Question..

sammyb33

Not sure where exactly I should be posting this, and the off topic section seemed the best option.

I am contemplating selling my ARB Winch bumper off of my pathfinder. Reason I am selling is if i wanted to keep it on the pathfinder it would have to be modified around my front spring hanger. That was my original plan. But all in all, I would never be able to sell it again if I modified it. I also own a 95 hardbody, but seeing as the hardbody came with either taller body pucks or different body mounts themselves compared to a pathfinder, it basically has a 2 inch body lift from the factory. Again, it would have to be modified.

Also on a side note, anyone looking to get a winch bumper (arb) and already have a 2 inch body lift, order an ARB for a hardbody and it will be already modified to fit your BL. Even if you have a 3 inch, just a one inch difference wouldnt even look that bad.

So back to my dilema, I am not sure what to do. I really like the ARB because it is one of the only bumpers available that is DOT approved. If i modify it (even on the hardbody) it will no longer be DOT approved. So I am thinking I should sell it.

What do you guys think?!?!?

Are you in a position that you "must" have a DOT approved bumper?

Assuming not, then you could sell it with the intent to make back enough to have a custom bumper built, or at least get enough for the materials or labor to do so.

Another option might be to put it out for trade, maybe someone has something that would suit your needs better, and they would rather have an ARB... or they can build you something in exchange for your ARB.

OK, no i am not in a position to need a DOT approved bumper. I enjoy the fact that if i hit someone and do damage with my winch bumper I can not be pursued for endangerment and possibly manslaughter because of an illegal modification to my vehicle. That was just the reason for me searching out an ARB.

Yes Red my intent of selling would be so I could purchase something else to better suit my needs. I can have a tube bumper made locally by a friend of mine that owes me some favors. I just dont know if keeping the ARB and moding it is worth it in the long run. Or if the cash I could make off of the sale would be worth it... Just frustrating because I LOVE how the ARB looks on the d21 line of nissans, but getting the money sure would be nice right now, it would speed the process of the SAS up very much.....

Is your tube bumper gonna be DOT approved? I'd honestly just mod the ARB but wouldn't mind seeing it leaning against my front door either.

note, I don't know the exact way an ARB mounts but if it goes by the Bumper bracket mounts @ the frame, d21 and wd21 a a little different. The bolts are different distance from each other. I found out when switching bumpers off my HB onto my Pathfinder.

no, the ARB mounts the same way on pathfinders and hardbodies.

My new bumper for my pathfinder will not be DOT approved, but I will not be driving it on the street much. I was hoping to put the ARB on my hardbody, which is my DD.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You ever decide what your gonnna do with it? There is some inte4rest here depanding on what your gonna do with it...

There is lots of interest. lol.

So if you modify a bumper, or have a custom one built it would technically be considered "illegal" modification of the vehicle?

And that could lead to manslaughter charges in a collision?

There is lots of interest. lol.

So if you modify a bumper, or have a custom one built it would technically be considered "illegal" modification of the vehicle?

And that could lead to manslaughter charges in a collision?

If modding your bumper is illegal in your state y'all must not be able to purchase a buck stop bumper. They are designed to mow down living bodies without damaging the vehicle! Lol!

James