Pray

gabod7

Pray for the family of greg durham. he was a buddy of mine at school and he was in my JROTC class. from what his family said he put a gun in his mouth and ended it. everybody keep his family in your prayers.

i just dont understand. i talked to him and everything today. were seniors and i just dont know how things can get that bad. pssd

Sorry to hear that. It can be a confusing, and frustrating time, but the best thing you can do is talk as much as possible to the ones you love/trust.

That is really quite terrible news. Try and keep in mind that there is little anyone can do if someone is motivated that much to bring themselves harm. It is obviously a great loss for you, his family and friends. My condolenses.

Dowser

• 2 weeks later...

i have talked talked with my pastor and my 1st sgt in JROTC who is a minister also.

they all told me the same thing. i asked, i've always understood that when a person commits suicide, they go to hell. they disagreed strongly. Greg accepted christ into his life 3 months ago at a retreat in the mountains. i dont really know what to beleive about it, but i know as crazy geologist stated below, comparing it to a Keanu Reeves movie probably wasn't the right thing to do.

sorry to hear dude

just goes to show that no matter how great things may seem outwardly, you never know whats boiling just beneath the surface. you could see someone with all the blessings and cham in the world...but that dosent mean they arent tourmented inside. another less of "dont judge a book by its cover". not that anyone is to blame...and not that anyone should have tried harder. you cannot read the inside of a person like you can a book...just saying that even seemingly happy people can do this..not just those that are obviously down in the dumps.

as far as religions references go...i think something better than a movie could have been used but unfortunatley thats the gist of what the bible does say. and as far as wheather he was baptized or not makes no difference. that does not absolve you from your actions, it merely brings you to another level with God, and shows you accept and know his word and whats expected of you, and you are given the opportunity to ask forgivness. in his case...there is no way to ask now, thats why it is believed to be a crime punishible by hell because you have no time after to ask forgiveness. you may surley go to hell even if you are baptized. didnt really wanna bring this thing up, but since it was brought up...and misquoted..i felt teh need to set the record straight.

but that was a bit out of line considering there were only mentions of prayers for the family. i think its understood that he was in the wrong, but no need to bring it up so hatefully.