20 inch lift on my 91 Pathfinder... :)

BonnerBB

What's a frame stack ?

When you bolt 1 frame on top of another. Suspension stuff is bolted to the lower frame, driveline(besides axles) and body bolted to the top one.

When you bolt 1 frame on top of another. Suspension stuff is bolted to the lower frame, driveline(besides axles) and body bolted to the top one.

Jesus... Not in 20 years would I have dreamed that one up. Wow. How stable is it ?

I personally don't like the idea but have seen it many times(more than I want to admit sadly). Seems to be one of the commen ways that people around here make the 4x4 cars as well. (note I did say around here meanign around me, not that it is the general accepted way of doeing it). I personally only ever drove 1 frame-stacked truck (not mine) and was not a fun experience lets say...built by one of those "i'm a mechanic until I take it to a shop to fix everything I made worse" types.

I personally don't like the idea but have seen it many times(more than I want to admit sadly). Seems to be one of the commen ways that people around here make the 4x4 cars as well. (note I did say around here meanign around me, not that it is the general accepted way of doeing it). I personally only ever drove 1 frame-stacked truck (not mine) and was not a fun experience lets say...built by one of those "i'm a mechanic until I take it to a shop to fix everything I made worse" types.

Those are the types of mechanics that shouldn't have a wrench in their hands! Someone who "thinks" they know what their doing until they get in so deep, they end up making things worse than it was in the beginning!

he frame stacked, with a bodylift in between!

Oh wow, I was just thinking about that!!!! Then that hardbody jumped into my head (the one with a stacked frame, body lift, and IFS)

Actually, you could probably get close to 20" out of that!

BODY

3" SPACERS

STRIPPED FRAME

6" Metal Welded Spacers

Replacement IFS Frame (about 4" of lift from the extra frame)

4" TM Lift

3" UCA Lift

Just throw some better drive shafts on there, and add in the lift you get from bigger tires....BAM

Of course.....it would have very little clearance, and effectively be a 13" frame drop....but yeah, you COULD do it! ;)

Jesus... Not in 20 years would I have dreamed that one up. Wow. How stable is it ?

Actually, if done properly (a rarity), they are very stable since you effectively double the rigidity of the frame.

Actually, if done properly (a rarity), they are very stable since you effectively double the rigidity of the frame.

Are the frames welded or bolted together ? I could understand higher rigidity with the former, not sure about the latter...