Your vehicle information

Precise1

I've noticed some confusion due to people not fully stating what vehicle they have when they start a thread. There are enough differences that things can get confused or delayed. Sometimes I'll check the persons profile, and the info is not complete there either. It's in your own best interest to supply this information, both for accuracy and speed of response. Sometimes I'll just pass over a thread if it is so vague there is no point to reply. Same thing goes for 27 questions being asked at once; it gets confusing.

I suggest that you members put the year, trim level, type of transmission at minimum in your signature. Additional items would be things like if you have a Turbo Diesel, 2x4, LSD, etc... It's up to you, I'm just trying to keep things working smoothly.

Thanks !! :beer:

B

For those of you who don't know, enter "My Controls" on the top right, "personal Profile/Edit Signature" at the bottom left and type in the field... ;)

Why not just suggest that people specify the vehicle info in their original post of the thread? Large sigs listing goofy things like S-TYPE cupholders just clutter up the board and make it hard to read especially if it's in every post. In worst case scenario, a simple PM to the original poster to remind him to be descriptive should be OK.

At least nobody here lists what vehicles they used to own, or will (maype) purchase in their sigs as on so many other boards I see. :angry: How about puting limit on how lines and size of pics in the sigs. I find that sometimes browsing this board I have hard time differentiating where the post ends and sig begins.

For example (and I mean no offense to anyone here) but SC88s and Vengful's replies (they are right one after another) in this particular thread amount to whole three lines of text yet take up more than one page and I have to scroll to see them in their entirety.

Edited by Filthy Luker

Why not just suggest that people specify the vehicle info in their original post of the thread? Large sigs listing goofy things like S-TYPE cupholders just clutter up the board and make it hard to read especially if it's in every post. In worst case scenario, a simple PM to the original poster to remind him to be descriptive should be OK.

At least nobody here lists what vehicles they used to own, or will (maype) purchase in their sigs as on so many other boards I see. :angry: How about puting limit on how lines and size of pics in the sigs. I find that sometimes browsing this board I have hard time differentiating where the post ends and sig begins.

For example (and I mean no offense to anyone here) but SC88s and Vengful's replies (they are right one after another) in this particular thread amount to whole three lines of text yet take up more than one page and I have to scroll to see them in their entirety.

you can always turn off the signatures if it bothers you that much. there is a board limit of how much you can put in there anyway.

i am with B on this. please do that, it makes it so much easier to answer and hopefully be helpfull. i would also ask that everybody puts their location there. sometimes that can make a difference.

:beer:

Well, it was just a thought I had and became a suggestion I made... Unfortunately a lot of people have a hard time remembering to tell us everything that is pertinent or just don't understand that it is...

Filthy, I see your point about huge sig's and agree, some are annoying, but I also don't see any harm in 1/2 a line description to keep things clear. It's just a suggestion, nothing more. Oh, you should have seen this site when people had 500k avatars... :blink: My dial up modem is still smoking !! :D

B

wouldn't be an issue if newbies (and some veterans) would fill out the profile page. Nothing worse than trying to field a question like "where's my fratistat box? and having no idea what model they are speaking of.

You know.. on another automotive forum that I frequent (it's non vehicle specific) if somebody asks for let's say to recommend a set of tires without specifying what vehicle or size, he'll get mocked into oblivion by responses ranging from 44" Boggers to Kenda bicycle tires until he clues in and specifies more details. The best ones are the posts that say "my transmission is dead" or something like that. Whole lot of mockery ensues and fun making of VW electrics, GM interiors, Honda Autotragic transmissions and such.

I love that forum.

wouldn't be an issue if newbies (and some veterans) would fill out the profile page. Nothing worse than trying to field a question like "where's my fratistat box? and having no idea what model they are speaking of.

Or "Where are some local spots?" with no clue as to location... anywhere :huh:

I agree with you on this one B :aok:

People forget to add info to posts, think of all the times someone has had to ask questions like what year, what model, etc.

It would likely help a lot -thnkboutit-

Well obviously you need a mac all I have to do on my laptop is just slide two fingers along the trackpad and I go scrolling along in that diriction. -bounce-

I was looking into getting one until I figured out that they're useless for GPS and the Javascript (that resizes pictures to fit within window) on my forum makes them display blank pages. Gay.

Other than that.. they're kinda neat. My buddy just picked up an iBook and it's a very sexy object. I am still questioning his sexuality however. sly

LMAO Pezzy !!

I am still questioning his sexuality however.

Don't question too hard, or you may find out the aweful truth first hand... ;)

Ok, asshattery aside, I was really just trying to make a helpful suggestion to keep technical questions from being bogged down by Q's like 'what year do you have' type crap. At this point about all I can say is 'Bite me". :D

:beer:

B