Pathfinder Studder, Stall, & Hesitation

stikky_p

good news is that sensors tend to be cheaper to replace than the ECU. Stick with it... we're all waiting to hear what the ghost in your machine is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest The ORR

You find out which sensor?

I have the exact same problem. I am thinking its the Throttle Posistion sensor, after reading this thread, and some other reaserch.

just waiting for my computer to come back from jj and then going to look at the tps... i hope thats what it is... cant wait to get this thing going... i cant seem to get this tps tested... cant find any info on testing this thing? anyone know what i can do to do it properly...

Is this what you are looking for?

*scans FSM furiously*

Sorry, been lax the past few days. It's coming. The TPS testing procedure will be in there. I hope you have a digital volt/ohmmeter.

In short though(quick check):

1. Remove the air cleaner and unplug the TPS harness connector(not the one actually ON the TPS, trace your wires back and find the other plug on the passenger's side). The TPS is located on the back side of the TBI. Little black box screwed to the TBI.

2. Hold the TPS connector up so you can see the terminals inside the connector. You should be looking at the side of the connector that goes TO the TPS.

3. With the locking tab facing up on the connector, check continuity using the ohmmeter function of your DVOM between the center and right-hand terminals.

4. Either use your hand to open and close the throttle or have someone step on the gas pedal for you. The resistance reading on your DVOM should change depending on the pedal position. If it does not change, you should replace the sensor.

:furious: UH OH!!! look slike USPS lost my pathy computer... this should be fun... hopefully me an JJ can tag team these guys and find out where the thing is... it arrived into canada on the 15th.. after that we cant find any other info on it.. BLAHHH time to make some phone calls...

Ok guys.. i found my computer.. turns out the post office has had it since the 18th er something.. anyway.. its back.. put it in...

The TPS seems to be fine.. i used an ohm meter and the digits went up as the throttle went up.. so it should be all good that way.. i know the timing is off but i dont think thats the whole deal..

ok guys.. could it possibly be my alternator.??? when the enigne is off the ohm meter reads 10volts connected to the battery.. but when i start it up and keep it going by manually reving the engine it only come up to 13.2? just wondering if thats normal? or how i can test the alternator itself.. or if thats even worth looking at???

thanks

OK GUYS NEED SOMETHING ANSWERED?? On the left side for the throttlebody there is 2 sensor looking things.. on mine one has blue plastic tubing around it.. they both go into the throttle body.. they are on a wire harness that also connects with the injectors... what are these 2 sensors??

Im asking this because when i take the one with the blue plastic off it seems to run a bit longer... just wondering if those could be my problem?? thanks guys...

ALSO DOES ANYONE HAVE PARTS FOR A 87 NISSAN PATHFINDER????? I may need this paeice of the wire harness??

nvermind looks to me like the first one is the Fast idle control device (FICD) and the second is the Idle Up Solenoid Device!! would either one of these be my problem? how would i test them? as well the Idle up solenoid valve is getting extremly hot.. even when not in the throttlbody?? anyone know if thas normal??