The Mouse Saga.

SC88Pathy

So yesterday I was driving and something catches my eye on the passanger side floor mat. I look over and see a little mousy looking at me! I stare at it, and it stares back at me and then proceeds to walk around as if I wasn't there! I can't do anything because I'm driving, all I can do is keep on glancing at it. Finally I get to a parking lot, so I pull in park the pathy and... the mouse is gone! ARRRG!!! Can't find it anywhere, so I go home and leave a mouse trap in the car.

This morning I go out and sure enough there's a dead mouse in the trap. Yeah! No more mouse! Or so I thought.

Coming home from school, something catches my eye this time by my foot. I look down and sure enough, another f@#$ing mouse! I try and catch it while at a stop light, but no dice mouse is too fast. 5 or so miles go by and there's a rustling in my passenger map pocket/trash can. I pull over and pull everything out but again no dice. Get to the gas station, pull up back seat and AH HA! Mousy! But he runs under the body panel!! So I pull body panel off, but mousy is gone. Get out start filing. Look back in, mousy looks back at me from behind next panel. I patiently wait and sure enough the ballsy f@#$er comes back out! Try and grab him again but he runs up front and under the dash.

So I start driving home. Person in front of me suddenly puts on his turn signal 10 feet from where he's turning, so I slam on my breaks and my backpack goes flying and hits the dash. Start driving again, when mousy comes back out and starts climbing all over my backpack! I pull over at the next place I can. Grab at him once, miss. Wait. Mousy comes back out. I grab again, and success! Throw mousy out the window and floor it before he can hop back onto the car! -bounce- -bounce- :clap::clap: HUZZAH!! NO MORE MOUSY!!

Or so I thought.

Get onto my road to my house, and once again something catches my eye and once again I'm looking at another F@#$ing MOUSE!!! GRRRARRRG!!! Pull over and try to grab the mouse. Nope miss and it hides. Get home park car, and mousy comes back out. Patiently wait until mousy is far away from a hiding place and grab mousy on the first try! Throw mousy out the window at my dog and tell the dog to get it! Dog snifs mousy and follows it around, right back under the pathy! STUPID DOG!

Go inside, set school stuff down. Go out to car to get mouse trap so I can set it again. While getting mouse trap I hear something rustling in the leaves behind me. I turn around and there's mousy! Call the dogs, but of course the gate is closed. Go open gate take dogs over to car. They miss the mousy and it runs back under the car. I look under the car, bang on the suspension with a stick, but no mousey. Go over to the other side of the car, and there's mousy running into the forest! Point it out to the dog and she runs after it, then looses it under a pile of leaves. I see the mouse run out show that fact to dog and dog gets mousy (and a bunch of leaves)! GOOOD DOGGY! :clap:

Mouse traps are set again. Sigh now I get to pull off all the body panels and open up the air ducting to find the mousy's nest. What fun.

hahaha. mouse wrangler extraordinaire!!!

anyway, i bet the nest is in the heater box under the glove compartment. :mellow: once you take care of this issue flip the air to recirculate to close the entryway, when you park the car... :takebow:

Edited by mzxtreme

Thanks SC88Pathy. Funny story. I now realise that it's funnier when it hapens to someone else than yourself.

My wife told me that she heard a mouse in the wall the other day. Then a couple of days later she claimed she heard it in the wall in another part of the house in the wall. Since both of these walls were outside walls and are insulated, I said -argue- "honey, mice cannot go through the outside walls, they would have to go through the wall studs and insulation." Sure enough, two days later I hear a scratch in the basement, I check and they're not in the walls but between my floor joists. :(

So I set the trap as a seasoned mouse trapper would (P&B and Cheese Wiz :aok: ). Next day the trap is tripped but no mouse :furious: I go out to the hardware store and buy these super traps, bait the same way (P&B, etc..) Next day......two mice in the same trap sly . I set them up again and decided to try to catch a couple more.

Which reminds me, I should check those traps again.

when i was a kid my best friend's mom's minivan had some mice living in it. They would store their food findings (dog food usually) in the body panels, and live there nice and cozy like... a few months later the smell was so bad I almost had to stop hanging out with him, cause i couldn't stand the ride to or from his house. I was young then, hence the rides.

LMAO :beer:

Fact or Fiction?

Whats really fun: Set the trap, hear the trap, go to the trap and its gone......... :(

Spend an entire saturday morning looking for the trap, Get new trap, BP is awesome, screw it into the floor then set.

Go in to the garage for some wax on wax off and a beer, Hear Wife scream to High Heaven. Ahhhh mouse is back. Go into kitchen, wife is almost on the table and mouse dead in 2 traps :aok:

Nice story Bud !! Thanks ! :D

Stop picking up hitch hitch hikers !!!

