LockRight lockers coming soon for the 33-spline 98-04 nissans

FUELER

Got this email from Steev-o at http://www.ruggedrocksoffroad.com and got excited as hell....

THERE WILL SOON BE AN AFFORDABLE LOCKER SOLUTION FOR THE R50!!!

Lock-Right has offered a locker for Nissans for years, however it only fits the rear (H233B) axles of the 86.5 - 95 Pathfinders and '86.5 - '97 Hardbody Pickups. In 1998 Nissan upgraded the axle shafts in these trucks and went from a 31-spline axle shaft to a larger 33-spline axle shaft while keeping the rest of the H233B differential unchanged.

I recently contacted Richmond Gear, the maker of Lock-Right, and spoke to them about the possibility of making the necessary changes for the Lock-Right to fit into the '98 - '04 H233B axles and fortunately, it was a project that was started a long time ago but never finished. As of right now, Richmond is digging up old files and reviving this old project and is realizing how simple it is for them to make a Lock-Right to fit the newer '98 - '04 Nissan trucks. Before long, 1st generation Xterras and Frontiers as well as 2nd Generation Pathfinders will be able to enjoy the benefits of a Lock-Right locker.

one day.......

testing.jpg

YAYA............................excuse me while I go outside and screm for joy.........................................................................Okay well thats over with, this is good news, and this is going to be for just the rear correct?

The lockright is an automatic locker like a detroit? I would of course prefer a selectable locker like the ARB, but cost and installation of an on board air compressor are limiting factors. This would sure be nice if the price is around $300! Would sending an email showing interest to the manufacturer help this actually happen?

cost and installation of an on board air compressor are limiting factors.

You can find the an ARB air compressors for $150 on eBay & installation is pretty straight forward. Not that difficult, but I'm on board with having the rear locker as a selectable locker. Front is not that big of a deal cause with manual hubs you could just disengade them.

• 6 months later...

Can you not just use 31-spline axles and carrier from w/d21's?

Selectable is cool, but when it comes to trail trucks, the simpler, the better.

not to be the stupid one of the bunch, but a locker makes it so once one tire comes off the ground, the other one keeps freakin spinnin. right? i get one tire in any corner of the ground and i'm a sitting duck.

:wiggle:

Is there going to be a mass posting, fireworks, press conference on CNN or something that this is ready?? I'm all in for one :beer:

lol.. almost.. The link to sign up for the Rugged Rocks Newsletter is in my Sig. or you can fan Rugged Rocks on Facebook.

Either way you will get the update.

Can you not just use 31-spline axles and carrier from w/d21's?

Selectable is cool, but when it comes to trail trucks, the simpler, the better.

Nope.

The 33-spline axles are longer.

i dont think this ever happened.

correct me if im wrong

It hasn't happened yet..BUT We're very very close. I should have prototypes within the next 2 - 3 weeks. cutting parts for the prototypes has already begun at the manufacture.

Once i get the prototypes, we're going to put them in a few trucks and head to big bear, CA beat them up and report back.

We might even get some video and pictures.

Stay Tuned!

let me know if you want another test dummy. It just rained in SD i wonder if snowed in Bear.

Was in Holcomb Valley mid-March and the snow was ridiculous, locker mandatory!!

let me know if you want another test dummy. It just rained in SD i wonder if snowed in Bear.

Was in Holcomb Valley mid-March and the snow was ridiculous, locker mandatory!!

I just might need another local test truck... i'll keep you in mind. i'm not 100% sure how many prototypes i'm getting

This is probably a dumb question but this type of locker is engaged full-time, correct? :scratchhead:

If that's the case, I'd prefer having the option of locked or open... :shrug:

This looks like a pretty decent combo...

Rugged Rocks ARB combo <--- I like! :D

It's not locked all the time. it's an automatic locker. you can go around corners etc but when one tires loses traction it locks up.

ARB lockers are really really nice and right now until the 30th you get a free compressor with a locker purchase.

It's not locked all the time. it's an automatic locker. you can go around corners etc but when one tires loses traction it locks up.

ARB lockers are really really nice and right now until the 30th you get a free compressor with a locker purchase.

Really? Thanks for the clarification! :aok:

That definitely makes me reconsider my stance on going ARB... :blink:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...