Was told i need to buy a Jeep...hahaha

Phantom01Pathfinder

So the other day while i was at the fair grounds, I saw this lifted TJ. The owner told me about how he bought it and that it was a theft recovery and he got it for $8500. I do believe it was an '05. He said he has $14k in upgrades on it including suspension, wheels, tires, fenders, skids, tire carrier etc. He told me he takes it out to MOAB every so often. This guy had to be in his early 60's too. Some of this seemed far fetched but i just listened. He then asked what i got and i told him an '01 Nissan Pathfinder with a 2in lift, wheels, tires, magnaflow exhaust, k&n, missing link, and a front skid. He then proceeded to tell me i need to buy a Jeep :rofl: so that i can go to the Badlands in Attica to go offroad...I politely laughed (in my head) and said I was just there this July and my Pathfinder got me where i needed to go. :itsallgood:

Just thought i would share this story with everybody.

• Like 2

So the other day while i was at the fair grounds, I saw this lifted TJ. The owner told me about how he bought it and that it was a theft recovery and he got it for $8500. I do believe it was an '05. He said he has $14k in upgrades on it including suspension, wheels, tires, fenders, skids, tire carrier etc. He told me he takes it out to MOAB every so often. This guy had to be in his early 60's too. Some of this seemed far fetched but i just listened. He then asked what i got and i told him an '01 Nissan Pathfinder with a 2in lift, wheels, tires, magnaflow exhaust, k&n, missing link, and a front skid. He then proceeded to tell me i need to buy a Jeep :rofl: so that i can go to the Badlands in Attica to go offroad...I politely laughed (in my head) and said I was just there this July and my Pathfinder got me where i needed to go. :itsallgood:

Just thought i would share this story with everybody.

:rofl::clap: bravo for holding your own!

No, it's funny when people with Jeeps think they are king off the pavement.

90% of the ones around here are the "jeep thing" tools. OMG YOUR NOT WHEELING IN A JEEP, WELL WE DON'T WANT NOTHIN' TO DO WITH YA.

that's CA :rolleyes:

i did the jeep thing... i had my wrangler & mini me, then i got king, and kissed the jeep goodbye B)

Nah... the funny thing is when we prove them wrong. :D

I love that part..

I have quite a few friends that are jeep guys and a few that are yota guys. we all grew up together and wheel'n is wheel'n to us.

I have a friend that has a H233B in the rear of his wrangler and another friend with a cherokee that wants to do the same. They actually want to run the H233B front Diamond axle as well..

Some people get stuck in this 'I have a jeep so I'm better than you' mentality but at leat jeep clubs generally let anyone wheel with them. When i started Rugged Rocks all i did was wheel with jeep guys. Sadly I can't say the same for Land Rover clubs that I've come across.

Edited by SteeevO

I love that part..

I have quite a few friends that are jeep guys and a few that are yota guys. we all grew up together and wheel'n is wheel'n to us.

I have a friend that has a H233B in the rear of his wrangler and another friend with a cherokee that wants to do the same. They actually want to run the H233B front Diamond axle as well..

Some people get stuck in this 'I have a jeep so I'm better than you' mentality but at leat jeep clubs generally let anyone wheel with them. When i started Rugged Rocks all i did was wheel with jeep guys. Sadly I can't say the same for Land Rover clubs that I've come across.

Just remind them LRs were first built on jeep frames, that always p-sses them off :laugh: :laugh: Then p-ss off a jeep owner tell em it aint a jeep if it doesn't say Willys on the tailgate

Yeah I'm an x 69 cj5 owner and I miss it at times, but the pathy is sure a lot more comfortable to these ole bones :) :)

Jeeps are to offroading as Civics are to ricer tuners. Just because they are the most common, doesn't mean they are the only game in town.

Well put. Ill have to remember that next i get trash talked... :D

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder