Waazz up NPORA!

LucidPathy91

Just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I have been a wall flower ever since buying my new lil pathfinder. I bought her less then a month ago so still trying to get my "to do list" together. I just moved to FL and needed a second car, so went looking at the 2k price point or less. She caught my eye and I traded $1490 cash for her. Is she in peeeerrfect condition? Ha, no she's an abused 1991 XE with 190k miles.

Got the oil/trans/differential changed, new trans filter and gasket (old one was shredded!) and she is already shifting smoother. Right now she is sad and weeping a small amount of oil from somewhere. Going to try and find out where(ruled out the shelf that catches oil during oil change, good work board). Will trouble shoot oil pan/gasket, valve cover gasket, then I pray not the RMS! If I get the weeping to stop will tackle the timing belt/waterpump/thermostat/front seals/etc. Then on to the cooler job, plugs/distributor/rotor!

For now, little Pathy is getting the job done! Check her out:

My New 91 Pathy!

Dam that's a plain-janer! That things lucky it got seats and a steerig wheel! Red truck without rape-me-red interior, you got short changed!

Seriously though, make the t-belt higher up on the priority and a trans cooler is apparently a good idea for you automatic folk.

you call THAT abused? look pretty damn clean and shiney to me! lol. mines beat up.

nice looking rig though.Welcome. besides having to take the tranny out, my RMS wasnt that big of a PITA to change. (had the tranny out so swap in another.)

Howdy and welcome!! That looks pretty clean for being abused. I like the base models; if it had an external tire carrier, 5 speed and was a 94-95, I'd offer to buy it...

Will trouble shoot oil pan/gasket, valve cover gasket

Just tighten the screws/bolts first and nothing more. Snug tight with screws and 8-10 ft/lbs on the 10mm pan bolts IIRC.

Congrats and thanks for the intro. There are a few active members in Florida, perhaps there is one close to you. :shrug:

B

Red truck without rape-me-red interior, you got short changed!

LMFAO! I am really eager to get the t-belt done, but need the time, patience, and space to do it....no way am I paying 5 bills for the work. Just moved to FL and staying with fam in condo so space is a big issue for now.

besides having to take the tranny out, my RMS wasnt that big of a PITA to change. (had the tranny out so swap in another.)

I'm very sure I could get the seal changed, its the tranny in the way of the seal that makes me pray its something else (i have never taken one out before)

Ok, don't mean to offend but I'm a bling hater....

that chrome just has to go. Bye bye! especially the cheezy strips on the door edges...

Other than that, great looking pathy. welcome and enjoi.

Ok, don't mean to offend but I'm a bling hater....

that chrome just has to go. Bye bye! especially the cheezy strips on the door edges...

Other than that, great looking pathy. welcome and enjoi.

But I just finished putting that on last weekend...ha! Thought about taking it off, black weather strip is like 30 bucks. Do the door jams actually need the strip>?

Those door strips are just to protect from people/idiots opening the door too far and dinging a wall or another car.

I like the color matched bumpers, that's different!

Timing belt change is cake though! I did it in about 5 hours and that's with a bunch of standing around and bs'ing! Much better than paying 600+ to have some grease monkey do it!

Edited by silverton

I like me a little bling, but theres clean then theres tacky... honestly that DOES slip on the side of a little tacky. Fortunatly it should be an easy change for ya. There proably will be glue left behind when you peal the door trim stuff off, use some adheasive remover on that or just re-hide it with black if you like having those style moldings (they could be hiding a bunch of door ding nicks to begin with) as for the fenderwell trim... If its all scratched up and bothers you underneash them you could always opt for some factory flares :shrug:

When I got my '95, it had an oil leak. I bought it anyway, and as it turned out the oil pressure sender was leaking. ~ 10 bucks later, and with a 1,1/16 socket, I had'er done. Nice rig, you're gonna have fun! Welcome aboard!

Do the door jams actually need the strip>?

Not really... I think you can buy clear stuff if you really want it. Of course, if you like the bling, then go for it, it's your truck!

Nice clean interior on your pathy. Welcome!!

• 2 weeks later...

So I have traced one of the oil leaks to the driver side back valve cover gasket. I am going to replace both valve cover gaskets. While I am in there I figure I should also do the intake manifold gaskets and the PCV valve, am I missing anything else that should be done with this while I am in there?

So I have traced one of the oil leaks to the driver side back valve cover gasket. I am going to replace both valve cover gaskets. While I am in there I figure I should also do the intake manifold gaskets and the PCV valve, am I missing anything else that should be done with this while I am in there?

Just tighten the screws/bolts first and nothing more. Snug tight with screws and 8-10 ft/lbs on the 10mm pan bolts IIRC.

B

They are usually just shrunken and loose... ;)

They are usually just shrunken and loose... ;)

yep I actually cleaned all around and tighten all the bolts, then re-checked a week later and found oil comming from mainly the back and right side of the cover.