Secret Santa #5, What loot did Santa bring? Arrr...

Precise1

Ok, this is where you share who your Santa was and what he or she got you. Time to show off your present... :aok:

Some Santas (Santi?) prefer to remain secret, others do not so play accordingly.

B

I'm still waiting for mine, but that's all good...

Edited by Precise1

Don't have a picture yet but got an awesome D-ring recovery device that fits nicely in the 2" receiver on my Pathy. Woohoo thanks CNAM. My mom picked it up and was like what the heck is this it weighs a ton. I laughed and said I had to wait till today to open it. I had fun with this and wish everyone a very happy holidays.

James

Edited by Hytekrednek
  • Like 1

Or just camping... Glad you like it! :aok:

Make sure to read the instructions, it has a lot of features.

I swear by head lamps but I have not yet owned one this sophisticated. Let me know what you think in 6 months...

B

• Like 1

Thanks B! She just barely fits in the Car though! will help a lot when Im changing another tie rod underneath!

P1010655_zpsb016a759.jpg

My brother got me one of those, it is pretty damn bright, and the features are pretty neat. I like how it dims.

They got good reviews and everyone commented on how bright it could be but how nice it was to have the dimming feature as well. :aok:

I almost bought him a big, LED maglite but I went through his Pathfinder thread (to help pick the color) and saw he already had one clipped to the gate.

SilverPath, is your maglite LED or incandescent? I thought it looked old enough that it might still be incandescent...

B

Received my secret Santa gift today; it was waiting on the porch when we returned from my "ancestral manse."

A slow-cooker cookbook! A very astute observation on Santa K's (mallcrawler) part, seeing as how I've posted several crock-pot recipes, and have had lengthy discussions with B about crock-pot recipes.....thank you, K!

According to the clerk when I shipped out, my Santa recipient was supposed to receive theirs today. (It was kinda heavy)

Edited by linewar

Thank you Santa!

037_zps9f369bfd.jpg

Looks like a selection of flavors from the South and a good book. :aok:

All of it will be put to good use, but I laugh at the wimpy injector for the Cajun Garlic Marinade! To the left is mine... :lol:

I think that wraps it up for this year, everyone's presents are accounted for.

It was another fun year, so thanks everyone for playing Secret Santa #5 and thank you Derek for reminding me and playing this year. :beer:

Next year we'll see about a little more timely schedule.

:whistle:

B

Oops, it seems that Koveman hasn't chimed in. Is all well Bud?

Edited by Precise1

Thank you Santa!

037_zps9f369bfd.jpg

Looks like a selection of flavors from the South and a good book. :aok:

All of it will be put to good use, but I laugh at the wimpy injector for the Cajun Garlic Marinade! To the left is mine... :lol:

I think that wraps it up for this year, everyone's presents are accounted for.

It was another fun year, so thanks everyone for playing Secret Santa #5 and thank you Derek for reminding me and playing this year. :beer:

Next year we'll see about a little more timely schedule.

:whistle:

B

Oops, it seems that Koveman hasn't chimed in. Is all well Bud?

Glad you like it. As far as injectors, how am I to know that you have a mental-hospital issue hypo? :shrug: And why do I find that somewhat disturbing.....Human Beef...... *scratches head*

Also, try brewing the Cafe Du Monde in milk instead of water. Put an appropriate amount of grounds in a cheesecloth and brew it directly in milk in a pot on the stove. That's how cafe au lait is served at the actual Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter. Goes great unsweetened with the beignets.

I got a sweet ARB tire deflator kit from 5523Pathfinder. I was wanting to post an actual picture, but life has been in the way. This should make the air downs/shenanigans a little quicker.

Here's the stolen pic:

ARB505.jpg

Edited by KovemaN

Nope, it was not him. Apparently your Santa prefers to remain secret...

About that, some people include their name or a message with the gift, stating who they are, and others don't. If they do not, well, deal with it. :D

Sadly, no surprises for the B-man... *sob*

Congrats on the cool gift Koveman, thanks for sharing it. :aok:

(hope life is fine, just busy)

Ok, that seems to wrap things up for this year. I hope everyone had fun with it and appreciated their gift.

With a little luck, we'll start a little earlier next year and have a little bit more participation. Best of luck in 2014 everyone! :beer:

B