R50 Bumpers

How many would be interested & what time frame?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How many would be interested & what time frame?

• Yes- When they are ready.
    • Yes- In 2 months.
    • Yes- In 3-4 months.
    • Yes- In 5-6months.
    • Yes- In 1 year or longer.

that's not a bad idea for a rear bumper w/tire carrier, but i suspect you were referring to the front bumper. i already got the ARB and am more than happy with it so i can't justify the extra cost/time of a Shrockworks, no matter how badass they are.

but i'm sure if enough people express interest in R50 front bumpers, and they decide to include the R50 in their lineup, i'd be glad to lend them my Pathy for prototype fitment. :)

I think he was suggesting you lend it to them so they can make one, not so u can buy one...I think your ARB looks completely badass ass well, enjoy it

I've been in talks with Jim for three years, and they WANT to build stuff for the R50, they just don't have a vehicle to work from.

Front Bumpers

Rear Bumpers

Skidplates

Sliders

You name it.

Hell I'd GIVE him my 99 if it were straight, but it's not, so it won't do anybody any good.

I've been in talks with Jim for three years, and they WANT to build stuff for the R50, they just don't have a vehicle to work from.

Front Bumpers

Rear Bumpers

Skidplates

Sliders

You name it.

Maybe they would throw in some sort of incentive for Alex if he lets them use it?

Should Runnerman (Marcel) get back into the Pathfinder armour business, I'll definitely put up my rig as a template donor. I have zero intention of ordering from the US what with shipping, customs and the *ugh* exchange.

i thought the CDN dollar was worth more than the US dollar? :D

Maybe they would throw in some sort of incentive for Alex if he lets them use it?

indeed, it would be nice to get a free or heavily discounted shrockworks rear bumper... and maybe some sliders thrown in for good measure. :D

indeed, it would be nice to get a free or heavily discounted shrockworks rear bumper... and maybe some sliders thrown in for good measure. :D

im sure if u let him borrow your truck to make all of the necessary products you would get some nice deals on anything u wanted...

i thought the CDN dollar was worth more than the US dollar? :D

Nope, not at this moment in time. My bank's current exchange is .7935. Therefore:

1.00USD would cost 1.2817CAD. That's none too good considering a year ago we were pretty much par 1:1. :(

Shipping bumpers would also be astronomically expensive... :thumbsdown:

• 2 months later...

let me ask something. how can i find photos of ARB or TJM like bumper installation photos? Especially the brackets and fixing pieces for sides of bumpers. Do you have any idea?

let me ask something. how can i find photos of ARB or TJM like bumper installation photos? Especially the brackets and fixing pieces for sides of bumpers. Do you have any idea?

I've been trying to find these for the better part of my duration owning a R50. Best thing to do would be ask someone who owns the TJM, i.e. Pezzy, vengeful, etc. for installation pics if they've got 'em.

Good luck to you. :aok:

Unfortunately it is too hopeful. Dean, and AC Parts were in contact with TJM, and tried to get enough buyers together for them to make another run. I dont think we ever got enough people willing to fork up the dough, and we later found that TJM has lost the dies (or plans??) for this bumper, and thus, cannot make more.

Unfortunately it is too hopeful. Dean, and AC Parts were in contact with TJM, and tried to get enough buyers together for them to make another run. I dont think we ever got enough people willing to fork up the dough, and we later found that TJM has lost the dies (or plans??) for this bumper, and thus, cannot make more.

What a bunch of ratbag SOB's... :rant2:

If someone were to measure out his/her TJM's dimensions for some monetary compensation, would that be a solution to making up a blueprint to custom build a similar bumper? :scratchhead:

when Pete and i ordered our ARB bumpers, that was the same impression we got: that we're lucky that ARB still has the tooling to make bumpers for such an old vehicle. they had none in stock and only required a minimum order of two to begin production. considering all of this, maybe we Pathy owners shouldn't wait so long if an off-the-shelf wincher is really, truthfully on our list. who knows how much longer ARB will produce the Sahara bar for late R50s...

I ordered my R50 sahara bull bar from ARB back in late Dec. 2008. I'm living in Canada, so the local 4wd shop had to place an order to the supplier in new york, who will receive the product from ARB. I was told there was a backorder on the item... Its late Feb. now and am still waiting for the item... its so hard to purchase one even though I already placed my down payment way in advanced... I think they should stop posting the pathfinder bullbar as one of their products on the website if they aren't making anymore for the R50 or if they require two or more people to request for the item before they get back to work... or at the very least, they can write a note "this item may take two months or so before it can be delivered to you"

Edited by dududuckling