never take your eyes off the road..

captandy

I'm not sure I believe that. When the Semi hit that vehicle, it shattered. Vehicles don't "shatter". Vehicles are made (mostly) of metal which bends and warps. That's not what a T-bone looks like.

Edited by 1994SEV6

I'm not sure I believe that. When the Semi hit that vehicle, it shattered. Vehicles don't "shatter". Vehicles are made (mostly) of metal which bends and warps. That's not what a T-bone looks like.

i think parts of them are fibreglass and the roof rack or fibreglass cap. that would shatter, especially below 0 deg C

Someone said that was an F150... didn't look like an F150 to me?

i think parts of them are fibreglass and the roof rack or fibreglass cap. that would shatter, especially below 0 deg C

yeah. that was definitely an SUV.

If you pause it perfectly when there is a piece of the black shrapnel in screen, it looks like it's kind of floating above the ground.

Edited by 1994SEV6

Dude, you're a retard. Obviously freezing conditions, and at minimum, 120mph impact speed.

The front of the 18 wheeler is made of plastics and fiberglass.

The semi is white..the truck/suv is black. BLACK shrapnel flies everywhere. I don't even see any white shrapnel. A truck doesn't explode like that. A vehicle crumples when in an impact.

Dude, you're a retard. Obviously freezing conditions, and at minimum, 120mph impact speed.

what? why are you insulting me? What does it being cold have to do with anything besides the snow on the ground? That doesn't change how fake the video is. The website that it's on isn't even real. It's just a single, floating page. "Number of views: 0"

120mph? what are you talking about? That semi was not going 120mph. But I bet you'll say "oh, well the semi was going 60mph, and the truck was going 60mph. so, 60+ 60= 120."

First of all, that's not how that works. Second of all, the truck was not hit head-on, it was going laterally. It was a complete T-bone.

Here's an example of what happens when someone hits something REALLY hard. Note: the truck is not "shattered"

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/mar/18/north-charleston-man-ar-3434581/

Yes, that is exactly what I would say, cause that's exactly how it works! You have a lot to learn. Doesn't matter if it was a t-bone, the truck was sliding on ice, and in most cases, when sliding on ice, you don't slow down, you generally pick UP speed. Do you happen to know the side crash rating of that particular vehicle? I'm sure that semi had a full load too, which, brings its weight up to 20-30,000 pounds. I have extremely high doubts that this video is fake, and I hope the driver of the SUV was killed on impact because this would be a horrible thing to live through.

Stop with the arguements. Thanks.

Things go flying when vehicles impact at that speed. It looks exactly as I expect, all the way to the cab hopping up (only place it can go) and hooking to the left setting up for a big, long jack knife. As I said in the PoHo where it was posted, that accident isn't over yet and I feel really bad for everyone involved.

B

The semi is white..the truck/suv is black. BLACK shrapnel flies everywhere. I don't even see any white shrapnel. A truck doesn't explode like that. A vehicle crumples when in an impact.

You apparently have never seen the Mythbusters Rocket Sled vs Car episode

Are you suggesting that the video is faked?

Sucks to be anyone in that black SUV. :(

Yeah I wasn't paying attention, looks more like a Blazer or similarly sized SUV

Edit: Nissan Navara I guess

Edited by pathfounder

Saw that over at Z31P a few days ago, horrible stuff. If anyone thinks that's fake you've got a serious brain malfunction going on. That's as real as it gets.

A little more info I found...

The accident took place on the М-7 road in the Petushinski District, Vladimirskaya Region in Russia on February 24, 2012.

Driver of Nissan Navara lost control of his vehicle on the slippery road and slid to the oncoming lane, right in the path of large freightliner. Upon impact, Nissan Navara got literally obliterated by the semi. The obliteration is actually much more severe than one would expect up until the moment of impact.

The uploader of the video learned that the name of the Nissan driver was Alexander. He died on the spot. Hid funeral was held on February 28 in Balashikha.

Very unfortunate...