Hawairish and TowndawgR50 are teaming up!

hawairish

join the r50 nissan pathfinder and qx4 lift group on facebook. theres at least two guys on there currently manufacturing sfd's for good prices

FaceBook is the Wild West, beware! I stopped following that a while ago. It’s definitely a different crowd.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RainGoat said:

FaceBook is the Wild West, beware! I stopped following that a while ago. It’s definitely a different crowd.

it is...but im kind of a obsessive reader so i follow everything i can. 

Edited by Sjackson2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Agreed, that group was the reason I deleted my facebook account. Everytime I'd go on I'd just get super annoyed with incorrect information and people who think they're God. And I wouldn't get a sfd from there either, as there are incorrect specs floating around which could be annoying to align best case and dangerous in the worst case

• Like 4

5 hours ago, micahfelker said:

Agreed, that group was the reason I deleted my facebook account. Everytime I'd go on I'd just get super annoyed with incorrect information and people who think they're God. And I wouldn't get a sfd from there either, as there are incorrect specs floating around which could be annoying to align best case and dangerous in the worst case

Thanks. I don’t want to thread jack this, but I’ll say I checked out the Facebook page a little and came the conclusion it really wasn’t for me...no offense at all to anyone who likes and uses it. Regarding SFD, I feel confident that anything Towndawg and Hawairish put out would be safe and well engineered so I’ll probably hold off for that for now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SFD

With the sfd you will need a front skid the same amount of inches taller than the factory height.

So 4” sfd you’ll need a 4” taller skid plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Stpickens said:

Mine will definitely be up for sale when the time comes. emoji1303.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should be down if I don’t have another one by then 

• Like 1

I got to see some development pictures last night. I’d say the SFD project is coming along nicely and people are going to be very pleased with their product. It should be #1 out of the gate. We had some fun kicking around other potential projects. Exciting stuff!!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the continued support and patience!

I know this thread has tangented off a few directions so far, and that was ok since I think it spawned a little excitement in everyone (including ourselves) to get more products out there.  Going forward, though, we'd love it if the discussion stay centered on some of the ideas we're working on and any related questions.  We're aware that competing products do, or may soon, exist.  But, that doesn't phase us, impress us, nor change our goals here.  What we've been working on is far more dynamic than anything out there.

We're due for another update, no doubt.  We've got a big one coming very very soon (hint: tonight?).  Let's just say that yesterday was a major R&D and prototype day for us.  Stay tuned!

Edited by hawairish
  • Like 6

43 minutes ago, hawairish said:

Thanks everyone for the continued support and patience!

I know this thread has tangented off a few directions so far, and that was ok since I think it spawned a little excitement in everyone (including ourselves) to get more products out there.  Going forward, though, we'd love it if the discussion stay centered on some of the ideas we're working on and any related questions.  We're aware that competing products do, or may soon, exist, but doesn't phase us, impress us, nor change our goals here.  What we've been working on is far more dynamic than anything out there.

We're due for another update, no doubt.  We've got a big one coming very very soon (hint: tonight?).  Let's just say that yesterday was a major R&D and prototype day for us.  Stay tuned!

Are those beefy trailing arms gonna be on the list of products? 

• Like 1

Thank you for your patience everyone!  We're excited to make a few important announcements...

First, our company name: Pines to Spines Off Road.  Affectionately "PSO" in our regular discussions, the name refers to the regions we call home and the challenges in between that inspire us to design and build our rigs to tackle all terrains. Our primary goal is to provide a comprehensive line of products that focuses on design, function, and quality.  Since our product line will come from two locations depending on our fabrication processes, we also couldn't proceed without proper facility names: the "Tiger Mountain Test Lab" in WA, and the "Spines Fab Lab" in AZ.  By both combining and splitting the production, we're able to make solid use of our respective areas of expertise and assets.

Second, our SFD components.  Let's step backwards for a moment, though: we know there are "kits" (pieces?) out there.  Everything we've seen is based on antiquated prints that have been floating around the internet for years, with very basic designs, zero improvement, limited tooling access, and little assurance that the alignment issues are addressed.  The design got folks down the road, but many have experienced problems with fabrication quality or alignment issues.  The original kits were also intended for a specific outcome (either 4" to 6" of lift), and potentially required removal of prior upgrades; even that company got out of the game for some reason.

Fast-forward to now, and we're addressing all those points.  Our SFD solution is modular and bolt-on, backed by CAD and CNC equipment to produce consistent and efficient results.  Our SFD "kit" is actually multiple kits, including a non-SFD lift option!  We'll be offering 1.75", 3", and 4" strut spacers, all of which feature camber adjustment, and pairing those with 3" and 4" SFD kits.  This allows us to cater to practically any desired setup!  The 1.75" base spacer can be used without a subframe drop, or combined with OME or AC springs and 3" SFD to produce something more moderate.  The base spacer is also the heart of our 3" and 4" strut spacers, so upgrading later is easy.  None of the spacers require strut disassembly, and because they are two-piece spacers, installation is as simple as attaching one part to the strut, the other part to the chassis, and then bringing the two together. All materials meet or exceed OE specs with grade 10.9 metric hardware, 1/4" plate for the strut components and subframe risers with 3/16" plate for the motor mounts. 

ywkwWGW.jpg

Shown above are the unfinished prototype 3" and 4" motor mount spacers, the 4" strut spacer demonstrating full camber offset, and the upper mounting plate for use as a 1.75" spacers. These are fresh from the plasma table and press break processes this past weekend with a quick mock-up to validate core assembly so they have not been welded yet.  

We are still prototyping, using our personal rigs and a 3rd vehicle--an 03 Pathfinder LE (a.k.a., The Gambler) that @ferrariowner123 graciously sent our way! This rig will be fitted with all of our gear and serve as demo vehicle and eventually participate in the Washington State Gambler 500!  Soon after, we'll be working with several local NPORA members (our "Piners & Spiners" Team) to personally install the first batch, among other things we've already been field testing.  We are very grateful to these folks for the support and a chance to provide real-world feedback to further improve our products. 

We have also been eagerly developing other products we hope to offer in the near future:

·         static and adjustable rear control arms and panhard bars

·         polyurethane motor mounts

·         swing-gate installation kits

·         roof-rail mounting system for roof baskets, lighting, storage, etc.

xnQGzy7.jpg

iFv8kU5.jpg

6VU8Iv3.jpg?1

We are excited for the coming months as things roll out and our products get put to the test. Going forward we ask that all posts to this thread stay on topic with questions and comments pertaining only to our offered products and services. Stay tuned for up to date progress and product release dates!

Edited by TowndawgR50
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3