What other projects do you have?

Extreme90path

Just kind of wondering what everyone else has for "hobby" projects around here. Personally I have 1985 Audi 4000S Quattro that is undergoing a major engine swappage to an AAN 20vt 5cyl turbo. Going to be a big kick in the butt when it's all said and done. What do you guys have?

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

Kinda...but it doesnt have to be automotive,could be boats,vespa's,that giant boxed of used condoms in your closet that you collected since 1984...

I have a pair of 65 chev imps sitting at my parents house,pix's of one can be seen on my facebook...

I like working on computers and also I have been getting parts to make my 300zx na2t or just plain t witha holset hx35 turbo.

100_0610.jpg

100_0616.jpg

100_0619.jpg

since eplaced the shift boot with a nice new black leather one

100_0602.jpg

power coated z32 4pot brakes thee things are huge stock rims dont fit anymore

100_0604.jpg

test fit the rare turbo tail light and smoked lenses

100_0608.jpg

235990262_5ead785bfb.jpg

Edited by edicer2

That's a tough call, but I'm a bit biased :P Audi = <3

This picture is from a few months back, shows the fleet haha,

77' 1.6l Rabbit

90' 2.8l vr6 Jetta

04' 1.8t GTi

My kitty squeek helping me clean the jetta, gutted car = much better power to weight! :ph33r:

photo2xg.jpg

photo1m.jpg

nice cage! Wishi had one but they cost so damn much. Another project im working on is i just bought my first house so im in the process of redoing it. I also just got my htpc to finally work great on my tv that was a bitch.....had to buy a better vid card

Edited by edicer2

Love the Audi! Bag ass turbo! One day I want to go single turbo on my RX-7 with a Garret GT3071R turbo making about 380HP (although I could run the stocks in parellel and make that much, it would push the limits, even with 99 spec turbos, and I want a reliable setup)

I got a few. Like edicer2 I have a new house so i'm working on that. so far i ripped out all the carpet, discovered i had hardwood, so refinished that. Looks great. in process of ripping apart the bathroom for a complete re-do. I replaced countertops in kitchen.

Have a long distance project going also. 1993 Mazda RX-7 R1 CYM. Blown motor and wire harness caught on fire, so i'm slowlt getting new parts. Problem is car is in Hawaii with my dad and I'm in VA (I'm in the Coast Guard). Shipping company won't ship a non-running car (they already want 3200 to ship. Would cost $1500 more fromo another company to ship it non-running!!) GGRRRR!! So car hasn't ran in a few years. But the list of mods for that car is:

Custom made intakes

Turbo back exhaust with resonator instead of a cat (need a new muffler though, it melted!!)

Tokico 5 way shocks

Racing Beat springs

Hawk brake pads

Blitz Blow off valve (went through a few to get the right one)

Just got a Supra TT fuel pump to install when it runs again

18" Vertec wheels Kumho Ecsta tires (245/45 and 255/40)

Full sound system (pioneer speakers and amp and Eclipse deck)

Some gauges and a GReddy Turbo Timer

Jose

I am into a little bit of everything...I went to school for computers, and do some of that on the side. Build websites, and build/repair machines. I shoot a lot, mostly due to the job, but recreational is great...stress relief! I have built several vehicles, (my wife says everything I have ever owned that had wheels I jacked with.) LOL

And I am in the process of remodeling...

This picture shows a makeshift setup in the middle of a room that is about to be gutted...nice...

longday.jpg

I like working on computers and also I have been getting parts to make my 300zx na2t or just plain t witha holset hx35 turbo

edicer2 Love the Z man. Although I am partial to my Audi, a vg30 with an HX35 should be a freakin blast. The TD04/K26 I have posted above I am in the process of selling so I can pick Precision 5857 along with VEMS engine management.

One day I want to go single turbo on my RX-7 with a Garret GT3071R turbo making about 380HP

180sx, you should check out the 5857 before you make the jump for the 3071R. Quote from 034 Motorsports:

Rated conservatively for about 605 crank horsepower by Precision, early Evolution IX users are seeing as much as 650 WHP. This turbo offers power similar to a GT35R with the spool of a GT30R.

04' 1.8t GTi

TheDirtyFresh, don't you mean JTI :rolleyes: HAHA I kid. I have always loved jetta front ends on GTIs. Very nice man!

Let see some more!!!!! :fireworx:

Edited by Extreme90path

Me, well I'm fixing up my used to be daily driver.. bought it for $300 with it's hondamatic trans, already swapped it for a 5 speed trans off a second gen. and added some fiberglass bumpers It's a 1979 Honda Civic 1200

All that I need now are the rear shocks and finish restoring the body to paint it up, just dont know if I should leave it flat or put it shiny..

aaw6.jpg

aax6.jpg

It's got better headlights now, fully black projectors, new pics later on...

aay6.jpg

That is freakin sweet man! There is a yellow 70's CVCC down the road from me for 300 bucks. It also is an automatic. :tongue:

Mine was a good buy, has never given me any problems mechanically since i've bought it and i've had it for more than 2 yrs driving it every day so... they are good. So if you want to buy that one down your street.. :beer::itsallgood:

Mine was a good buy, has never given me any problems mechanically since i've bought it and i've had it for more than 2 yrs driving it every day so... they are good. So if you want to buy that one down your street.. :beer::itsallgood:

ahh and check if it's the 1300 or the 1500 cvcc.. the CVCCs came with really nice factory upgrades.

04' 1.8t GTi

Nice work on the frontend swap, I've contemplated doing the same to my gti, but haven't been able to find a jetta front end cheaply enough.

The past couple years I've been spending more working on bicycles. I've been restoring old ones and flipping them to fuel my habit. :)

I just rebuilt this 1984 Motobecane a few months ago. Its my road bike/summer commuter.

25514_1422765173516_1364326629_1166082_5166153_n.jpg

I built my cargo bike last summer.

6176_1213171373802_1364326629_603156_7995324_n.jpg

And I'm currently gathering parts for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBh4TnUYnwo&feature=PlayList&p=A6F961D5DFA044C4&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1

Of course once I find another pathfinder all that might get de-railed. :crossedwires:

• 4 weeks later...

bagged and bodydropped s10. rebuilt 2.2 (bored .60 over, performance head port and polished and camshaft), full tubular chassies from firewall back, 4 link rear end with bag on bar set up, fuel cell, impala interior and 383 stroker swap coming soon...

all work done myself

P1030512-1.jpg

P1030511-1-1.jpg

Edited by pathblazin420

bagged and bodydropped s10. rebuilt 2.2 (bored .60 over, performance head port and polished and camshaft), full tubular chassies from firewall back, 4 link rear end with bag on bar set up, fuel cell, impala interior and 383 stroker swap coming soon...

all work done myself

P1030512-1.jpg

P1030511-1-1.jpg

well you did a dang good job cuz it looks pretty good