Uhm? : I gave the engine a hose down today. and this is what i got...

Kyle94

so recently on a wheeling trip everytime i would go through a decent amount of water, my engine would start stumbling and the CEL would come on. so today i took the hose out and kind of misted/sprayed water to get it to act up again. it wouldnt repeat what happened wheeling, but it did this! wtf? :blink: also it is still possible that i have a bad injector, just trying to get the money to get one... :thumbsdown:

edit: well since i uploaded to facebook from my phone, i can't just post it here? so i linked it and made it public so anyone that clicks it can see it...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=356453367725131&notif_t=video_comment

Edited by Kyle94

Watched the vid... whatever is causing the noise is slowing the engine, then the computer reads a low idle and gooses it to keep from stalling.

Where are you spraying the water when it does this? And how deep were you fording when it triggered the CEL? I haven't any real idea of what's causing this, but that info should narrow it down for someone who does. My only thought is that it's something electrical (doesn't explain the noise).

my cap is new and.... i dunno. maybe ill go tighten it down some... it does sound (to me) like the engine is sucking more air than it should. but i cant really tell if its the intake or what.

oh yeah, waters were this deep, and there were only two majorly deep ones. the rest were nothing and it still acted up...

533413_3166082517269_1421605741_32760032_1424708726_n.jpg

there isnt many vac lines and i still have like a 4ft roll of vac line... maybe if i get bored ill replace them tomorrow or soon... :) ill check the intake pipe too. although it looks okay.

Just cause the cap is new don't mean it can get moisture in it, I like to pu a bead of silicone along the bottom of mine every time I pull it (even if I don't exactly get out and off the pavement like I woul like to, I still got a hole in the middle of my hood remember :lol: )

Definatly can't hurt to do some preventive maintnance of replacing vac lines, even if it ain't your "current" issue, you'll be solving some future ones for a good wHile by doing so. Just be patient and do them 1 at a time so you dont get jumbled

Replaced all the lines. Seems to maybe run better? Idle still seems rather low in gear... But no more stumble around 1.5k rpms that I can tell! :-)

i drove it as well. doesnt seem to have made a difference. but then again i have a fan clutch that stays on all the time from about 1/2 warm and up... sounds like a damn turbine... :/ so i cant really be for certain.

Edited by Kyle94

i wasnt sure where to put this, in my missing/stutter thread or here... so here it is

the truck seems to be doing different things now that it is starting to warm up for summer here. (i bought it in october... )

i went and started it after about an hour of sitting and i got this:

548547_358188367551631_100000814125250_937145_1797225722_n.jpg

Gave a few revs and i got his for my RPM's:

576484_358188647551603_100000814125250_937146_1446692784_n.jpg

Then i went for a quick drive to see if it would improve at all:

564568_358188884218246_100000814125250_937147_1995623849_n.jpg

low/ strange idle issue (irrelevant to THIS thread but i didnt want to make a new thread:

so now i cant help but be confused to hell... i sat there and stared at it for a few wondering what to do... replaced my vacuum lines, ALL of them. some were cracked. other looked fine but i replaced them anyway as they were all stiff. i unplug IAC (the thing on the post with a blue plug/...?) and it does nothing while the engine is running. plug it back in nothing changes... still idles a bit above the 500rpm mark in drive. still has the dip/spurge in the idle. runs fine otherwise. pulls decent throughout the powerband, climbs hills okay when my fan clutch isnt locked up... -_- i just dont understand what im missing! plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, maf cleaned, air box/cleaner is clean, everything that i can see/feel is tight and secure. when i got the truck, the idle screw was backed waaaaaaay out. so i turned it all the way back in as that is where it should be, correct? since the ecu controls idle speed? i read it somewhere, ill be damned if i can find it now! i even got bored and tire of standing around staring at the engine i tightened my valve cover gasket screws!! (the ones i could get to anyway) check the little piece of hose on top the engine that fuel passes through: tight, wiggled tps, iac, and maf connectors. im in the proccess of getting an injector. hopefully i can pay for it tomorrow... im running out of ideas/ ideas that have been given to me. as soon as that injector (#2) gets replaced, i......... don't know!

sorry for the book.. guess i frustrated... :deadhorse::thumbsdown::wacko::rant2::scratchhead::headwall::doh::shrug::wtf::ar15:

That last pic I say is fine for idling in drive. The first two are strange though.

When you gassed it did it rev right away or did it stagger and cug? Have you tryed too clean you injectors? I dont mean gas tank dumping them ethier, I mean really cleaning them.

If it cugged when you gassed it I will say MAF all day long.

Edited by nismothunder

it revs just fine. and no i havent cleaned them besides a gas tank additive. but i already know which one COULD be causing this problem. but it seemed more senor connector related to me... i dunno.

#2 Injector Btw

Last time i was having a problem with my rpm it was chugging on the 401, and turned out to be an 02 sensor. I dont really think that it the same issue you are having, but you never know.

When was the last time they were replaced?

since you went through mud and water. I home you checked your air filter. Me and a buddy of mine just went through mud, (not as deep as you) and he had mud all the way up to the butterflys in the intake. Mine had mud in the MAF. check and clean everything in your air intake path. I bet you will find mud everywhere.

we both suffered dead alternators for our mudding pleasures.

Good luck