2001-2004 Nissan Pathfinder

Pezzy

that would be interesting, seeing as the r 50 has more power i could see sand and snow....

but i live in az. rocks and ditches it is! and i've never had a problem in sand aka as a washes.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can get the H3 with a 320hp V8 and front/rear lockers (Alpha model with Adventure Package). it will easily outperform an R50.

Not intending to go offtopic , you can order the H3 with anything you want and it will still be overweighted , oversized and not worth the money spent on it both on road and offroad .

HOW exactly will an R50 out perfom a WD?

What situation for situation for situation/fact for fact can you attest to that proves this?

In cases where you need sprint , sand dunes , snow , mud , hill climbs ... R50 will have the advantage

that would be interesting, seeing as the r 50 has more power i could see sand and snow....

but i live in az. rocks and ditches it is! and i've never had a problem in sand aka as a washes.

True as i already said in ditches and rocks the wd will have the advantage .

In cases where you need sprint , sand dunes , snow , mud , hill climbs ... R50 will have the advantage

Sand: I agree. Snow, why? Mud, why? We all have 4low. Hill climbs, why? We all have 4low.

Sand: I agree. Snow, why? Mud, why? We all have 4low. Hill climbs, why? We all have 4low.

Snow when you are climbing a snow hill sometimes you need sprint instead of crawling it , and you need to go on 4wh , instead of 4wdl

Same goes for hill climbs ( long hills ) where at the peak of the hill the WD might loose speed and lose momentum while the R50 will have enough power to get it thru

For Mud the faster your run is the lesser your chances are to get stuck

The R50 will accelerate much faster than the WD which gives it the advantage where sprint is needed specially where you don’t have enough space to run and gain the speed before tackling any of the above mentioned obstacles .

Having said that my preference in offroad will still be for crawling rocks and crossing ditches wherethe R50 is disadvantaged.

that wasn't the point... the point was you're saying an r50 could outwheel a wd just the way a h3 could a h1...

both of which or completely false.

are you an idiot? no really, are you?

i was defending the WD when 01silvapathy said an R50 would outwheel it. and yes, a front/rear locked H3 Alpha will outperform an H1 on most, if not all terrain types.

Not intending to go offtopic , you can order the H3 with anything you want and it will still be overweighted , oversized and not worth the money spent on it both on road and offroad .

value is subjective. the H3 is heavier than the R50, but the R50 is not lightweight by any means.

early R50s had the same anemic VG33 as WD21s.

...why am even arguing? it's obvious i'm dealing with ignorant, heavily biased WD or R50 fanboys...

value is subjective. the H3 is heavier than the R50, but the R50 is not lightweight by any means.

...why am even arguing? it's obvious i'm dealing with ignorant, heavily biased WD or R50 fanboys...

Wrong Alex.

The first gen R50's had a power UPGRADE from the anemic VG30E in the WD21's. Believe me, having driven both on a fairly regular basis, the R50 even with the VG motor has WAY more power than a WD21.

I dont understand why you are always so agressive ? that it blinds you from understanding the subject .

Stay polite and calm or don't adress to me , I appreciate if you can be a respectfull member who can lead respectfull conversations

Edited by TheCrow

Remember when I said don't even start? We've been there before, and as always, no one really wins.

So a locked single rear axle H3 would outperform a 4 wheel indy susp with way more ground clearance H1 (many of which came with snorkels)? :scratchhead:

In some places, yes. An H1 would never be able to do some the trails I do. Even my truck is a boat on some of the trails in my area... and H1 is much bigger. The smaller H3 would be able to navigate between trees and rocks much better.

I dont understand why you are always so agressive ? that it blinds you from understanding the subject .

Stay polite and calm or don't adress to me , I appreciate if you can be a respectfull member who can lead respectfull conversations

i don't understand why you're so ignorant.

wow this thread went ape @!*%.

im with thecrow - i think the R50 is better than WD when speed is essential simply because the WD is so slow with the 3.0.... but the WD is better for lifting / modding as it sits on a frame....

