Dust boots for torsion bars

JamesRich

Hey guys I'm ordering suspension bushings and cant find the dust boots for the torsion bars. I will have to take them off so I would rather go back with new ones. I searched the forums and a couple of parts websites but didn't find them. Is this a dealer only item?

James

I had search though 4X4 parts and couldn't find them. I searched again this morning and found them though. I need to slow down I'm always in too much of a hurry.

Come on Red the king of search! I thought you would have come back with at least three different links!

Thanks guys

James

Skip the middle man, I just forward them to Precise1 anyway ;)

There's not much to search (pick up the phone book and look up "Nissan").. there what? $10 (+ S$H ?) for two at 4x4parts or $4.91 each at the dealer (price came from a local dealer that usually falls between in the mid range on price for area dealers around here.

That good enough? P...

:D

I ordered from 4X4 parts, they are already on their way. The problem with the local dealer in my area is that they suck! They don't stock much either. I vowed to never buy another Nissan because of them. Then I bought this pathfinder, oh well I guess I lied. They never have anything for my wifes 01 quest so I knew they wouldn't have had anything for this old pathfinder. And if I have to order it I will order it from someone cheaper. They charged me $16 for an oil filter once!

James

They charged me $16 for an oil filter once!

James

Thats nothing, dealer here wanted $116 for valve cover bolts. I went to the junkyard and picked up full set plus 50 other nuts and bolts for less than $5. I don't know why dealerships even exist,I mean other than people who have brand new Nissans who goes there?

I ordered from 4X4 parts, they are already on their way. The problem with the local dealer in my area is that they suck! They don't stock much either. I vowed to never buy another Nissan because of them. Then I bought this pathfinder, oh well I guess I lied. They never have anything for my wifes 01 quest so I knew they wouldn't have had anything for this old pathfinder. And if I have to order it I will order it from someone cheaper. They charged me $16 for an oil filter once!

James

Deal with Alkorahil (Rob Lacy) who runs an online dealership parts source. Good prices and a great guy to work with, not too far from you either, he's in Texas.

Check out his contact info in the Classified/Services section... ;)

B

Oh, tell him that you are from NPORA

Edited by Precise1

I work at the dealer and verified that 54033-31G00 is the correct part number, MSRP on them is $4.38 each. Don't kill me for plugging my work(not here for that) but our site nissaparts2u.com has them for $3.50 each.

No worries, you are doing it for the good of Nissan owners, not for the profit of the dealership... ;)

Besides, you are still 29 cents off. :D

Seriously, multiple sources are good. Depending on the item, shipping might make more of a difference than the costs. It's all good and were all friends here...

B

No worries, you are doing it for the good of Nissan owners, not for the profit of the dealership... ;)

Besides, you are still 29 cents off. :D

Seriously, multiple sources are good. Depending on the item, shipping might make more of a difference than the costs. It's all good and were all friends here...

B

Main reason I know this, is because I bought them so I could install them when i reclock the torsions, replace tension bushings and front LCA bushings. BTW do these boots even do anything?

Main reason I know this, is because I bought them so I could install them when i reclock the torsions, replace tension bushings and front LCA bushings. BTW do these boots even do anything?

Thats what I'm about to do, strip it to the frame and come back with all new parts. When you pull your dust boot back you will see what they do. When you are wheelin you don't want poo getting in the splines. You know everything sticks to grease when you don't want it to.

James

Thats what I'm about to do, strip it to the frame and come back with all new parts. When you pull your dust boot back you will see what they do. When you are wheelin you don't want poo getting in the splines. You know everything sticks to grease when you don't want it to.

James

what boots? mine are all toast!