So im out of ideas on my MPG. (Hate to make this thread)

So who gets the dollar? because i've seen my passenger side manifold and can tell it was cracked.

-Kyle

Nobody yet. We were betting on my manifold, and I have yet to have a closer look at it. :wiggle:

Wish I could help you more Kyle, but I'm getting just over 18mpg on the highway (lower than I thought originally, but still pretty good) at about 70mph & I have tons of drag-causing El Cheapo accessories on mine to add to lower gas mileage.

I have manual hubs, electric fans, 31" tires, stock gearing, I cleaned the TB & ran Seafoam through the vacuum line into the head, put in new plugs & wires, K&N air filter, blah, blah, blabiddy blah. The only real difference I can see is the cracked manifold or maybe a gas leak as 90seven says.

When I first got the truck I was getting about 12mpg highway & joggers would pass me when going uphill, totally gutless under load, I remember the TB clean & the Seafoam improved it a lot & I'm guessing the elec fans & manual hubs really helped too.

Just out of interest (& I don't think this is the problem) what pressure are you running your tires at?

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Edited by theexbrit

Thank you, i have heard similar claims for guys like devonianwalk, he maintained his MPG after his lift, with manual hubs.

Very true as I only lock in my hubs at trail heads .. never on pavement. I just recently started to notice that my treads on the same tires you have (GY Duratracs) are starting to wear in the middle of the tread. I am currently running with 40 psi on all four corners. Who was it that suggested running 35 psi front and 32 psi rear? I'm going to adjust to those pressures and re-check my MPG's. My quest is to look for better wear .. not fuel millage.

• Like 1

ughh .... double post. It's not me. No. Rather, the lag. Yeah .. that's it .. the lag. The very same excuse I use when someone shoots me on my online FPS games. Stupid Nunya. I mean ... "lag".

Edited by devonianwalk
  • Like 2

:lol:

Actually, I cut it pretty good with an extra sharp pair of shears. This photo was taken just hours after I got out of the hospital. It was hurting like a biotch. You would think by the size of the gauze that I lobbed it off and had it reattached.

• Like 1

since nobody has addressed this yet I think it's time to be asked.....just how heavy is your right foot kyle? :jk:

If I accelerate hard from a traffic light the gas gauge and speedometer needle move at about the same rate.

• Like 2

Have you searched for a gas leak? Seems silly, but I found a leak on mine.

No but its the next logical step. Where was yours so i have a starting place.

Wish I could help you more Kyle, but I'm getting just over 18mpg on the highway (lower than I thought originally, but still pretty good) at about 70mph & I have tons of drag-causing El Cheapo accessories on mine to add to lower gas mileage.

I have manual hubs, electric fans, 31" tires, stock gearing, I cleaned the TB & ran Seafoam through the vacuum line into the head, put in new plugs & wires, K&N air filter, blah, blah, blabiddy blah. The only real difference I can see is the cracked manifold or maybe a gas leak as 90seven says.

When I first got the truck I was getting about 12mpg highway & joggers would pass me when going uphill, totally gutless under load, I remember the TB clean & the Seafoam improved it a lot & I'm guessing the elec fans & manual hubs really helped too.

Just out of interest (& I don't think this is the problem) what pressure are you running your tires at?

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Hmm maybe ill try some of that, but im getting really sick of fixing this thing, so much so that i've started looking at new cars.

since nobody has addressed this yet I think it's time to be asked.....just how heavy is your right foot kyle? :jk:

If I accelerate hard from a traffic light the gas gauge and speedometer needle move at about the same rate.

Im a guy, so i gun it from time to time, but im not rally racing my pathfinder,to the point where mileage decreases are noticeable.

Thanks for the advice guys, have a lot to think about.

ill be making an order for dorman manifolds soon, and having my local exhaust guy install them for me.

But i rebuilt my halfshafts on Friday (now has rockford CV's) and noticed that i now have a really bad oil leak, and a coolant leak.

As you can tell, this car wants to kill my wallet.

-Kyle

It's a fact of life when living with 15+ year old cars/trucks...trust me I know. This is why I do all the mods early on because later you're just replacing parts which aren't fun and moreso if the car/truck is not what you want it to be. When the truck is customized right you just put up with the repairs and don't complain about it. Reminds me of marriage :laugh:

• Like 5

90seven, on 17 Jan 2013 - 16:03, said:snapback.png

Have you searched for a gas leak? Seems silly, but I found a leak on mine.

No but its the next logical step. Where was yours so i have a starting place.

This wouldn't cause you to loose that much fuel, but there was a recall on the gas tank filler tube. Just thought I would point that out, but I would think you'd notice a gas leak.

When the truck is customized right you just put up with the repairs and don't complain about it. Reminds me of marriage :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Too true, if you want a nice, peaceful life!

so yours trucked turned into a pathfinder welcome to the club brethren.

Ugh, i've been either really good at ignoring it, or its all attacking me at once.

It's a fact of life when living with 15+ year old cars/trucks...trust me I know. This is why I do all the mods early on because later you're just replacing parts which aren't fun and moreso if the car/truck is not what you want it to be. When the truck is customized right you just put up with the repairs and don't complain about it. Reminds me of marriage :laugh:

Yeah, im starting to realize that now, but we can blame my loaner car, my buddy lent me when pathy was in the shop, His "I" swapped E30, made me realize how unbelievably slow the pathfinder is. lol

Im gonna get her all fixed up and go from there. But you have to sympathize with me, modding is way more fun than keeping it going. Fixing gets really old, really fast.

-Kyle

Im gonna get her all fixed up and go from there. But you have to sympathize with me, modding is way more fun than keeping it going. Fixing gets really old, really fast.

-Kyle

Agreed, modding is tons more fun. Fixing is: "I'll do it because it HAS to be done," whereas modding is: "I'll do it because it'll be SWEET when it's done!" Both require spending cashola, but modding has much more satisfaction involved.

• Like 1

Agreed, modding is tons more fun. Fixing is: "I'll do it because it HAS to be done," whereas modding is: "I'll do it because it'll be SWEET when it's done!" Both require spending cashola, but modding has much more satisfaction involved.

FACT.

Im a guy, so i gun it from time to time, but im not rally racing my pathfinder,to the point where mileage decreases are noticeable.

I've noticed that if I keep the revs under 2k while accelerating, I gain about 1.5-2 extra mpg's in the city. This does make for some pretty boring driving though.

I've noticed that if I keep the revs under 2k while accelerating, I gain about 1.5-2 extra mpg's in the city. This does make for some pretty boring driving though.

I have no idea how to do this . . . there is absolutely no power band under 2k. I mean, I follow people that drive like this on the way to work everyday, but I don't think I could live with myself if I drove like them :suicide::)