• It's ok
    • Don't like or dislike it
    • Dislike it
    • Are you insane... It's the tackiest thing ever
    • I'd like it if it was bigger
    • I'd like it if it was smaller
    • I'd like it if it said "PATHFINDER"

Ok so I'm in the process of developing a new prototype project. :crossedwires:

So I have this idea to have a sidemarker made in the shape of the nissan logo.

I am still working on developing this idea so since I am a very visual person I took a badge I had jus laying round and thought I'd tape it to various locations to see what it would look like and where it would fit best.

Im pretty set one the logo shape but I'm not sure bout the size or if I should replace the Nissan name with something else.

Well out of all the spots I'm really feeling this one so I setup a poll but I'm also open to suggestions and comments. :coffee!:

PC050583.jpg

PC050586.jpg

PC050587.jpg

Edited by N2mesnob

when I hear side marker I think of a light mounted on the side of the vehcle to give a visual reference point of clearance.

I'm not too crazy about your side emblem but hey, do what makes you happy.

when I hear side marker I think of a light mounted on the side of the vehcle to give a visual reference point of clearance.

I'm not too crazy about your side emblem but hey, do what makes you happy.

The plan is to get to the point of a light in the shape of the logo but I think to start I need to figure out the size first.

So even if I wasn't planning on lighting it I take it you're not a fan of the Harley Davidson Ford pickup trucks or is it just the word "sidemaker" that throws you off?

Edited by N2mesnob

Thats actually what I thought it was in the first pic, a harley logo and not I don't like them harley edition trucks.

I'm ok with regular side marker lights as long as they are not obnoxous looking and they are quite usefull when parking in dark areas. Evenutally I am goint to embed some real sublte side markers (flush mount leds) in the buge of the fender and hide them in the bodyline.

I think it's too big. The positive about the Harley trucks is it's that size logo on a full-size truck. The Hardbody is a minitruck, so the pathfinder of the time I suppose would be as well. the logo there just looks excessively big.

Not my flavor(and no I don't like the Harly F-series trucks, reaching too hard for money from a different niche) and maby a little smaller would fit better. Say the badges off a early 90's Altima hub cap? (I know they come off and are at the longest point across where it sais Nissan is abou tthe size of a bic lighter... have one on my computer stand)

Not my flavor(and no I don't like the Harly F-series trucks, reaching too hard for money from a different niche) and maby a little smaller would fit better. Say the badges off a early 90's Altima hub cap? (I know they come off and are at the longest point across where it sais Nissan is abou tthe size of a bic lighter... have one on my computer stand)

Yeah. I dunno about an actual logo though. Maybe a small sticker that blends in with the striping like some automakers do wouldn't be bad.

I don't like the F-Series harleys either.

What do yall think bout the BMW Z4 and the 350Z they are the culprits that also contributed to this idea :stickwack:

Maybe if it was something other than a nissan badge??? Maybe if it said Pathfinder, Nike, or NPORA ??? :puterpunch::rofl:

In all seriousness I do want ppl to continue to take the poll, ask questions and offer constructive criticism.

Yeah. I dunno about an actual logo though. Maybe a small sticker that blends in with the striping like some automakers do wouldn't be bad.

I don't like the F-Series harleys either.

The LE pathfinders have that.

What do yall think bout the BMW Z4 and the 350Z they are the culprits that also contributed to this idea :stickwack:

Maybe if it was something other than a nissan badge??? Maybe if it said Pathfinder, Nike, or NPORA ??? :puterpunch::rofl:

In all seriousness I do want ppl to continue to take the poll, ask questions and offer constructive criticism.

I like it. And the avatar is awesome. To hell with the gray area.

I don't like it as it is. If it was integrated into the pin striping then it would be alright, but as an emblem I think it's pretty foul.

Right now this is jus a mock-up but my hope is to get to the point where it lights up and blinks with the turn signals like on the BMW Z4.

Since i've never done this before i foresee the hard part for me is to run the wires for the light and to do what i want without fring my electrical system. :crossedwires:

Is it the Nissan logo you dislike cuz my original thought was to get some badges made that was the same shape but said NISMO or PATHFINDER instead?

Harley Edition South Park style VROOM VROOM VROOM

Have a buddy that talks like this...

Hi Hows it... Jeep... Jeep... Harley... going? I'm doing... Jeep Harley Jeep... Good; been Harley Jeeeeeeep... tightening bolts... Jeep Harley... alot

Gets real annoying; and living in Milwaukee I can truthfully say loud bikes are for ****... South Park got the F.. word right Fo' Sho' Yo!

Nothing like a 50 pound dude in leather pretending to be tough on his loud bike at midnight (every 5 minutes here, reason I did the bumpers in 5/16" with a blade edge) :jacked:

I'm a 4 wheel drive 1%er :new576:

If you like the badge; thats all that matters; I also thought it was a side marker light :coffee!:

And nope Ford anything edition will have low respect here; But won't Bash Ford as they didn't take our tax $ aka government cash.

:wiggle:

i personally think it looks big and tacky. They are a good idea though, because i notice lots of people like to sit in my blind spot where it's difficult to see them because of height of my truck. The Terranos come with them from the factory but they are over the little channel that runs along the body. I put mine just under that line and a bit on the side of the fender bulge. That way they will be slightly aimed at my blind spot and very visible.

Side marker lights are quite easy to wire up to make them blink with your turn signal and stay on when your running and headlights are turned on. All you need to do is splice the one marker wire into the 12v lead for the parking lights, and splice the other marker wire into the 12v lead for your turn signal. Now your side lamp will stay off when your parking and headlights are off, turn on when you turn your parking and headlights on, and it will also blink opposite of your front turn signals regardless if the parking and headlights are on or off.

Edited by nige

i personally think it looks big and tacky. They are a good idea though, because i notice lots of people like to sit in my blind spot where it's difficult to see them because of height of my truck. The Terranos come with them from the factory but they are over the little channel that runs along the body. I put mine just under that line and a bit on the side of the fender bulge. That way they will be slightly aimed at my blind spot and very visible.

Side marker lights are quite easy to wire up to make them blink with your turn signal and stay on when your running and headlights are turned on. All you need to do is splice the one marker wire into the 12v lead for the parking lights, and splice the other marker wire into the 12v lead for your turn signal. Now your side lamp will stay off when your parking and headlights are off, turn on when you turn your parking and headlights on, and it will also blink opposite of your front turn signals regardless if the parking and headlights are on or off.

Thanks Nige

I know lot of ppl aren't feeling me on this but I'm a creative person, a Nissan fan, and my baby is my creative outlet.

I'm trying not to be as tacky as stick-on vents that don't vent, so I've been working on my idea alil more and I think the plan is to put a acrylic backing on the badge and light up the acrylic from behind using LEDs.

Doing as you suggested do you know if I could still do it using an LED setup?

Edited by N2mesnob

i think the location you have is directly over the inside part of the fender that bolts to the inner fender/firewall. if you could get the sidemarker light as small as the VW side markers it would be ok. anything over that would be tacky. but you can do what ever you want, its your rig.