What I've been up to lately...

wheelmanLS1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what ive been wanting to do is take some wire mesh like the kind them imports have guarding there intakes and put it behind the grill openings, and make sure there silver

Funny you should say that FLA... I was toying with the idea of using chicken wire as a grille after I install a brush guard..hehe.... :beer:

Did you see what I did for my intake when I first got the pathy?

354764_12_full.jpg

That is a good deal! I got just my tires for $620. I know I got ripped off... it was the first time ever buying tires for me. I paid the disposal fee (which I thought was required), and then paid $25 for the roadside assistance deal (which I later found out was $25 per tire). Anyways, lesson learned.

Yeah, always ask for the old tires, then sell them to a used tire shop. Get money rather than give it away :D

BTW, anyone want a set of 5 stock chrome rims? $100 :shrug:

Edited by GrimGreg

Yeah, always ask for the old tires, then sell them to a used tire shop. Get money rather than give it away :D

BTW, anyone want a set of 5 stock chrome rims? $100 :shrug:

Yeah, keep them unless metal bands are sticking out of them ;)

Anyway, nice tires and rims GG! :aok:

The Red LEDs are fairly bright. You can *almost* something under them if it's not too bright outside. I'm considering changing them out for higher power LEDs, but wanted to see how the effect worked first. I don't lose the overhead lights at all, I tapped into power from the sunroof. They LEDs are ignition based, on whenever the vehicle is.

I'm planning on coloring the interior lights, but I can't find red bulbs that will fit.

The Red LEDs are fairly bright. You can *almost* something under them if it's not too bright outside. I'm considering changing them out for higher power LEDs, but wanted to see how the effect worked first. I don't lose the overhead lights at all, I tapped into power from the sunroof. They LEDs are ignition based, on whenever the vehicle is.

I'm planning on coloring the interior lights, but I can't find red bulbs that will fit.

I've been wanting to upgrade the third brake LED light too. It's definitely not a brightness match for the regular taillights. If you can find a Chevy S-10 or Suburban third brake light, it'll go well up there and is a LOT brighter than the stock Nissan one.

All you need is a T6 bulb for the dome light and a few 194's (I think) for the door lights if you have them. They make all colors of bulbs, available at AutoZone or Schucks. I see them all the time at auto parts stores.

An easy way to go red is to get that repair tape they sell for taillights. Just wrap it around your white buld.

I've gone LED on my marker lights, turn signals, and brake lights (third and crner lights). I've used replacements from superbrightleds.com, and they work ok, however they aren't as bright. My next step is going to be integrating full LEDs into the housings, much like OEM LED lights come.

No pic just yet, but I mounted a fire extinguisher in the cargo area, and a small power inverter in the glovebox. :aok:

I'm going to be getting a bigger 2000W P.I. to mount in the rear and run off a direct connection to the battery.

Used Dell ultrathin laptop that runs my Garmin GPS stuff. The GPS signal receiver is on the roofrack.

I made the shelf for the laptop out of 1/4" lexan. It's attached to the center console with 4 allen bolts and rivnuts. Comes off in 30 seconds if i want it, but I found it makes for a fantastic lunch tray when the laptop is off so i just keep it there at all times.

IMG_3828.JPG

img22950ty.jpg

Edited by Filthy Luker