what are "automatic hubs" ?

FUELER

You can do the same with manuals. Lock them before you hit the trail, leave the T-case in 2wd. When you need 4, engage it, and go.

You can do the same with manuals. Lock them before you hit the trail, leave the T-case in 2wd. When you need 4, engage it, and go.

Yeah, but I'm lazy. That still means getting out.

No, but really, as soon as I find a set of 4x4 HB hubs, I'm going to swap them out.

Also, slightly off topic, on ebay there are 'Rugged Rock' manual hubs, I can't remember if they are 150 shipped, or 150+shipping, would be a good deal if they are better than mile markers

Guys....somebody can let me know about some address, link site or supplier data about manual hubs to replace the automatics one in my Path 95 VG30E ?

I have a depot in FL and need some seller capable to ship them to there.

Thanks !!!

Un abrazo

JAD

Do you air down from the driver's seat? :tongue:

Touche good sir, touche.

BUT, i only air down when I go to wheeling spots, for a quick romp in the mud, i usually just leave the tires alone.

Guys....somebody can let me know about some address, link site or supplier data about manual hubs to replace the automatics one in my Path 95 VG30E ?

Thanks !!!

Un abrazo

JAD

There are heaps of them around

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/drive-train-manual-locking-hubs-c-165_312.html

Thanks !!!

Un abrazo

JAD

Do you not have some sort of automotive store in FL? I just went to Lordco up here, one of the major retailers, and just asked to buy a pair of Warn manual locking hubs for a '95 Pathfinder. They cost about $150, i paid the guy at the counter and had them installed with in the hour. I'm not sure about the trouble you are having in finding them.

As far as the autohubs versus manuals debate, I personally would go with nothing else but Warn, the auto's are useless to any hardcore offroad enthusiast, but for the occasional snow storm and camping trip the auto's are plenty tough. Also if you are stuck in 2wd and you engage 4wd the auto hubs should engage. If you do this, don't just floor it as soon as you engage 4wd, just give it a little gas and when the rear wheel starts to spin the front should be engaged within a few rotations and then fell free to give 'er. Gunning it off the start can cause damage.

With Manual hubs i just lock them as soon as i get into an offroading situation. Yes you have to get out and lock them, but if you are planning to go offroading you may as well do it from the get go so even if you feel the need to drive around in 2 wheel drive the 4wd is ready to go when you get stuck. I pretty much just put it in 4wd as soon as i leave pavement, no real reason not to.

If the auto hubs aren't working so good they might just need a servicing. This can be done yourself and will likely not even require new parts. Just disassemble the hub clean it up and re-grease it with automotive lithium grease. DO NOT PACK THE HUB FULL!!!! It only needs enough to keep all the parts happily moving.

Do you not have some sort of automotive store in FL? I just went to Lordco up here, one of the major retailers, and just asked to buy a pair of Warn manual locking hubs for a '95 Pathfinder. They cost about $150, i paid the guy at the counter and had them installed with in the hour. I'm not sure about the trouble you are having in finding them.

Daver , I´m in Argentina ....

All time I buy in USA and shipping to here some replacement parts and generally no have problems but in a couple of times I have difficulties with some models of hubs, because this I request data .

A precise data have a great value for me.

Thanks.

Now I will modify my profile to clarify my location... :blush:

Un abrazo

JAD

Edited by JAD

Daver , I´m in Argentina ....

All time I buy in USA and shipping to here some replacement parts and generally no have problems but in a couple of times I have difficulties with some models of hubs, because this I request data .

A precise data have a great value for me.

Thanks.

Now I will modify my profile to clarify my location... :blush:

Un abrazo

JAD

Try 4x4parts.com they are in Florida and can get Mile Marker, WARN and I think they can even get the OEM Nissan manuals.

I bought me a set of the MM hubs as well...have used Warn and MM both, Warn is great product but I think they like their stuff too much (spendy) and I know you get what you pay for, but I have had ZERO issues with the MM hubs I have used in the past, so I am hoping it is the same on my Pathfinder. We shall see...

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks DavefromOz and GrimGreg... !

I buy some parts in 4x4parts an all is OK.

My Path in Argentina receive a new sensors, Hubs, filters , and iddle arm kit.

Great masters!!! :aok:

Un abrazo

Jose Adolfo Diaz