Pathfinder Studder, Stall, & Hesitation

stikky_p

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok i got the new tb with all the sensors.. i kept the same injectors but switched all the other sensors... well except the maf because the tb had screws that were put in with locktite for the maf??? wtf???? haha./. anyway.. it seemed to run a little better but not 100%... so i took my dizzy cap off to change the rotor and noticed when i tryed to pry it off that it would spin anfter a bit of pressure.. im guessing something is broke inside.. so i took out the dizzy and turned it with my hand and the shaft inside feels like it slips... looks like i might need a new one. haha.. i think im just gonna hand it off to a mechanic and get him to just fix it... this is really starting to piss me off..

OK good news folks.. haha.. went by a local salvage yard and there behold was a full together pathy that ran.. 87 grey automatic..... fricken bonus.. haha.. bought the whole thing.. it runs fin.. was in a very minor front end collision and was wrote off due to a hail storm... haha.. i cant see the hail but wtf... anyway.. now its like a gold mine.. first off is to change the dizzy... yay...

anyway.. its has auto and mine is manual.. how hard is the swap? i kinda like the auto.. but manual for 4x4 anf trails.. hmmmmm.... haha.. options galore...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DING DING DING DING!!!!! haha... we have a winner... Turns out that new pathy that i bought saved my truck... i changed the sensors in the tbi..and noticed the dizzy was loose and wacked.. so redid the timing and new dizzy and bang... it runs.. still has a slight idle stumble but its just when its cold.. but at least it runs like a champ now.... THANKS A TON GUYS!!!!! Another pathy lives...

i picked up the whole unit for $300 but has flaws... its a salgage unit because of hail damage like i said.. but i used various interior parts and just the dizzy out of it.. other then that its fine... so if anyone needs part i got a tons of em... located in canada though...

*coughs*whore*

He has several HBs and 720s, one already ahs been SASed w/ a 44.

I'm going to buy a divorced t-case and runn a doubler, I'm also going to get a frame and completely strip and redo it. I should get both for $200.