Seats...

Toby

My 95 wd21 has non sagging rear suspension and stock tires that didn't blow up! On both sides! Must have been a japanese manufacturer thing.

Sorry, I just had to. :tongue:

Hmmm, neither did mine! Kinda funny though that 4Runners and Pathfinders alike are known for their badly sagging ass ends. :tongue: Definitely mus be a Japanese manufacturer thing. :D

:beer:

It would be cool to swap some heated seats in to my truck, but I can't find any that are blue!

Edited by Kingman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too was shocked when looking inside the top of the line WDs and found they didn't have power seats. Almost every other manufacturer of comparable SUVs besides Toyota had power seats back then, so why not Nissan?

My '93 Explorer had 10-way power seats, both sides! Even side bolster and thigh extension adjustments! It must have been only an American manufacturer thing... :shrug:

why be surprised? Pathfinders are manual everything: manual seats, manual intermitant-wiper control, manual daytime-running lights, manual cup holder, manual cargo area lighting(that might just be me),and a manual sun-roof. we got automatic windows tho..that's a nice touch. It was the Nissan way. Besides, what does anyone nedd with automatic seats? I haven't adjusted mine for about a year. Maybe for other drivers? Why would you go and do something like that?

why be surprised? Pathfinders are manual everything: manual seats, manual intermitant-wiper control, manual daytime-running lights, manual cup holder, manual cargo area lighting(that might just be me),and a manual sun-roof. we got automatic windows tho..that's a nice touch. It was the Nissan way. Besides, what does anyone nedd with automatic seats? I haven't adjusted mine for about a year. Maybe for other drivers? Why would you go and do something like that?

I liked them in my camaro. In vehicles where the seat gets moved alot it's nice. Certain seats are a pain to move when manual though.

It'd be nice to have some power options on my pathfinder but all is good.

Wow, bunch o candy asses whining about no power seats. Hell, what stinks is you pretty much can't buy anything (new vehicle wise) with manual controls. I don't want to turn my efin truck on just to open the window or move the seat an inch. Bad enough they DID have heated seats, talk about stupid, get in the car and it feels like someone just farted in the seat and took off, no thanks. If you need heated seats, maybe you should still be suckling your mommy's tit!

Wow, bunch o candy asses whining about no power seats. Hell, what stinks is you pretty much can't buy anything (new vehicle wise) with manual controls. I don't want to turn my efin truck on just to open the window or move the seat an inch. Bad enough they DID have heated seats, talk about stupid, get in the car and it feels like someone just farted in the seat and took off, no thanks. If you need heated seats, maybe you should still be suckling your mommy's tit!

..... That was the most retarded post i've ever read here. No offense, but you don't like it. Big deal. Some of us do. Leather seats suck to sit on in the cold. Warms you up faster as well. I'm just saying power seats not being available back then should have at least been available to compete with other models. Only my camaro and suburban have had power seats. Rest have been manual.

..... That was the most retarded post i've ever read here. No offense, but you don't like it. Big deal. Some of us do. Leather seats suck to sit on in the cold. Warms you up faster as well. I'm just saying power seats not being available back then should have at least been available to compete with other models. Only my camaro and suburban have had power seats. Rest have been manual.

Cry baby.

OK, this went a little off topic... still gonna add my .02 though. For the Explorer issue, they DID have the TTB front end, which I have mixed feelings about but is a big plus to some. Their tire issue is due to the 26psi recommended on the tag on the door jam (have a 94 at work we're parting, made it a special point to actually look for once) and people actually reading it and following it. Why can't they do that when the info is good? Heated seats? Not for me, last tiime I checked I was of the male statue (no offence Pezzy and Slick) and am able to wait 2 minutes for my clotch seat to warm from my body heat. Yes I hate leather interior. I don't like to stick to it in the summer. Power seats? Hell I think power mirrors are dumb let alone seats. I am the only one getting in the drivers seat of my truck, I sit the same fairly normal way all the time (I don't lean into the back seat, I enjoy seeing over the dash). Then those power seats that adjust themselves...always tend to be owned by short people who don't warn me so I REALLY hate them. Toby, GG's opinion is just that... his opinion. No need to get bent about it.

idk about you guys but i'm with greg on this one :tongue:

I like heated seats for michigan winters.....especially when i've spent alot of time working outside...

As far as power....I have them in my malibu and I HATE IT! You can never get the seat to feel like its in the right spot, cause its a 6 way movement seat, but in my pathfinder it always feels just right....

I like heated seats for michigan winters.....especially when i've spent alot of time working outside...

As far as power....I have them in my malibu and I HATE IT! You can never get the seat to feel like its in the right spot, cause its a 6 way movement seat, but in my pathfinder it always feels just right....

I like power seats for moving the seat up and down and other weird angles. My camaro had a 8-way power driver's seat. It was nice. My Suburban had it too. I loved it because i sit in weird positions. The Pathfinder I am fine with having manual seats.