BDS Suspension Systems

Trainman

I seem to remember this being posted sometime int he past...

I posted it here as it was asked in the R50 section by a newbie but could do with a wider distribution. Even Pezzy has not heard of them :o .

I posted it here as it was asked in the R50 section by a newbie but could do with a wider distribution. Even Pezzy has not heard of them :o .

Ok I just found where you posed it in the R50 section. But I still remember the talk prior to that... oh well, not a big deal anyway

Seems like they are just selling a rear lift, torsion bars, longer shocks, and instructions to crank the t bars. Wonder if this works with lift Upper control arms? I'll send them an email and get the skinny on this.

Seems like they are just selling a rear lift, torsion bars, longer shocks, and instructions to crank the t bars. Wonder if this works with lift Upper control arms? I'll send them an email and get the skinny on this.

UCA's, ball joints... go get 'em, sick, sick!!!

LOLOLOL, from their site, 1st link

Estimated Installation Time 4 hours

HAHAHAHAHA, yeah right. Only 4 hours to pull T bars and reinstall, then index, then reindex cause you did too little, then the rear? I think not. Maybe 6

Come on MM.. in a nice, clean dry and warm shop outfitted with every tool you could possibly need and then some. With the work being done by someone's who's got 50+ installs under his belt.. 4hrs? I don't see a problem :shrug:

Oh wait! :idea: that's like... 0.1% of us.. now I see :blink::D

Edited by RedPath88

I've actually thought about this route in combination with my Superlift UCA's that I've already bought. I have a friend that has a Wrangler and a 3" BDS suspension lift and steering stabilizer and he loves it to death. I looked at it and it looks pretty solid to me (to me) but another redneck kid said it was pretty good. I called Tarheel Suspension down in Charlotte and the coil springs and torsion bars were 270. That was without the shocks because I planned on going with Bilstein. You're gonna laugh but BDS actually stands for 'Big **** Suspension' from what I understand.

OK just recieved a reply from BDS:

Thank you for the inquiry. Please contact:

Dave Wong Window Tinting & 4WD

14361 Tuolumne Rd

Sonora, CA 95370

209-588-1880

Let them know that BDS sent you.

Thank you,

Chrissy

No answers to the will it work with after market UCA's, or can the torsion bars be purchased seperatly question. And I'm too cheap to spring for a long distance phone call.

Here's another Pathfinder with a BDS susp lift.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2169203

This guy lives in Chase BC.

Doesn't show a pic with JUST the 4" BDS lift, it has a 2" BL too.

I talked to him, said it costed around $2700 for a shop to install it and he had it back in 2 days. Damn, that's expensive, makes me wanna try doing my lift this summer, by myself and help from a neighbor.

I left a message for that guy and he says it's a 4" lift. I don't beleive him since from what I understand BDS never made a 4" lift. I bet he has the torsion bars maxed out and some extra coil boosters in the back or something to make it 3.25-3.5 and he just rounded up or something.

:angry: i like the part that says..after of course you spend all your money on their gear...... max tire size: 31x10.5 ........ummmm..dudes......that's like..ummm...STOCK size.....so..ummm..what yer tryin to say is.... :blink:

OK just recieved a reply from BDS:

Thank you for the inquiry.  Please contact:

Dave Wong Window Tinting & 4WD ....

LOL! Does anybody else see the irony here? "If you have questions on a lift, please call a tint shop." Where is Filthy with those Rice Police anyways? Thats like calling "Bubba's Beer and Shotgun Shack." I suppose they could be related somewhat, but...

Edited by Mr. Pickles

LOL! Does anybody else see the irony here? "If you have questions on a lift, please call a tint shop." Where is Filthy with those Rice Police anyways? Thats like calling "Bubba's Beer and Shotgun Shack." I suppose they could be related somewhat, but...

LMFAO!

Yah I did notice how absurd the 4x4 and tint shop sounded...

Bubbas beer and shotgun shack, oh that's going in my sig for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm just recieved a follow up reply from BDS:

"Hello,

You had recently inquired about BDS suspension; I just wanted to make sure that you had been taken care of. If you are in need of further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you,

Chrissy

BDS"

Hmmm, should I let them know that I'm too cheap to make a long distance phone call for info on a lift? sssh