Anyone Seen These?

Igetstabby

Haven't seen anyone mention these bull bars for R50's, but I stumbled across this site the other day.

http://www.vanguardoffroad.com/9604pathfinder.html

Anyone know if that 96-04 compatibility is correct? Seems most other places say the 96-99 and 99.5-04 aren't compatible for bull bars, though I've seen people on here do it, pretty sure some modification was involved?

I was also wondering if someone could confirm that these rims off a slightly newer R50 will bolt up without issues to my 99. I like the style much better for stock than the plain steelies on mine, going to try and pull some at the wreckers this weekend if I can find some.

7585keh_20.jpeg

That "bullbar" looks terrible IMO, the worst thing you can do to any vehicle is add chrome. It also looks like that thing KILLS ground clearance in the front. Im not a fan of brush guards like this, they often wind up causing more damage when you hit something, Like a friend of mine who hit a tree with the side of the brush guard and it bent inwards and screwed his fender. Just my 2cents.

I was also wondering if someone could confirm that these rims off a slightly newer R50 will bolt up without issues to my 99. I like the style much better for stock than the plain steelies on mine, going to try and pull some at the wreckers this weekend if I can find some.

those will bolt right up. Just make sure you use a tire calculator to determine the correct tire size since you're moving up to a 16" rim. Those are the best looking wheel for the R50 in my opinion. for whatever reason, I don't even notice the 6 bolt on 5 spoke thing.

Although I do agree that that brush guard (and most brush guards) are not something I like, visually... Silvapathy does bring up a good point, that one, more than any I have ever seen, REALLY messes up what little ground clearance you have. If you're going to be wheeling, I'd stay away.

I have seen them do more harm that good in some cases... They're not always strong enough to take any kind of hit, and they bend up... those wrap-around who-zits around the lights push in and dent the fenders.

Yeah I didn't particularly like the look of that one either, was just kind of curious about the compatibility since I've seen most other bars/bumpers (or lack thereof) listed as either 96-99 or 99.5-04 and not both.

The bolt locations between a 96-99 and a 99.5-2004 are probably the same, but none of the manufacturers decide to check on these things.

For instance, the bumper on Pezzy's 99.5 is for a 96-99 model. Only the antenna tab had to be ground off, as it would have hit the hood. All bolt locations were exact.

The bolt locations are the same, however the R50 in the picture is the second gen R50....the bumper and hood stick out further than the 96-99, so that guard would not fit flush with you truck. For your model and style the Manik brush guards are awesome!

I also agree that those wheels are the best looking wheel for the R50, I wanted a set of those, but they are crazy expensive around my area and not very available.

I also agree that those wheels are the best looking wheel for the R50, I wanted a set of those, but they are crazy expensive around my area and not very available.

MD parts yards are ripoffs. Brandywine wants over $200 each for those wheels. Two of my wheels were curbed when I bought my 2001 so I bought replacements on Ebay for $50-$75 each on Ebay. Autogator.com (in Cali) should still have some in stock A or A- grade condition for just under $100 shipped (each).

?? Don't they stick out more on the 99.5+??

Lol, I think we are in agreeance.

1996 - 1999.49 = shorter front end

1999.50 - 2004 = longer front end

And yes, what CLF said! Md parts yard want to beat us since we live close to the Gov't headquarters.

Edited by 02silverpathy

MD parts yards are ripoffs. Brandywine wants over $200 each for those wheels. Two of my wheels were curbed when I bought my 2001 so I bought replacements on Ebay for $50-$75 each on Ebay. Autogator.com (in Cali) should still have some in stock A or A- grade condition for just under $100 shipped (each).

Brandywine has amongst the worst prices around. One guy offered me a door for MORE than a new one from the stealership. :rofl:

Try Crazy Ray's in Jessup. R50s show up there regularly, though no guarantees on the wheels. Condition varies but only once have I seen R50s that were so trashed that basically nothing was salvageable... Well, maybe the cigarette lighter. :shrug:

A 99.5-04 brush guard will bolt up to a 96-99, however the support hardware that bolts to the bumper mid way will not fit and would need to be customized.

A 96-99 will not fit a 99.5-04 due to the bumper sticking out farther on the 99.5+

A bumper like pezzy's or mine will fit on any year from 96-04 because you're replacing the entire bumper assembly.

A 99.5-04 brush guard will bolt up to a 96-99, however the support hardware that bolts to the bumper mid way will not fit and would need to be customized.

A 96-99 will not fit a 99.5-04 due to the bumper sticking out farther on the 99.5+

Brush guard from a 99- on my 01. It's tight around the bottom of the bumper but fits.

DSCF1914.jpg

Billy

when my brother worked as a nissan service manager he said that most pathys that had been in an accident and had a bullbar ended up with more damage than they would have otherwise. Bullbar just gets pushed into the quarter panel so you're out a $200 bullbar plus have to pay to fix a squished quarter and cornerlamp.