KMA Winch Bumper

Well, after 10 months of constant touring (Ted Nugent, Dream Theater, Transatlantic, Iron Maiden Tour (w/ DT) & Avenged Sevenfold) I'm finally home to start getting some "Goodies" put on my 96 Pathfinder......

Here's the KMA "Wincher" Bumper which I order in Mid April and was delivered in Early June......There was a lot of complaints about turnaround time, but I think it was worth the wait.

IMG_0002.jpg

Before Stock Picture

DSC00818.jpg

After stripping away the PLASTIC!

e82a9b27.jpg

Had to do some trimming to get the bumper to properly fit & mount.

487802ff.jpg

Finally Installed!

Bumper1.jpg

photo-1-1.jpg

I'll be wiring the turn signal lights on today.....I have a FULL set of PIAA's to put up on the roof 4-Front & 2-Rear as well as some lights on the front of the bumper! And, Obviously a Winch (I got a WARN M8000)

IMG00144-20100930-1610.jpg

Other "Goodies" I have waiting to install.....Missing Link & Rocky Road SupperSliders (those will go on this week)

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same bumper as I got, ended up transferring it over to the xterra when I bought it.

I absolutly love it too, much better looking than an ARB

Only 3 months wait? That's not bad at all. Hopefully KMA has sorted out their supply issues, I think mine was 4-5 months, some people have waited even longer.

fleurys, here's my pics pre-install

DSCN1307.JPG

DSCN1311.JPG

and post install on the R50

DSC05313.JPG

and on the X

DSC08543.jpg

Edited by morpheus

It looks like you lost some approach angle (or it is the photo?).

Also, for lights, I highly recommend these...

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lighting-and-Lighting-Accessories/Hella-Optilux-4-Inch-HID-Driving-Lamp.aspx?t_c=14&t_s=448&t_pt=101014&t_pl=101945

Reason being, they are relatively small, only draw 35 watts and are VERY bright!! If I turn them on, there is little point in having the headlights or PIAA 510s on.

Yep, the draw is 3 amps as opposed to 7 amps for the 85 watt PIAA 520s and 4.5 amps for the 55 watt 510s. You have almost 50 amps worth of lights there; if you turn them all on your truck could stall... :D

Seriously though, the HIDs are very bright and generally broadcast the light so that things are illuminated well. I can't use them on the road, but you could cover your truck with 5 of them, 2 up front and one on each side and the rear.

B

It looks like you lost some approach angle (or it is the photo?).

Also, for lights, I highly recommend these...

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lighting-and-Lighting-Accessories/Hella-Optilux-4-Inch-HID-Driving-Lamp.aspx?t_c=14&t_s=448&t_pt=101014&t_pl=101945

Reason being, they are relatively small, only draw 35 watts and are VERY bright!! If I turn them on, there is little point in having the headlights or PIAA 510s on.

Yep, the draw is 3 amps as opposed to 7 amps for the 85 watt PIAA 520s and 4.5 amps for the 55 watt 510s. You have almost 50 amps worth of lights there; if you turn them all on your truck could stall... :D

Seriously though, the HIDs are very bright and generally broadcast the light so that things are illuminated well. I can't use them on the road, but you could cover your truck with 5 of them, 2 up front and one on each side and the rear.

B

I was considering getting a high output alternator (190amp) and/or a second battery set-up.

Also looks like it is almost 2" to far forward.

That's the way they designed it.. Makes for a perfect place to sit on the front of the truck!

So these things are only mounted up with 6 bolts? Thats all?

I thought the same thing, I welded mine onto the frame after bolting it in place. Guaranteed no movement.

looks sweet! doesn't look like KMA makes one for the 2G R50s or does this fit as well? not a bad price either.

It's on a different page: http://www.kenmtnac.com/WinPat9904.html

thanks for the link, morpheus. i don't know why or how i couldn't find that.

damn, that bumper looks so dope. how heavy are these bumpers? is it something that would need stiffer springs or will the stock springs and better shocks/struts be ok? i ask this because i don't plan on lifting my truck.

my reasoning for this bumper would mostly be because i always enjoyed having the stock steel bumpers on my old WD21. i don't really care that i've already put some scratches on my R50 bumper now, but having a steel bumper is always nice. :D

adam, aren't the ARB bumpers heavier than the KMAs? from the looks of it, it would appear to be. the KMA doesn't look as "heavy duty" as the ARB does, especially since i would be more interested in getting a winchless, basic bumper kind of like what morpheus has.

these bumpers definitely have piqued my interest, especially for the rear. getting a full bumper with a tow hitch attached sounds awesome to me! anyone know if the wiring is included, needs to be done, or if there's even a spot for it if my truck doesn't have a hitch yet?

sorry to threadjack, OfftourRoadie. your mods have definitely garnered some serious interest from me. haha.

adam, aren't the ARB bumpers heavier than the KMAs? from the looks of it, it would appear to be. the KMA doesn't look as "heavy duty" as the ARB does, especially since i would be more interested in getting a winchless, basic bumper kind of like what morpheus has.

these bumpers definitely have piqued my interest, especially for the rear. getting a full bumper with a tow hitch attached sounds awesome to me! anyone know if the wiring is included, needs to be done, or if there's even a spot for it if my truck doesn't have a hitch yet?

sorry to threadjack, OfftourRoadie. your mods have definitely garnered some serious interest from me. haha.

No worries, I don't know the weight of the ARB but the KMA is pretty Heavy (definitely a two man lift), I added a bunch of extra things like Grille & Light guards + Light bar to mount lights and even a CB antenna tab. I'm interested in the rear bumper as well, but I'm not sure I like the rear departure angle. Morpheus and Michigan Ave. were my biggest influences in getting my rig to this point......If you get a chance check out Michigan Ave.'s rig!!!!! My fav on NPORA!