All wheel independent suspension

Starting this build thread so intrested ppl can shed light and suggest. Im currently in the devlopment phase. I willbe jumping on my autocad later this week and I will be uploading concept's. I will be using wd21 ifs in the rear with redesigned uca's to support a strut style suspension aswell intergrading the 5link partly.

Gawd I wish we could Edit the Name of the thread.. lol, to much of a rush.

Edited by NWT87PATHY

Why not? Im in a land of winter, no real big rocks or hills.. Ground clearance and big floaty tires are ideal. No more diffs draging. Why a 2-door wd21? Because it hasent been done before and i like it!

• Like 3

Are you going to beef up the front end? You could even do a torsion bar delete and go to coils.

Fill me in on torsion delete? Would rather do that then make my own uca's!. Im gonna get rid of the worm and sector for a hydro rack style unit if I keep it rear wheel steer. Relocating the diff in the cradel will be tricky.. But nothing i cant wrap my noodle around! As far as parts go.. I have my first pathy ( the 5spd doner) and a 94 se that you can poke your finger through most body panel's! Thats the 94 dash/mpfi doner for my 87-89.. Maybe

If you weld them middle-to-middle, you may have some trouble setting the proper caster angles for the rear wheels. Not that it isn't something you could overcome, just something to be aware of.

Maybe an R50 rack would fit with a little hackery?

I gotta figure out how to set up for zero camber and caster all the time.. Not so much caster in ther rear.. Im looking to fix the rear, but im looking at a front diff and i cant seem to figure out how infact im going to center the pinion..

eureka! I'm taking the front half of 2 frame's,cutting where ever it measures out before t-bar member. then ima gonna weld/bolt and fish plate the 2 front halfs together to factoy length. Any one have ideas for rack and pinion's or somthing to get rid of worm and sector BS

Iphone deleted my post on accident Lol

Yeah, might be a little too much angle for the U joints to pick up. I'm sure a place that sections axles for sports cars could shorten one side and lengthen the other, though of course you'd have to change the mounts. Looks like they could just take the tube part on the right side and move it to the left side, and the pinion would be just about centered.

Or you could build some kind of transfer case coming off the trans to push the shaft over the six inches or so it needs to be for the stock diff.

• Like 1

You could just lengthen one side, but then you'd have to push the wheels farther apart, which would probably cause more fender rubbing, be a ton of work, and look stupid. You could shorten the CV shafts and the control arms, but that would mean a whole lot of work for less suspension travel, and who wants that?

The CVs should be the same length.

One thing you might look into, I think some other Nissans use the R200A (your front diff) as a rear diff. You might just see what's out there. There might be something in a wrecked Z car or something that's already centered or that you could trim down more easily.

I don't see why not. That way you'd have a much meatier diff in the back, and you wouldn't have to mess around with the driveshaft. Maybe you could have adaptors machined to connect the wheel studs to the CVs?

I just realized that your present design doesn't have anywhere to hook up an emergency brake. If you use a shortened rear axle, I don't see why you couldn't keep the rotors or drums at either end and hook those up. They might hang down a little but probably no more than the diff.

Feasible depends entirely on your budget and your skills. :)

edit, I googled r200 and found these: http://members.shaw....f compare 1.jpg

They're more or less centered but look to me like they'd require extensions (or different CVs/A-arms) to work with the stock stuff. You might be onto something with the cut down rear end!

Edited by Slartibartfast