Out of curiosity

hagge

It seems as the Pathfinder is a quite popular offroad car in North America.

How common is it compared to other cars for example Jeep?

Here in Sweden they are (or was) quite popular SUVs, but you hardly ever see a Pathfinder go offroad.

At an offroad meet the most common car would be Zuzukis, and after that the Cherokee i guess.

Then Pajero, Patrol, Wrangler etc.

And off course the old Swedish military truck, the Volvo TGB...

Well....just curious....

Not very popular off road vehicles in my area.

I'm surprised whenever I see one on the trail.

Chevrolet, Jeep, Toyota, Ford, I see those all day, but Nissan Pathfinders are a rare bird in my experience.

I used to turn heads in mine, people always thought I was a soccer mom that got lost....Till they noticed the guy behind the wheel.

I'd say lifted Jeeps compared to lifted Pathfinders in my area is like 100:1... I've never seen another lifted R50 and theres one other lifted WD21 that I see around town. Other than that I see a few 4runners or FJ's every now and then but thats about it.

I think the big thing is the older pathfinders are quite capable off roaders, as the newer one's have basically turned into "soccer mom" SUV's, the Jeep on the other hand has stayed basically the same since it's introduction, talking about the CJ,Wrangler types. Of course the Jeep's have evolved from solid axles to coils and straight six engines to V6's but they are basically the same. So I think that is why there are so many Jeeps out there. Also unfortunately aftermarket support for the Nissan's has always been hard to find where as the Jeeps parts are available every where.

I think the big thing is the older pathfinders are quite capable off roaders, as the newer one's have basically turned into "soccer mom" SUV's, the Jeep on the other hand has stayed basically the same since it's introduction, talking about the CJ,Wrangler types. Of course the Jeep's have evolved from solid axles to coils and straight six engines to V6's but they are basically the same. So I think that is why there are so many Jeeps out there. Also unfortunately aftermarket support for the Nissan's has always been hard to find where as the Jeeps parts are available every where.

Jeeps have had v6s since before the straight sixes.

;)

But I definitely agree with that statement. I've taken my '92 to places that some stock Jeeps had trouble.

There are more Jeeps than Pathfinders around here. I do see them around, but I haven't seen one lifted... I think there's one lifted Jeep in town (I live in a small town LOL) and a few lifted late-model Dodge pickups. I think I saw a lifted Xterra once.

There isn't a huge offroad scene where I am, so the trucks I see are probably used more for snow and ice than for wheeling.

Jeeps are everywhere in Southern oregon and they wheel pretty good too...they are great for a person that likes to be like everyone else and aftermarket support is unreal...pathfinders and their owners are a different breed...aftermarket support is hard to find so we have to build our own...but that gives every pathfinder owner the ability to build it how they want it and not just store bought mall crawler mods that get put in mass production and everyone lines up to buy what they built and feel is best for "your" Jeep..

Thanks for all your replies!

I thought maybe it was more popular, with its own forum and all.

Great forum by the way!

I have never seen a lifted Pathfinder here, maybe mine will turn some heads when done :laugh:

Yup...we are a unique group on the roads and off ;) That's its allure...when I get an oil change at a Nissan Dealership its fun to watch all the mechanics come and gather around to admire my '95.

Have fun with your Classic Truck...hope you keep it on the road for many fun filled years to come :)

my 69 CJ5 had the 225 v6 which willys had got from gm it was orig[nally in the buick

Yes, Buick designed the 225 V6 from the 198 v6, which originated in the 215 V8.

From there, Buick sold the tooling rights in 1965 to Kaiser Jeep Corporation, and 225s began appearing in 1966.