Wheels, What Fits? Specs, And Other Info.

tmoore4512

Okay guys, so I have spent several days searching the site for information, and have come up with bits and pieces. Decided to start a thread specifically designed and orientated to the topic on hand.

Pathfinder wheel fitment, and the factory specifications etc.

I have been looking around for a set of black steel wheels to replace my LEGO's but have come up empty handed everywhere I go. Even the wheel and tire "experts" tell me I am SOL when I tell them its for a pathfinder.

Rumor has it, and some of the info I scratched up was that Chevrolet/GMC wheels will fit, and have similar backspacing, however the centers need to be machined out.

Also been told that Toyota wheels will bolt up and are similar, but again, the wheel shop guys do not have a listing for black steelies.

So the factory Pathfinder wheel is a 15x8 6x5.5 lug, 3.75 backspaced wheel, correct? (1995 XE 4X4)

Any insight on where to get a good deal on (5) five matching black steel wheels, or even a set of used ones...or a different vic that has the same pattern etc would be helpful.

Legos are 4.25" backspacing and are 15x7 I believe. I was running 15x8 4" backspacing with body lift and suspension lift with 33x12.50s. tires rub frame at full lock.

31x10.50s were stock tire size on legos.

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

Learn something new everyday. The tire "pro" told me they were 3.75 backspaced, and 8 inch wide. (Talking about the LEGO's.)

I am planning on sticking with the 31x10.50's, and prefer not to have rub.

Interesting...

I have been looking around for a set of black steel wheels to replace my LEGO's but have come up empty handed everywhere I go. Even the wheel and tire "experts" tell me I am SOL when I tell them its for a pathfinder.

DSC00891.jpg

So, you are after some of these? Plenty available here in good old NZ. Mine are 15x8 with -19 offset, most seem to go for the -24 offset. Just std 6 lug pattern.

Edited by kiwipete

LOL I don't know who these 'experts' are you are talking to, but I recommend you stop since they are idiots.

Here you go http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3975860/ with a $12 handling fee and hopefully no tax. I bought 5 last year delivered to my house for $212.

Everything else you stated is correct but I don't know the backspacing of the Legos.

B

• Like 1

Factory legos are 15x7. Those tire "experts" are idiots. The 6x5.5" lug pattern is the most common in production and are extremely easy to find. Nissan, Toyota, GM products, and some Fords use this pattern.

Edited by Kingman

Kiwi that is just down right wrong man...rubbin it in. Hahaha, but yea, seriously that is what I am looking for.

Precise, its the guys at Gateway Tire, (doesnt matter what store). These guys swore up and down yesterday that my LEGO's were 8 inches wide because a 31x10.50 WOULD NOT fit on a 7 inch wide wheel...LMAO.

Anyway, thanks for that link, I am going to place an order shortly...(freakin cheapest place I have seen!!) The guys above wanted 78 and change for a single wheel.

I have tried several different patterns:

Toyota tundra wheels (2005) fit nicely

GMC (2007) Sierra wheels fit the rear but not the front, (thats where the machining comes in.)

2006 Xterra tried 2 different sets, oddly ONE set fit, (My buddies wife has a 2006 built in the 5th month, and a friend of his has a 06 built in the 9th month.) The earlier wheels fit, but the later did not...smaller bolt pattern.

(2009) Titan wheels, tried one set, nope. Different pattern as well. (These were ugly 20 inch chromes, maybe that was the reason. haha)

My buddy has a used car lot...with a ton of different trucks, and different wheels...any suggestions to try?

Maybe that will help someone...

Precise, its the guys at Gateway Tire, (doesnt matter what store). These guys swore up and down yesterday that my LEGO's were 8 inches wide because a 31x10.50 WOULD NOT fit on a 7 inch wide wheel...LMAO.

Anyway, thanks for that link, I am going to place an order shortly...(freakin cheapest place I have seen!!) The guys above wanted 78 and change for a single wheel.

WOW!! :rolleyes: I have a set of BFG AT in 31x10.5" on the stock chromies (which are 6" wide), slightly pinched IMO, but I personally ran them over 25k miles without any trouble.

You are welcome and yeah, that's why I got them there. I ran into the same price difference from the local tire stores and did the shopping to find where to get them. :aok:

B

LOL I don't know who these 'experts' are you are talking to, but I recommend you stop since they are idiots.

Here you go http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3975860/ with a $12 handling fee and hopefully no tax. I bought 5 last year delivered to my house for $212.

Everything else you stated is correct but I don't know the backspacing of the Legos.

B

Holly crap... They want $214 for the wheels, then $332 extra to ship them to me. Then I'd probably have to pay duty etc.. when they came across the border.