Ever think the poor bastages were just trying to get away from your driving ?? :D

Good luck with the snap traps... they work the best. The peanut butter with some dog/cat food pressed into it and a little bit of salt. Trust me, I've become somewhat of an expert in killing mice and rats in the last few years.

LMAO at the stories.... Sitting at my desk when I hear a distinct keening. Follow the noise and it is outside in the storage area. A rat is 1/2 smooshed in a trap, but can still breathe and making a lot of noise. Poor thing, I'd better shoot it. Word to the wise, a .20 cal 1000 FPS pellet rifle is overkill for rats. Kinda like a .50BMG for people. I shoot the rat, the whole assembly jumps and flips over, and there is a neat hole in the wall plank. I wonder if the neighbor ever figured out what took that chunk of stucco out of his house ?

How about when a rat trips a mouse trap and runs off with it (and a broken leg), only to find that the trap cant fit through the hidey hole. Then it just pulls and screams, pulls and screams until it wakes you up. You find the trap and go to retrieve it making the rat scream LOUD. (believe me, rats can scream) So then you have to load the pellet rifle, aim it through the floor of the cabinet where the rat SHOULD be, and fire. Rat screams louder. Go get another pellet, try again... Down to muffled whimpers. Load again, fire, silence. I'll deal with the corpse in the morning.

One morning I get up and go into the bathroom. There is a rat in the bath tub ! He runs down the drain, so I turn the HOT on high and let it run for about 5 minutes. Got to work, come home. There is a rat in the bathtub ! But now he is 1/2 hairless, swollen feet, face and eyes, lying on his side wheezing. Poor thing must have been like that all day. Better shoot him. A porcelain covered metal free standing tub makes a great backstop. Talk about expansion, that .20 pellet went to.40 !!

One morning I get up and go into the kitchen. There is a mouse sitting in a frying pan on the stove. I grab the pan, do the pancake flip and my best tennis serve. Pa-ting, one dead mouse....

I won't bore you any more, lets just say I have killed more than I can count and in as many ways as were available. Get creative Bud !! ;)

B

First off these are hilarious stories!

Secondly, Couldnt you all just set them free!!! ughhh, whats with everyone killing them!?

at my work someone sets traps and i found a little mouse caught in one, by one of his back legs, so i box him up and carry him to this little forrest and set it free, and then i set off the other traps, give the little guys a chance!!!

mice reminds me of this

Super mouse!!

good luck catching this guy!

First off these are hilarious stories!

Secondly, Couldnt you all just set them free!!! ughhh, whats with everyone killing them!?

at my work someone sets traps and i found a little mouse caught in one, by one of his back legs, so i box him up and carry him to this little forrest and set it free, ...

... then it promptly returns to chew another hole.. P...P...P...

Edited by mzxtreme

... then it promptly returns to chew another hole..

Yea if you don't kill them they come back...

Of course you can throw them out the window by the side of the road and let someone else deal with it! :laugh:

And my vent is ALWAYS set to recirculate. I hardly ever need to use the heater and if I'm hot I just roll down the windows. I think they might have gotten in when I left the moon roof open over night (this has happened numerous times). Or they're finding some other way in...

Checked the traps this morning and both are still set cheese hasn't been touched. No peanut butter here, but chedder cheese is effective too.

BTW How do I get into the heater box?

Nice story Bud !! Thanks ! :D

Stop picking up hitch hitch hikers !!!

Ever think the poor bastages were just trying to get away from your driving ?? :D

Acutally I think they were trying to get away from the music. First one came out to Coal Chamber and second and third came out to Devildriver (both being played waaay too loud, I love my new 6x9s!). Hmm maybe it has something to do with Dez Fafera's vocals... :lol:

Yea if you don't kill them they come back...

Of course you can throw them out the window by the side of the road and let someone else deal with it! :laugh:

And my vent is ALWAYS set to recirculate. I hardly ever need to use the heater and if I'm hot I just roll down the windows. I think they might have gotten in when I left the moon roof open over night (this has happened numerous times). Or they're finding some other way in...

Checked the traps this morning and both are still set cheese hasn't been touched. No peanut butter here, but chedder cheese is effective too.

BTW How do I get into the heater box?

lol. do take k9's advice.. hehehe

it's a bit of a pita and i don't think i actually got it all apart but just opened it enough to get the vac hose in there and suck it all out.. look at the box and then start disassebly.. things probably had changed between our years but i had to pull the passenger foot pannell (just forard of the door) and then work my way around all those tight spaces and take out the screws and such untill i unboud it enough to pull away.. to totaly open it up one may have to remove the dash, or at least do way more disassembly..

if you have your windows up then i'd suggest you open the air to fresh air while you're in the truck.. it's not the healthiest otherwise..