VIEW FROM BEHIND THE PARTS COUNTER

Alkorahil

We also had this little gem 'roll' on to the service drive this morning.....I will never know why people just keep on driving to someplace when they have a flat. It just does more damage.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x291/alkorahil/0117131712_zps83c255b8.jpg

Holy...lol...that's a racing slick...you drive over some bird droppings with that rubber and you will loose control. What did the other tires look like?

It really is sad to me.

No other way to describe it.

I hate people that are cheap on maintence, I know things are tough out there but it WILL coe back to bite you inthe butt and make things worse.

Ignorant of what their vehicle needs can be fixed, cheap cant.

For many people a car is no different than a cell phone, computer, TV or whatever that is expected to work for 3-5 years without question and then get dumped for the next version. Sometimes it doesn''t work out that way and suddenly the vehicle needs serious repairs. I have watched people do this and it is amazing...

B

A lot of people don't care as long as the radio works. I feel that safety inspections should be mandatory in all states and occur every six months at the least. I'm sick of people with one or no brake lights, stuck on brake lights, dead third brake lights, howling brakes, dead headlights, bald tires, the list goes on... I don't care if they don't care enough to get an oil change, as long as they don't endanger other people on the road.

• Like 1

I got a question for Alkorahil since he's in the service business.

How much does it take to service a GT-R and how often do you have to do service on one?

For example I heard it requires a transmission fluid replacement every 18,000 miles and it costs $2,000 to replace. I bet that brake rotor doesn't last too long either.

It will make your eyes pop.

Here is the MSRP on just the parts to do a brake job (by the book do-not resurface rotors-replace!):

40206-JF20A ROTOR-DISK, FRONT $1410.47 EACH

D1060-JF20C PAD KIT-DSK, FRONT $906.28 SET

D4060-JF20C PAD KIT-DSK, REAR $602.29 SET

43206-KJ10A ROTOR-DISK, REAR $1040.31 EACH

The Trans fluid mentioned is:

999MP-GTRT00P GTR R35 A $109.98 PER QUART (needs 10.25 quarts)

• Like 1

If I hit the lottery, a GT-R would be my first purchase.

When you do hit that lottery, make sure to call me I will hook you up!

LOL

Will do! I'll take you for a ride!

Actually have you ridden in one being you work at a dealership?

Will do! I'll take you for a ride!

Actually have you ridden in one being you work at a dealership?

Sat in them a few times. We are in a very affluent area, we have sold many of them (even traded other dealrs in other parts foteh country for them) and there are a lot around here considering how many are made.

We arent allowed to ride in them. Only the two GTR certified techs and the Service Manager can drive or move one around the parking lot. They get double parked in the parking lot as well and if they stay over night they are brought inside the shop.

We have lots of 'proceedures' and 'logs' for any GTR for liability reasons.

I have beat two off the line at stop lights though :lol: and raced one on a certain highway around here one afternoon awhile back. I let him 'win' whenmy radar detector went off. About 3 minutes later I passed him on the side of the highway with two state troopers...... :clap:

• Like 1

So the trans fluid replacement estimate I heard about wasn't too far off then...

How often do you have to replace the tires on it? I would imagine that would depend on the tire but performance tires aren't known for long life and low price either.

Anyone willing to buy a vehicle like that must definitely have a foundation with money to burn. At least if it's used as a daily driver. :lol:

So it's actually a 36,000 mile fluid replacement if you drive normally or 3,000 miles if you get it really hot. I don't see much in there regarding tires but from what I know performance tires typically last about 30,000 miles with normal driving. Thanks for the book.

Mobil1 0W-40 is an interesting oil choice. That would mean stronger shearing resistance and lower cranking temperatures.

So it's actually a 36,000 mile fluid replacement if you drive normally or 3,000 miles if you get it really hot. I don't see much in there regarding tires but from what I know performance tires typically last about 30,000 miles with normal driving. Thanks for the book.

Mobil1 0W-40 is an interesting oil choice. That would mean stronger shearing resistance and lower cranking temperatures.

Obviously all dependent on how you drive. I'd be disappointed if someone bought a GT-R and the tires lasted that long. When I had a mini truck I had 215/35/18 Pirellis, obviously nowhere near the size of GT-R, but high performance tires. They lasted about 15-20k with normal driving on a 4 cylinder truck. They were super sticky though. I promise if I owned a GT-R they would last about 10k miles.