2005 XTrail

Trainman

Here is a review of the 2005 XTrail.

Review Link

Any thoughts or actual experiences with this vehicle as far as off road capability goes? Except for lacking a low range, it seems better than the other cuteutes out there with a mini version of Nissan’s AllMode 4wd and 7.8 inches of ground clearance. The reviewer is pretty up-beat about it off road abilities.

Looking for some thoughts as a potential future replacement for my 02 Pathy. The XTerra is too much 4x4 for my needs and the 05 Pathy is not to my liking.

Thanks, Will

Well going from a pathy to an X-trail why :wacko: .

Why though :confused:

The X-trail does have some neat nicknacks eg. heated or cooled mug holders.

But offroad well take it out on a test drive and see you will not go 1/2 as far where your Pathy can go. :)

You can get the S version of the X which is more base no Locker, smaller tires and less G/C by 1/2" but still great offroad. That version is about 2800 cheaper then the O/R pkg.

Oh BTW I am averaging with the O/R pkg 05X 460-480Km per tank of mixed driving mostly city and some highway and on just highway I was getting an average of 510-530 per tank. I am very pleased with the mileage this was going 109kph Just under the Radar :D

:beer:

i think this is basically a car just like CR-V and the like... Xterra is also cheaper and a real truck.. from what i am hearing the 05 X get's good MPGs (lo 20s in the city.)

Yeah I think its like a Toyota Highlander and a CRV put together. :rolleyes: Doesn't look great to me.

I cannot tell you about 05 X-Trail, never even actually seen it))

But I can tell you about 00 X-Trail.

A good car, more off-road-oriented than CR-V or RAV4. These two are actually rather weak cars.... city-only, as I'd call them. If you are looking for a small SUV with decent off-road capabilities, I'd recommend X-trail or Suzuki Escudo. Wait, I guess it is called Vitara in U.S. I used to drive Escudo for two years, and I can tell it is a monster, a small one, but still a monster in its heart )))

I am not sure about 05 year models... but I guess they are not worse )))

LOL when I hear Escudo, I think of that badass car from GT 2 & 3, the pike's peak version. If you had that car you could beat the pants off of anybody, no matter how good or bad of a driver you were.

LOL when I hear Escudo, I think of that badass car from GT 2 & 3, the pike's peak version. If you had that car you could beat the pants off of anybody, no matter how good or bad of a driver you were.

haha thats the truth!