Pathy Dead!

i am new to this forum. i need help i am racing my pathfinder this weekend and need to get it fixed asap. i went wheeling over the weekend with someone i just met, and he is a horrible wheeling copilot i had never been in this place before. have been with other friends and they tell you what happens going over rocks or into a mud hole etc.... anyways got it stuck front driver side tire got swallowed. it ended up stalling out but got it to start a dozen times and when i was being attemptedly pulled out it stalled again and tried to start it again and it just tried to turn over but couldnt, my dash lights started dimming, i turned it off and tried again and just clicked didnt even attempt to turn over. got it pulled out the next day. after 5- diffarent trucks already tried i got pulled out by a jacked F250.i turned to accesories that day and the lights on dash came on but once he got me out i had nothing. i turn the key and no dash lights come on. battery is fully juiced, i can trurn my eledtric fan on, all fuses are good. and an OBD2 wont read anything because i cant get power to it. is this a relay somewhere, or ignition saftey, ??? i do not know and i need to get it running.

this is the video link. if that doesnt work on youtube type in

pathfinder pulled out by jacked F250

and i am new i have raced my pathfinder before check out my other videos

You say you are going to race your truck? Okay...

Any water in the cab? Looks like it sat in the water pretty deep into the engine. Good chance it might have fried the computer. At the very least you likely killed the starter and alternator sitting in muddy water for that long.

Edited by Northernpathy

This dude is legit, he beats the living crap outta his pathy, probably harder than any other r50 driver in here. Here are some links to some of his videos on youtube. I reccommended this site to him cause he msg'd me on youtube asking me stuff and I didnt know the answer, I will wait for someone more knowlegeable to tune in LOL

He almost flips twice in this video

Woops, there goesmy bumper...

Sounds like you fried the alternator. But then you would still have the battery. so check the fuse box. Should be a few big fuses. One might be blown. That's all I got since I don't know much about the VQ. Cool to see a pathy taking this all on though!

Yeah there has to be some type of main fused link or the computer is shot. It looked like the headlights were full of water in the end so there would of been all types of electrical issues. Could something of gotten pulled loose from the pull out? Ground or something like that. Good luck, your balls are bigger than mine when it comes to wheelin

Ah okay, that type of racing. Cool. Thought he meant racing like on the blacktop. lol.

Well if he tried to start the truck a couple of times with the engine sitting in the water he definitely killed the alternator to start out with. Alternator sits at the bottom of the engine. He said he also left it sitting in there until the next day, so he might have water/mud in the engine.

He also said that he cannot get power to the OBD2 port. That is a very good sign of a fried computer.

Edited by Northernpathy

don't know anything about your problem but nice videos! good job tearing the bumper half off in that mud pit lol! good to see some pathys beating jeeps no matter the competition is too.

Sounds like you just toasted a fusible link of a large fuse near the battery. You are insane man! You definitely need a roll cage ASAP!

James

thank you all for liking my videos and those are the races coming up i need to get it up and running. would i be better off to bring to dealer and pay $90 for them to just tell me whats wrong?? because i need it it is also my daily driver. i have no extra vehicle right now. as for the roll cage thats on the list but dont know how to go about it, and like i say its my daily driver i cant have it down that long. maybe a rollbar above the 2 front seats in case it does flip. thank you all for the advice. will see what i can do and keep all informed.

I agree with Jamesrich, alternator and/or fusable link.

check the battery terminals as well, make sure they are tight and making good connection/no corrosion.

I agree with Jamesrich, alternator and/or fusable link.

check the battery terminals as well, make sure they are tight and making good connection/no corrosion.

my terminals were good and tight. all fuses were good! even after they pulled me out they tried to jump me but still same thing no lights come up on dash. and my electric fan that is hard wired to my battery then ran to switch i can turn on my electric fan. what about an ignition relay or something with ignition. i have brake lights, electric fan works, battery is fully juiced.. the last few times i turned the key and the dash lights came on they would immediatley start to dim along with clock and temp and compass dimming then would just shut off completly. then turn key back and then on again and lights came on and dimmed and went out. then finally there was nothing.

would i be better off to bring to dealer and pay $90 for them to just tell me whats wrong?? because i need it it is also my daily driver. i have no extra vehicle right now.

Wow. After watching that video, it looks like your electrical problems are going to be a small part of your overall repair bill. What a tragedy for you.

I hope your snorkel is fully functional and completely watertight. If not, it's possible that you sucked water into the intake and potentially hydrolocked the engine while attempting to crank it. If so, your MAF sensor is likely contaminated or damaged, too. And since you let it sit overnight, it's even more likely that water got into places it should not have, such as the front differential.

Since you can't crank the engine, it's unclear whether your alternator is damaged. If you've checked and double-checked ALL fuses under the dash and under the hood, and they're all OK, then I hope you have a wad of cash or a high credit limit handy. The symptom you described about the dash lights glowing dim when you turn the key indicates that you may have fried the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) and the security system computer, both of which are mounted under the dashboard, which appears to have been submerged.

A $90 dealer diagnostic fee is going to be a drop in the bucket for your repair costs. I'd guess you're looking at a minimum of $1000, probably much higher, in parts and labor to get your vehicle back to being a reliable daily driver. You may want to consider filing an insurance claim here.

Keep us posted on your progress! Good luck, dude.

Edited by XPLORx4

If all the fuses are good then there is likely bigger problems.

Bring it to the dealer. They can likely find the problem in no time where you could spend hours trying to find the problem(s) yourself. Might be something stupid too, but better to spend the money and be sure. That way you should be good for your trail run as well.

i'll hold my tongue for the most part. should this really be something you do to your daily driver if you have no backup vehicle?

I trust my pathfinder to do anything as long as i take care of my routine work every couple months. i bought it with 34K on it and it now has 125K and have raced it for a couple years now. i trust to drive it out of state long distances. 1st time i raced in ny i drove 4.5 hours there raced all day then drove back home 4.5 hours. people ask what happens if something breaks i say hey its nissan!lol.

talk to shop though about the problem they found a linkabe fuse bad and my starter was full of water. slap in new starter and fuse and it is good to go!!

R50s can take abuse! its proven.