The shipping is more than the wheels..... lol.

don't know if it's changed since my 87 Hardbody but factory back spacing on the Lego wheels should be 3 3/4", you said a titan wheel had a different bolt pattern? I looked that up the other day and from what I saw on tirerack.com the bolt pattern is the same, they have it as 6-139mm which is 6 on 5.5". The 6 on 5.5' bolt pattern is one of the most popular, older full size Chevy, Toyota, Mazda, Isuzu and many others all use this pattern.

here is a link to a chart I just found with all the vehicles that use the 6 on 5.5" bolt pattern, http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp?LugCount=6&StudSpreadInch=5.5&StudSpreadMM=

As big an any non SAS'd pathy can handle? You could run 33x12.5 on them, but for that width tire the ideal rim width is usually 9-10".

B

My rims are 15x8" and the tyres are 33x12.5. No problems there at all with fitting.

Holly crap... They want $214 for the wheels, then $332 extra to ship them to me. Then I'd probably have to pay duty etc.. when they came across the border.

The shipping is more than the wheels..... lol.

You are on the wrong side of the line, that is all. I had no shipping charge, just a handling fee of $12... :shrug:

My rims are 15x8" and the tyres are 33x12.5. No problems there at all with fitting.

You could run 33x12.5 on them, but for that width tire the ideal rim width is usually 9-10".

Never said they couldn't fit... What brand/model tire are they, I'll check for the recommended rim width... ;)

B

Not 100% sure what the pattern on the titan wheels was, but they were not factory so I cant advise. That summit racing price is wicked cool. Gunna have to wait till Friday....

My offroad tire are 33x12.5r15 tsl swampers on 15x8 rims with 3.75 backspacing. Here is a pic,PICT0226.jpgThey are over 34" tall on these rims though, Also should note they are original TSL's before they re did the caucuses to make more inline with other company's tire sizes with I think happened in 99.

Those tires are nice. I ran them on a SAS'd S10 a few years back. They lasted a long time, until a sharp rock ate a sidewall...the other three may still be in the shed...lol

What kind of lift do you have on your 1991? I know it will be somewhat different than on my 1995 but it looks high as crap.

12.50 tires are perfectly fine on a 8" wide wheel, they are usually installed on either 8" or 10" wide wheels, I've also seen them mounted on 12's but the sidewalls get pulled out to far; a few pics:

this is a 35/ 12.50 on a 15 x 8 centerline with 5" back spacing to keep the tire under the wheel well, normal 15 x 8 would have a 3" backspacing and would stick out further

v7ehsn.jpg

this is a 33/12.50 on a 15 x 10,

2liiyrs.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy

• 1 month later...

Okay...FINALLY summit got the soft 8's back in stock, so I have 5 headed my way...now to find some tires...

Been surfing craigslist, and a few other local places, but have had no promising prospects...(say that 5 times fast)

Body lift is on the way as well, and I plan on attempting to run 33's, wether it is the 33x10.5 15 from BFG, or a 12.5 wide tire from any other vendor, we will see. The wheels are 4 inch backspaced so turning radius may cause an issue...

With the SL and the BL they should, SHOULD clear...maybe minor fender trimming is in order...

They still sell your exact tire, they just call the "odd" sizes LTBs.

Actually the LTBs are designed based on the TSL, but more aggressive. its true that they offer sizes not offered in the TSL. i really wanted a set.. still do.

Super-Swamper-LTB-new.jpg

Manufacturers description of this tire: The Super Swamper LTBs are in the same basic Three Stage Lug design as the famous Super Swamper TSL's but a little more aggressive. The large lug is offset more to the outside which gives the tire superb traction. It is in bias ply construction which allows for the more aggressive lugs and very strong sidewalls to better resist the rigors of hard off-roading. The bias construction reduces the chances of sidewall splitting when run off road at low air pressure. There are seven sizes available….sizes which are not available in the regular TSL line.

and a review: If you like the Super Swamper TSL (TSL = Three Stage Lug) then you'll love Interco's bias ply Super Swamper LTB. Think of the LTB as the second generation TSL with more aggressive features added to the TSL design. One such feature improvement is an increased offset towards the outside of the tire width on the largest lug of the Three Stage Lug design. This helps to create added grip in mud or to reach further out for better grip in rocks. Another added feature is a re-design inner lugs with a stepped design allowing better release of mud. The center lugs also have a tread design pattern modification over the Super Swamper TSL that give the lugs leading edges a zigzag pattern for better grip on rocks. With sidewall plys either 6 or 8 (depending on size), this tire is extremely durable in all types of terrain.