New Member - Hi To All !

sencaw

Hi everyone! My name is Jeff, from Clayton, NC. I just bought a 1987 Nissan Pathfinder and found link to this site while looking for some parts (side mirrors and alternator) Looks like a real nice place and I hope to be able to integrate into this place with minimal displacement... I have no idea what model I have but here are some pics if that helps.

pf1.jpg

pf2.jpg

pf3.jpg

pf4.jpg

pf5.jpg

It is really clean on the inside and runs very well. Mileage is 228000.

I am the second owner.

Sick 2 door, ahh the good old TBI motor that pathfinder is in mint shape and welcome to the forums

few things if u like the seats out fo the newer pathfinders there direct bolt ons, and whats with the red?

Edited by Nismojunky

Sick 2 door, ahh the good old TBI motor that pathfinder is in mint shape and welcome to the forums

few things if u like the seats out fo the newer pathfinders there direct bolt ons, and whats with the red?

LOL - I have no idear on wth is up with da red.... I guess the previous owner must have been on meth or something and thought "Hey, Ya know what would be sweet?" whilst shaking a can of krylon fire engine touch up...

I will be rectifying that situation asap!

I got some feelers out here on the boards for ppl parting out their 87's, I need a few things...

I need a new alternator or used... what models can I take one from that will match up?

'87-'95 alternators will work. '90-'95 is a 78 amp alternator rather than the '60 amp alternator used in the '87-'89, so it's best to get an alternator from the later years. Early '90s Maxima SOHC alternators will work as well with minor modification and they are a 90 amp alternator. Nissan Quest/Mercury Villager alternators work as well but I believe more modification is necessary to make them fit and they are a 110 amp alternator. Mean Green makes a 180 amp alternator for these that's a direct bolt on.

LOL - I have no idear on wth is up with da red.... I guess the previous owner must have been on meth or something and thought "Hey, Ya know what would be sweet?" whilst shaking a can of krylon fire engine touch up...

*snort*

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have to ask something regarding my alternator. The voltage meter from the instrument panel shakes between 11 and 14 volts. Is that normal? I have a service manual and there is described as a normal operation. I'm asking because all of my lights have different intensity at different rpm. I have a 60A alternator.