AC's 1" BJ spacers cause UCA damage

88pathoffroad

Warning...don't use AC's 1" balljoint spacers. They'll damage your upper control arms if you offroad your HB or Pathy at all. This is a picture of my passenger's side UCA after discovering that one tire was leaning inwards while the other was still straight. Note the torn bushing on the left side.

bentuca.jpg

New UCA on bottom, with my bent one on top. My Pathy was not dropped off a cliff, involved in an accident, put in a ditch or anything like that, I simply drove it on and offroad for about three months and this is the result. The opposite side UCA was also tweaked, but not as badly as this one. Les, whom I bought these spacers from, had the same thing happen to him...only worse. We're both lucky an accident didn't result from the use of these parts and their resulting effect on the suspension.

dsc01070.jpg

dsc01071.jpg

Guest JohnSavage

Well, this sucks. I JUST put these on this weekend. So, now what? Just crank the torsion bars up and be satisfied with bad alignment? Of course, I know that I could spend even MORE money for the lifting A arms, huh? Any other, cheaper ideas?

I can't publicly post on the AC forum anymore without being threatened with legal action, so I just posted this on every other Nissan forum and we'll let everyone read about it that way. The junkyard UCA's only cost me $10 each and about a half-hour to swap them out per side, so I'm not out all that much. I think they'd deny culpability anyway, you'd have to take them to court to get anything out of them in damages.

In other news, anyone want to buy a set of AC 1" BJ spacers cheap? ;)

I can't publicly post on the AC forum anymore without being threatened with legal action, so I just posted this on every other

In other news, anyone want to buy a set of AC 1" BJ spacers cheap? ;)

Man I missed out on all this sounds like it would of been kinda interesting :)

You know all's I get is american T.V and there is alot of vulchers out there that would do this P... and just want half or something lol :D

:beer:

That's Les's HB pickup steering system. Custom centerlink with Heim joint TRE's. It was made by XTC from the AC BBS.

Runnerman: sure, post whatever you like. It's your arse if they decide to delete your post and ban you for talking about it. ;)

That's great and f'd up at the same time. I was thinking about finally installing some of their stuff like ball joint spacers, even though its common knowledge that they have inferior parts. Thanks again a million times over. Sorry to say, but F!!! them! They were absolutely worthless after my purchase on the install and such of my HD Tbars, and could't really care less about me as a customer at all when I called them for a little help. So F*@k them if they are going to get all high and mighty about their P.O.S. cr@p components. Here comes the junkyard.

BTW, Mr. Tom Path, I do believe that, being the most knowledgable here, you'd have quite the market if you ever decided to go into business yourself. And I could, in the interest of all those behind me, volunteer to try out your trick isht. Hook it up, my man. :)

I was considering some of AC's parts because of price, but I definitely will only get CALMINI suspension parts to put on my pathy. I have never heard of anyone complain or have this kind of stuff happen with their parts. I guess thats why they are more expensive. sssh

Yes, please. The only way I'm buying AC parts is used, heh. That way I can throw them away later cause I know they were cheap and used and not worth much. PM me or email me about it and I'll get right back with ya on the money, etc.

From looking at your bent a arms 88/ Wondering if welding gussets making them really solid would solve the problem? I am going to get an extra set from the wreckers and see but i wanted the 3 inch lifty ones?

So i guess AC is out for me/ Whats the next best thing the calmini ones? And do calmini sell just the A arm 3 inch lift in front. Dayum i was gonna do the lift this week coming up/ got the GJC speings GRrrrrrrrrrr :mellow:

WOW man i just noted the crack on the upper a arm...... That is really freaking scarey.

But still wonder what reinforcing a set of them a arms underneath with heavy plate and restrengthning them in all the weak areas would do? What else would bust apart in place of the weak line of links?

Well the more i look at the gear the work and the crap i am seeing about IFS...

i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS i hate IFS

Its true. IFS sucks I cannot lay time and effort into IFS lift on the front to have it blow apart when driving causing more damage. I am just gonna search the SAS suspension and do it and if i cannot find the SAS within an alloted time frame. I thinki may sell the 87 Pathfinder i gotz and just get a mid sized jimmy that has the sas leaf action. I hate to do this but the Pathfinder has been an experience for me. I love the body look but hate the IFS/ V6 engine and thats about it.

Those are 2 of the hardest things to deal with. Possibly may keep the 87 and just shove it in a shop and do a rip to the frame redo to what i really want.

Who knows 88 you got me rethinking everything again :blink::wacko: -thnkboutit-

• 9 months later...

if your looking for some pretty good and a good priced UCA's.. check out roughcountry.com, they sell em for the HB, but they are the same for the same years as the pathy. If you order some, just dont tell em they are for a pathy or they wont warranty them. i think i paid 135 bucks shipped to canada, and they showed up in record time. I wish i could remember who makes em, but i cant think right now?

That's Les's HB pickup steering system. Custom centerlink with Heim joint TRE's. It was made by XTC from the AC BBS.

TRE's to the XTC to the AC... what the!????? :confused:

Edited by Slick

if your looking for some pretty good and a good priced UCA's.. check out roughcountry.com, they sell em for the HB, but they are the same for the same years as the pathy. If you order some, just dont tell em they are for a pathy or they wont warranty them. i think i paid 135 bucks shipped to canada, and they showed up in record time. I wish i could remember who makes em, but i cant think right now?

iirc, that would be Superlift... or at least, they are the same as SL's units (if another company produces them for SL)

• 1 year later...