Suggestions For 88?

DJ Dank

Since 88 now has power to make changes and I've noticed a few already(awesome!) I thought maybe we could create a thread for some ideas or suggestions not otherwise mentioned? I dunno, just a thought.

I think maybe it would be a good idea to add a "Lounge" section or something similar where non-Nissan/pathy threads can be started. Currently, it seems that the General Section seems to be the place for them but maybe the newer section would be more appropriate?

Thats my thought.

DJ

me three! I will sign on the dotted line.. the part that says :not to be held responsible for any loss or damage to 88's lovely Pathy".... -study-

May I suggest a forum where we can schedule time to borrow his truck? I have a few REALLY technical trails I'd like to try....

lmao... I have a serious crush on that truck too!

$2.50 US or CDN? dunno if I can afford USD...

suggestion:

Pezzy

NPORA Old-Timer

Group: Members

Member No.: 979

Is it possible to add Location under there? I'm constantly looking into profiles to see where people are from, seeing as we are from just about everywhere!

Is it possible to add Location under there? I'm constantly looking into profiles to see where people are from, seeing as we are from just about everywhere!

I agree with that. :help:

A section separate from the forum where common howtos are, how to put on a lift, how to tighten torsion, how to know the tire size, backspace, everything that regulars take for common knowlage but new people ask without searching.

I can't add a location to people's info with what I have on hand. It'd have to be added to the CSS or HTML page manually and I can't do that without Jim's full hosting access.

Duffman: that's what the "Pinned Topics" section in the Garage is for. I'll change it and move stuff into it slowly but surely. PM me with a link to any threads you think might qualify, OK?

Um, might wanna fix this being at the botom of the pages:

Queries Used

SELECT id, member_id, running_time, location FROM ibf_sessions WHERE id='3acdd58c043d7f4139cb41035790b59f' and ip_address='67.149.134.230'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SELECT moderator.mid as is_mod, moderator.allow_warn, m.id, m.name, m.mgroup, m.password, m.email, m.restrict_post, m.view_sigs, m.view_avs, m.view_pop, m.view_img, m.auto_track, m.mod_posts, m.language, m.skin, m.new_msg, m.show_popup, m.msg_total, m.time_offset, m.posts, m.joined, m.last_post, m.last_visit, m.last_activity, m.dst_in_use, m.view_prefs, m.org_perm_id, m.temp_ban, m.sub_end, g.* FROM ibf_members m LEFT JOIN ibf_groups g ON (g.g_id=m.mgroup) LEFT JOIN ibf_moderators moderator ON (moderator.member_id=m.id OR moderator.group_id=m.mgroup ) WHERE m.id=1077

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE ibf_sessions SET member_name='GrimGreg',member_id='1077',member_group='3',in_forum='25',in_topic='0',login_type='',running_time='1119933208',location='SF,,' WHERE id='3acdd58c043d7f4139cb41035790b59f'

SELECT s.*, t.template, c.css_text FROM ibf_skins s LEFT JOIN ibf_templates t ON (t.tmid=s.tmpl_id) LEFT JOIN ibf_css c ON (s.css_id=c.cssid) WHERE s.default_set=1

SELECT func_name, func_data, section_content FROM ibf_skin_templates WHERE set_id='1' AND group_name='skin_global'

SELECT func_name, func_data, section_content FROM ibf_skin_templates WHERE set_id='1' AND group_name='skin_forum'

SELECT f.*, c.id as cat_id, c.name as cat_name FROM ibf_forums f LEFT JOIN ibf_categories c ON (c.id=f.category) WHERE f.id=25

SELECT f.id as forum_id, f.parent_id, f.subwrap, f.sub_can_post, f.name as forum_name, f.position, f.redirect_on, f.read_perms, c.id as cat_id, c.name FROM ibf_forums f LEFT JOIN ibf_categories c ON (c.id=f.category) WHERE c.state IN (1,2) ORDER BY c.position, f.position

SELECT COUNT(tid) as max FROM ibf_topics WHERE forum_id=25 and approved=1 and (pinned=1 or last_post > 1117341208)

SELECT DISTINCT(ibf_posts.author_id), ibf_topics.* FROM ibf_topics LEFT JOIN ibf_posts ON (ibf_topics.tid=ibf_posts.topic_id AND ibf_posts.author_id=1077) WHERE ibf_topics.forum_id=25 and ibf_topics.approved=1 and (ibf_topics.pinned=1 or ibf_topics.last_post > 1117341208) ORDER BY pinned DESC, last_post DESC LIMIT 0,20

SELECT s.member_id, s.member_name, s.login_type, s.location, g.suffix, g.prefix, g.g_perm_id, t.forum_id, m.org_perm_id FROM ibf_sessions s LEFT JOIN ibf_groups g ON (g.g_id=s.member_group) LEFT JOIN ibf_topics t ON (t.tid=s.in_topic) LEFT JOIN ibf_members m on (s.member_id=m.id) WHERE (s.in_forum=25 OR t.forum_id=25) AND s.running_time > 1119932308 ORDER BY s.running_time DESC

SELECT macro_value, macro_replace FROM ibf_macro WHERE macro_set=1

:shrug:

Edited by GrimGreg

• 3 weeks later...

I got a suggestion. How about when a newbie signs up they are not allowed to post for atleast 7 days. They can read all the threads and get a feel for the forum, but thats all. It would cut way back on alot of the redundant questions and definetly cut back on people advertising items for sale and then never coming back to the site. What do yall think?