95 Pathfiner V6 Dual Tuner Exhaust... Good Idea?

I have a 1995 Pathfiner and put a Flowmaster exhaust system on it but i was thinking about putting dual tuner exhausts like the ones you see on civics and skylines and such.. good idea? or no?.. my only worry is it might not work so great off-road

how much for the current flowmaster?

True duals? I can see putting 2" duals on a street only pathfinder or a 3.3 swap. But not larger than 2" and not for trail on the 3.0. THat is strictly my point of view But I belive it to be the best.

dual exits from a y or muffler yeh that would be kool, on or off road with 2-2.25" pipe

the problem with "Tuner exhaust" is that if you can't create enough exhuast veloctiy (not to be confused with noise) to fill a larger pipe it will actually slow you down. again, I belive this very strongly.

have fun

I have a question on your current duels. Where do your pipes exit? I would like to run duels out the back but it doesn't look like there is enough room around the panhard frame bracket to pass a pipe there.

James

why not run duals on an offroad pathy? would it be possible with a slightly smaller pipe? 1.75? just curious why one would keep the 2 inch pipe if you were seperating the pipes into duals. i like the dual tips though.

A stock pipe is like 1.75,I have a glass pack with 2 inch pipe from the cat back and it sounded like a tuner car(no fart can,more like...I dont know what but it sounded good and if I let off the gas and coasted it would pop like glass packs do)

A true duel off road would get in the way unless you had them exit before the back tires,the would also a hassle to install since the rear axle and stuff are in the way.

Theres a video on Youtube of a 3.0 hard body with a glass pack,it sounded like that...

Edited by nismothunder

stock pipe is 1.875. and most exhuast shops are set up for 2"-3" so thats why you wouldn't go smaller for duals. I just think these engines are happiest with a single pipe setup or maybe a dual exit but not true dual unless you do allot of work to them.

stock pipe is 1.875. and most exhuast shops are set up for 2"-3" so thats why you wouldn't go smaller for duals. I just think these engines are happiest with a single pipe setup or maybe a dual exit but not true dual unless you do allot of work to them.

Thats how it worked out on my Titan too. No bigger than 2 1/4 pipe into 1 3" pipe seems to be the best setup. I like two pipes out the back and also I have a bolt broken on my Y pipe and don't feel like trying to drill it out. Would be much easier to just cut it off.

James

True duels do have there merits,if you have a miss you can tell what bank itson,my ol' muddy had true duel and flowmasters(not the loud ones) and a vacuum line came off the tranny and leaned out one cylinder so badly it sounded like it was knocking.

On a 8 cylinder(because of the displacement you'd notice a bump in hp,but unless the 6 has a lot of mods on it I dont think its worth the time to do true duels all the way back...

Properly built single exhaust makes more power than dual regardless of application. Single exhaust has less pulsing so the flow is smoother and exhaust extraction is improved. IMHO, V6s sound horrible with dual exhaust. It sounds like two Chevy Sprints drag racing side by side... :thumbsdown:

• 3 months later...

Like already said, "DUAL" exhausts are better for a V-8 or highly modified V-6's. With the little amount of power that the 3.0 puts out, or even the 3.3 for that matter, just a 2" with a high flow cat, headers, and a reputable muffler...i.e. flowmaster, magnaflow, borla, etc...I think it would perform better. As already stated, you need to maximize flow, not sound to gain power. You could put a 3" pipe on there and it would sound cool, but perform like crap. So just remember, bigger doesn't always mean better, it is how you use it! LOL!

I am about to have to replace all of my exhaust as well...(its still factory, and finally wore out.)

Where I live there is no smog law, so I am either going to gut my cat or get a good quality high flow. Trying to find a video or sound clip of a path with a 40 or 60 series Flowmaster, youtube isnt producing much of anything.

Does anyone know what the dang small cat looking thing is BEFORE the actual cat on the MOTOR side of the exhaust?

on my old D21 with the V6 I ran 2.25" stainless pipe with a borla SS muffler it sounded really good, I finished it off with a borla intercooled square tip, before the borla muffler I ran a flowmaster but it was when flowmaster first came out and the muffler cracked, in between I experimented with a super trapp muffler but it was a pain as the bolts for the plates would seize up.