newer Cars that will one day be "Classics"?

bushnut

Nailed it

Ordinal Evo's are starting to fetch a pretty penny. So it makes sense that it's competition would as well, makes me want to get my hands on a 2.5RS, and restore it.

-Kyle

agreed!!

25 or 30 years ago we had a Renauld "le Car" that we called the "toaster". I would take it over a Cube. That Cube thing makes me embarassed to own a Nissan.

Based on the LeCar I would take the rally version the R5 turbo !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_5_Turbo#Renault_5_Turbo_2

On a much newer car note, I think the new 4 series will be somewhat close to what the e30 is today, because the point of the 4 series is its a 3 series coupe and looks awesome. Plus this is the first generation, and it's the first with BMW's new, insane and amazing styling.

With my original thought of Evo's and Sti's being classics (Evo more so since it was just discontinued), I add the 4 series, specially the M4, the hellcat series (challenger and charger), and the new corvette, that thing is amazing and in a league of its own, those will be hunted down as hard as C3's are today.

I of course agree with the GTR'S and special edition Cars, because they are supposed to be collectable, that's why Nissan only makes one thousand production units of the R35 a year and a thousand of the Nismo Z cars as well. I don't know how many Nismo R35's they'll make, not alot I'd imagine.

-Kyle

Not to @!*% on your opinion but I think the juke is one of the ugliest cars ever produced!! It looks like a frog! I don't think it has the classic potential.

Sent from Tapatalk

If we are talking ugly, as in U. G. L. Y. the Ford Flex has got NO alibi! It looks like a refrigerator on wheels. And then I put the BMW Mini Clubman (extended version) behind that, I like Minis but that Clubman is horrid.

• Like 1

Crap I totally forgot about the Honda S2000 for the classic category! That thing should be in a league of its own. I think it was one of the first of the newer small cars to have well into the 200 hp range out of a naturally aspirated 4 cyl engine, without nitrous. Just before that, the closest thing would have been the H22 from the last gen Prelude at like 195 hp, which was a lot from a 4 cyl without assistance, and that's the way I like 'em, all motor baby :)

• Like 1

My top 5 list (which is thinking way outside the box):

1- Fisker Karma

2- Ford GT

3- Pontiac Solstice GXP

4- Tesla Roadster

5- Acura NSX

Honorable Mention: Pontiac Aztek (think of it like a 20th century Edsel) :lol:

I'm pretty sure the NSX is already a classic, NO DOUBT!! Maybe not "officially" as it's not quite old yet, but nonetheless that thing has a spot reserved for sure!! Good call!!

Sent from Tapatalk

• Like 1

If we are talking ugly, as in U. G. L. Y. the Ford Flex has got NO alibi! It looks like a refrigerator on wheels. And then I put the BMW Mini Clubman (extended version) behind that, I like Minis but that Clubman is horrid.

I agree, it is a fridge on its side on a wheelie cart but I would easily daily a Flex and still feel good about myself over driving a Junk even once.....unless it was a Juke R.

Im not a fan of the new minis. They are just not Mini Cooper enough to be a Mini Cooper.

Im going to throw out there any car that is currently in the "tuner" crowd. No hear me out, not the vehicles that have been "modified"(ebay or otherwise), but the cars that are left untouched. A lot of people have destroyed 240sx's and its getting harder and harder to find them in decent condition. Same goes for the AE86, Civic Si, 300zx, Supra, Miata.... See where Im going with this?

• Like 1

HRT (Holden) 427 monaro will be there, of course it's an extremely limited edition (only 2 on road cars made) but even the lower spec'd HSV GTS monaro should be there as well.

Also the Maloo R8

• Like 1

Im going to throw out there any car that is currently in the "tuner" crowd. No hear me out, not the vehicles that have been "modified"(ebay or otherwise), but the cars that are left untouched. A lot of people have destroyed 240sx's and its getting harder and harder to find them in decent condition. Same goes for the AE86, Civic Si, 300zx, Supra, Miata.... See where Im going with this?

Yes, I do and it pisses me off to see what disgusting, ghettofied lengths that people will stoop to on how to really screw up a once great car...but guess what, I've got a little ray of sunshine for you...errr...I think. You see, I've only just "discovered" this car for myself and now I'm really charged up about them....

The early to mid 90s Lexus SC 400 and 300. I'm way more partial to the SC300 because I like the straight 6 double overhead cam Supra engine. I've always loved Supras and here I've found where they all migrated to in camouflage.

These cars only really had one generation and only had slight cosmetic and small engine variances and seems to me have been largely ignored / looked over or forgotten about. The really interesting thing is the 300 is only just a shade slower 0-60 than the 4.0 v8 engine'd SC400 and seems they'd have about the same rate of acceleration. I am stoked to have discovered these cars and would really like to get one. However, searching on CL does shows some signs of morons getting their hands on them too...but hopefully they are the minority.

Ahh Lord...:( I'm wrong, they've been corrupted too. Sigh. Tried to find some good links but there are none, other than Wikipedia.

Not to @!*% on your opinion but I think the juke is one of the ugliest cars ever produced!! It looks like a frog! I don't think it has the classic potential.

Sent from Tapatalk

No worries man, I was just thinking about what makes a "Classic" is based on and it seems to me that a lot of that is a unique / special look .... it also a lot of opinion! I'm not saying I like the way it looks but I work with a lot of guys who are in their early twenties and most of them like it's look because it's different than the cookie-cutter civics/ MX5 / Toyota whatevers. IN twenty years when the cars, I assume we are talking about, ARE classics _we_ will be the old guys ( jjeeezzzzz I'm gonna be sixty...damn... that's not cool) and the classics will be what the 40 year-olds will be after.... which I would guess will be the GT-Rs and possibly the Juke!

No I totally get your point. It just doesn't seem like one of those cars a 40 year old man in his midlife crisis would buy, know what I mean. And it seems THAT is a pretty good indicator for what a classic will be. How many old dudes do you see driving corvettes? I have yet to see a young guy in one lol. That's kind of my point. Cars that young guys nowadays drool over but can never afford until 20 years from now. Which is why the GTRs and R8's are on top of my list. NSX is in the same ball park.

Sent from Tapatalk

Edited by CDN_S4

You don't like the V-8 in the Magnum lerch? We have one of our guys who has one but I really don't see it as a classic... it looks cheap and plastic-y inside... or maybe I've gotten used to the fine red tweed interior of a certain Pathfinder and expect that kind of class in other cars!

Nobody remembers the Dodge Magnum? I've wanted one for years, and until someone puts a good V8 into a spacious station wagon, I'll continue wanting one.

That's why they make Audi S4 Avants! :)

4.2 V8

S4avant.jpg

• Like 2