mind; it's pure functionality.

One thing I do know: custom beats the piss out of any dye-made gear any day. :aok:

Thats exactly what im talking about, for my bumper im taking influences from KMA, ARB, and TJM, all of which are uber expensive, alon with other bumpers. I mean I dont see the point with paying up to a grand for a bumper when all you are going to do is tear it up and scratch it and stuff. This way I can make a bumper that I like my way, strong, and for most likely under 200 bucks for material. Its what I want and at the price I want...It cant get any better then that :itsallgood:

/\

:aok:

I hear you there. It's criminal to think ARB wants $1,900CAD if I order the bumper through NAPA. I figure with that money I can get front and rear bumpers made, as well as sweet rock silders and the remaining skid plates. That way I can design it all myself so it really makes things unique.

Keep us posted on your bumper fabrication. :beer:

Oh yeah for sure, its just that the friend lives here in texas and my parents recently moved to cali, and the pathy has to stay here in texas for the summer :( So now I have to find time to build bumpers but also put on that SFD.....speaking of that have you heard anything from alex lately I havent talked to him in awhile :shrug:

My TJM was plowed into a couple of small cars, a stone wall, a VERY large rock (Pizza Rock at Rausch Creek for those who know it). And it's no worse for the wear. A couple scuffs, but no damage to speak of.

DSC00679_resized.jpg

oddly enough, the most aesthetic damage my bumper has received is from the floppy lane divider thingies on the highway, which i hit at about 65mph. they put little scuff marks on the face and also scratched one of my bumper stickers. :(

Oh yeah for sure, its just that the friend lives here in texas and my parents recently moved to cali, and the pathy has to stay here in texas for the summer :( So now I have to find time to build bumpers but also put on that SFD.....speaking of that have you heard anything from alex lately I havent talked to him in awhile :shrug:

No, I PM'd him a month ago and he said things were moving along. I'm debating PM'ing him to see how it's going but I don't much feel like harassing the guy on monthly intervals. I just hope it'll be here by May.

Hopefully I can have that installed before getting fabbed up bumpers and sliders. :shrug:

No, I PM'd him a month ago and he said things were moving along. I'm debating PM'ing him to see how it's going but I don't much feel like harassing the guy on monthly intervals. I just hope it'll be here by May.

Hopefully I can have that installed before getting fabbed up bumpers and sliders. :shrug:

Yeah the last time I talked to him he had recently bought a Titan witha lift, and yeah im hoping that he will have it shipped by May cause thats when school gets out

• Like 1

They are the same bumper... although I don't recall vengeful's being one piece, I know others with the TJM have a one piece version. I suppose at some point they switched it up... maybe to make shipping easier??

Yeah the last time I talked to him he had recently bought a Titan witha lift, and yeah im hoping that he will have it shipped by May cause thats when school gets out

A lifted Titan? Lucky bastage!!! :lol:

I imagine within the next two months the SFD kits will be finished. I'll shoot him a PM for both of us. :aok:

How come Pezzy's bumpers have seperate side wings and Venegeful's has them welded on? They look to be the same bumper?

They are the same bumper... although I don't recall vengeful's being one piece, I know others with the TJM have a one piece version. I suppose at some point they switched it up... maybe to make shipping easier??

Mine is one piece, and I like it that way.

TJM redesigned the bumpers later in production to reduce shipping/freight costs, and to make manufacture easier. The two peice bumpers are the newer design, but I think you lose a little bit of rigidity because of it.

Maybe so, but I know I have SLAMMED my passenger side wing down on a rock, and the bumper is fine. It did flex somewhat, as the fender has a small dent where the edge meets the bumper. The entire fender moved upwards, Simon loosened the fender, pushed it back in place, and it's fine. Considering the hell that fender has seen, that boo-boo was pretty minor.

When I install the ARB bumper, should I expect the front of the car to come down a little bit? And then I get the tow truck look with the rear end being higher than the front?

I figure that the ARB bumper is way heavier than my stock plastic bumper. And the R50, having clocked 198,000 km, is still running on the stock suspension system. I think the front and rear coils should be pretty soft by now.

Edited by dududuckling

I'd say without stiffer coils, you'd expect the front to sag with a behemoth like the ARB up front. That's even moreso the case with OEM coils, not to mention there's nearly 200k on 'em.

Just so you know, OME offers a set of front HD coils which should help support that hefty bumper. :aok:

Yeah... checked out rocky road before. If I wanna change the suspension, I will probably get the lift springs altogether. Between AC and OME (at rockyroad), it seems OME is the only one with heavy duty to support the ARB. This means OME is my only option. If I install AC and ARB, it still sags a little as compared to the OME. Do I get the whole idea right on this one?

Also, what happens if I change the current spring to another new stock R50 ones. This means I get no lift, but its newer spring. Will it improve the front end condition?

I'd say without stiffer coils, you'd expect the front to sag with a behemoth like the ARB up front. That's even moreso the case with OEM coils, not to mention there's nearly 200k on 'em.

Just so you know, OME offers a set of front HD coils which should help support that hefty bumper. :aok:

Okay, sorry for the misunderstanding. Just to rephrase my question: Is OME the only way to go? What about AC springs? Do they provide as much support as OME?

Okay, sorry for the misunderstanding. Just to rephrase my question: Is OME the only way to go? What about AC springs? Do they provide as much support as OME?

No need to apologize; it was a good question to ask. :happy:

In all honesty, the OME coils are of considerably better quality and design and will stay strong for a long, long time. The AC coils are good but they tend to wear a lot quicker. But, they are comparitively stiff, though. A good buy. :aok: