VIEW FROM BEHIND THE PARTS COUNTER

Alkorahil

ONLY IN A JEEP

Will you find the rear drum and hub assembly in the back cargo area.............

jeep_zpsfc8f3bd9.jpg

Towed in on a flat bed.

jeep2_zps426768f6.jpg

jeep3_zpsaf440636.jpg

Yes that rear axle is split right in half......

Oh crap, that is just criminal! My attitude is if you are that stupid, you should not be allowed to drive. Period. No exceptions. If you are that stupid, imagine all the other stupid things you do... :doh:

The Skyline is sweeeet, but I don't understand why you guys have so many critters under the hood. Does everyone live with rats? :blink:

B

but I don't understand why you guys have so many critters under the hood. Does everyone live with rats? :blink:

B

We got lots of varmits here in TX I guess.

Suburban sprawl is a factor I am sure. They build McMansions in the middle of old farmlands and forests....the animals dont always leave. And in teh case of rats and stuff that garage you have is safe and warm!

There has been an increase over the years in reports of Bobcats, Coyotes and yes Mountain Lions attacking peoples small dogs and cats in neighborhoods at night over the past few years here in the Dallas area. The animals are feeling the pressure of the expansion of suburbia.

Do you want the nice answer or the real answer? :D

We got lots of varmits here in TX I guess.

Suburban sprawl is a factor I am sure. They build McMansions in the middle of old farmlands and forests....the animals dont always leave. And in teh case of rats and stuff that garage you have is safe and warm!

There has been an increase over the years in reports of Bobcats, Coyotes and yes Mountain Lions attacking peoples small dogs and cats in neighborhoods at night over the past few years here in the Dallas area. The animals are feeling the pressure of the expansion of suburbia.

Well, when I bought our R50, the right bank plug wells were filled with acorn husks and coated with oil from leaking valve cover gaskets so I do understand the critter thing all too well, but then it did sit outside in an area where all the lots are 1-5 acres. :shrug: It took me 3-4 hours to clean everything out well enough to remove the sparkplugs, the bottom stuff was like cement, and you know what the clearance is like down there. :rolleyes:

Outside of city limits this area is almost exclusively protected land, vinyard, AG land/ranch/dairy so it is pretty open. Birds of prey, bobcats, coyotes, foxes and even cougars too. A few years back there was a young cougar what ran literally through the center of the city, from east to west. Personally, I love it! Who cares if they take the occasional jogger or cyclist, that's just an incentive to train harder... :unsure:

At least 20 people in North America were killed by cougars between 1890 and 2011, including six in California.

Cougar_Nevada.jpg

Back to parts counters... :hide:

B

• Like 1

It pains me to tell people that have lost their keys that the IntelligentKey on their car and remote + programing will cost them $300-$450 depending on the vehicle AND they have to pay to get the car towed up to the shop because we have to have the car present to hook it up to the shop computer to program it to the vehicle.

That is why whem my parent bought a new Maxima last year I told them to insist that they give them a 3rd set of keys to the car, and to put that set in their safe at home.

So many people that dont know better think it will be $50-$100 or so for a remote and key........

Some are disapointed, some take it out on us poor parts people.

This afternoon I tried to explain how a turbo works to some kids as part of a bigger discussion of why they couldnt/shouldnt put it on their car. By the end of the lecture I was thinking of this simpler explaination:

582312_10151541465961189_1896245346_n_zp

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

So I was looking at this trade in 2003 QX4 and I spotted something wrong.......

0509130853_zpsd460637b.jpg

Can you see it??????

0509130853a_zpsce1a7441.jpg

The rear spoiler is mounted on the vehicle upside down!

It had me wondering if it has been this way since the day the vehicle was bought new.....

Snaped these real fast end of last week on my way out the door. Whenever I see 5 technicians all looking at something it gets your attention.

Front passenger side ball joint sperated from a hard curb hit on this Sentra.

The Lower balljoint completely seperated from the lower control arm. Lower control arm is twisted.

0413131654b_zps931277f1.jpg

Light isnt so good under the car but the strut is actually bent!

0413131655_zpsce4f2d46.jpg

Tear across the top of the outer CV boot. The lower control amr had actually been resting on/in the CV boot.

0413131655a_zps3bfb8c29.jpg

0413131654_zpsfe7a7061.jpg

Another in the trade-in line in the back about two weeks ago.

Nissan Rogue.

0211131639_zps7e203492.jpg

The previous owner apparently discovered the stick on plastic chrome section at Autozone....

0211131639b_zpsb30fbd71.jpg

Yeah, but that is street cred and at least 10HP!

Actually, it reminds me of this...

deluxe-tron-legacy-costume-zoom.jpg

So I was looking at this trade in 2003 QX4 and I spotted something wrong.......

0509130853_zpsd460637b.jpg

Can you see it??????

0509130853a_zpsce1a7441.jpg

The rear spoiler is mounted on the vehicle upside down!

It had me wondering if it has been this way since the day the vehicle was bought new.....

I was going to go with the spoiler, but I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be the same as what is on out 1999.0. I do know I'm familiar with it from all the stuff I've piled on top...

B

We had a Sentra come in today on a flat bed with the spare wheel bent and the tire flat..

You are either having a really bad day or a really bad driver when you taco your front driver side alloy wheel into pieces hitting something (like a curb) AND THEN taco the spare you put on it all in the same day......

I did everything to not come unhinged in this conversaion.....this happened earlier today........I wish it had happened to somone else....a peice of my life I will never get back......this is how it went down:

CUSTOMER: I have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. I need the center console.

ME: (I write 2006 R51 on my scratch paper pad) Ok you need the entire center console?

CUSTOMER: Yes

ME: The one between the two front seats? All of it? the whole thing or just a piece of it?

CUSTOMER: Yes I need the whole thing.

ME: OK Have you ever had the vehicle here for service? Like an oil change or anything? I need to get the vehicle VIN number.

CUSTOMER: No its never been here. Do you have the part?

ME: OK do you have the vehicle here?

CUSTOMER: No.

ME: Do you have an insurance card for it with you? The VIN would be on the insurance card.

CUSTOMER: No I don’t have that with me. Do you have the part?

ME: Well let me take a look and we’ll see what we have. OK…..(looking down at my scratch paper pad) So it’s a 2006, Pathfinder is an SE or LE grade?

CUSTOMER: No it’s a 2010.

ME: OK…..2010. (looking at my notepad thinking...he said 2006-I wrote it down) What is the interior color of the vehicle is it tan or grey?

CUSTOMER: What color is grey?

ME: uhhhhh…….its uh…grey?

CUSTOMER: What is the difference between the two?

ME: You have tan and grey, one is light oone is dark.

CUSTOMER: what does grey look like?

(trying not to loose my cool I turn around and point at an item on the shelf behind me.)

ME: Its like this color but a little darker.

(Then I point to a cardboard box on the counter.)

ME: Tan is closer to the color of this box.

CUSTOMER: I think mine is tan.

ME: OK no problem.

(I type in some information.)

ME: Ok that part, the entire center console is $1043 an will take 2-3 days to arrive.

CUSTOMER: Really?

ME: Yes sir it’s a very large part.

CUSTOMER: Can I see?

(I swivel the monitor around so he can see the diagram.

ME: See this outline, everything inside this box on the diagram comes with the entire consol. That price is for everything in this box. (Pointing to the entire center console assembly)

CUSTOMER: But I only need this part and this part (pointing at the console lid and the back finisher panel)

So I punch in the info for the two parts he pointed out….$380 or so.

He didn’t like those prices either.

The whole time there is a lady waiting in line behind him, staring at him and listening. I can see she is confused like me…..

ME: See this outline, everything inside this box on the diagram comes with the entire consol. That price is for everything in this box. (Pointing to the entire center console assembly)

CUSTOMER: But I only need this part and this part (pointing at the console lid and the back finisher panel)

So I punch in the info for the two parts he pointed out….$380 or so.

As I'm reading, my brain saw "So I punched him".

• Like 1