How To Install A 3" Body Lift

88pathoffroad

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

kool thats all helpin a bit has anyone installed teh 3 inch rads drop down kit from ac is it pretty simple they just threw everyting in a box and sent it an i never did this befor so im just tryin to visuallize it all

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

has anyone had any problems with their brake lines after installing a BL?

i just installed mine today/yesterday and i noticed the lines were a bit taut. i imagine this would be worse if i had a suspension lift too.

can you uncoil the lines a bit to make them longer?

When you mention that your brake lines seem taught, I assume that you mean at the master cyl? Like 88 said, you can pull the coils apart a bit.

When you do a suspension lift you don't have to worry about them at the master, but you do have to add extensions at all 4 wheels.

My bad, must be a Jeep thing then.

No worries. Just try to remember that you're now driving a Pathfinder. Some things are MUCH better. Some things (#6 sparkplug location, starter location, alternator location) might make you wish for a HEEP. :lol:

No worries. Just try to remember that you're now driving a Pathfinder. Some things are MUCH better. Some things (#6 sparkplug location, starter location, alternator location) might make you wish for a HEEP. :lol:

I can pull the front clip off of a YJ, yank the motor, install a new one and drive it out of the shop in 8hrs. Sounds like it'll take me that long to change the plugs lol.

Naw...it's not THAT bad...once you get the hang of it. :)

The #6 is a pain....but once you've done it a few times, you just sort of "feel" where it is. It becomes only marginally more difficult than any of the rest, which are pretty standard.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...