Also, H3 is surprisingly good offroad. Ive driven one. Ive also been pulled out of a ditch by one. The only thing i dont like is that its fulltime 4wd. 2WD is not an option in the H3.

as far the h1 h3 i've seen both do simialar things and different thing, such as somebody said and h1 wont go through tight spaces very much, but other than that i've seen it where its massive size gives it an advantage, going over a huge boulder/rock thing that a wrangler couldn't, from watching it it looked like the weight just gave the h1 more grip on that rock. im not a big fan of either personally seeing as i can't afford either. thats where the pathfinder comes in.... and the wd are much easier to mod, not that i have yet. but i've drvien an r50 and they way way way more power...

Lol @ Alexrex & 01...

...my 2002 VQ recently turned in 5000 miles between oil changes and used about 3/4 qt. My truck has 62,7xx on it and is an auto.

Most of my mileage is City driving (2-6mi trips), the most stressful for an engine (I think?).

Everyone with a VQ just add my un-patented inline filter to stop the oil from going into the intake, lol.

edit: it used less than 1/2 qt for those 5K miles!! I just changed my oil tonight.

Funny my crappy, slow, "anemic" 3 liter motor uses 0 quarts per 5k miles. And its got 175k on it.

Wrong Alex.

The first gen R50's had a power UPGRADE from the anemic VG30E in the WD21's. Believe me, having driven both on a fairly regular basis, the R50 even with the VG motor has WAY more power than a WD21.

X2

Can really feel the difference. Though there are FAR slower vehicles than a WD21, though. I've seen a 5 speed VG33E r50 chirp the tires shifting into second gear.

I'll throw in my $0.02:

I'd say the last model year WD21 has the advantage over an R50. With parts straight out of a box, you could make a WD with 4" of suspensio lift on 33" or larger tires and create a VG34 to run those suckers that would out-trail most VQ R50's and other WD's in any condition. Hardest part would be finding and pulling a donor VG33E block, but given how many platforms used it, not really much of a problem.

In fact, most of the parts could be sourced right off 4x4parts.com (though I wouldn't personally get everything there, necessarily).

Heck, find an VG33ER as the donor and then you've really got a mean machine. (Even better if you upgrade to the Eaton M90)

I've done the research and I'll gladly send anyone my resources who actually wants to do it (verifiers won't get much, search you're own @!*% !)

But as far spending as little time and money as possible, that's your best route for the baddest pathy around.

the VQ is an amazingly awesome engine. I love it mroe than my x 4runners 3.4 liter engine. luckily i have a manual so i dont have to worry about the flaring or power vavles BS.

lets quit the fighting and just all agree that the Toyota 4runner, no matter wut year would woop on any Pathfinder, antyime anywhere. :aok:

Edited by LovemyPathfinder

Zahle , Lebanon - Doha , Qatar

Lets all go here and compete! YAY! ROAD/BOAT Trip! I'm on a boat!

I'de choose Zahle , lebanon :aok:

Remember when I said don't even start? We've been there before, and as always, no one really wins.

I would love to have a conversation and hear opinions but with people who can lead one as the majority of the members of this forum

i don't understand why you're so ignorant.

Apart from missing the point of the H3 and R50 being compared with H1 and WD the replies about the VQ and the WD engine powers proved the ignorance point which you have raised .

If you do not have self respect then out of respect to the forum and community try to keep up to the level of conversation without using bad words , do you find it difficult ?

I am not bias to the R50 as I do own a 2008 FJ and a Mercedes G wagon which both outperforms the Pathy but the reason I like the R50 is that when I bought her I thought it is for grocery shopping and I am now surprised how wrong I was about this truck and the reason I defend her is because the R50 is like me when I first bought her is not considered as an off-road vehicle than can compete decently

In some places, yes. An H1 would never be able to do some the trails I do. Even my truck is a boat on some of the trails in my area... and H1 is much bigger. The smaller H3 would be able to navigate between trees and rocks much better.

There will always be advantages to each vehicle on different terrains and that’s why I mentioned in my previous posts the word ADVANTAGE and didn’t presume which one is a better off road vehicle as the decision needs to be based on endless points

When one has enough experience he can judge with moderation and common sense as Pezzy mentioned in some places the H3 will have an advantage over the H1 as same goes for the R50 and WD …

the VQ is an amazingly awesome engine. I love it mroe than my x 4runners 3.4 liter engine. luckily i have a manual so i dont have to worry about the flaring or power vavles BS.

lets quit the fighting and just all agree that the Toyota 4runner, no matter wut year would woop on any Pathfinder, antyime anywhere. :aok:

I will be home in september and my in law has a 4 runner , will convince him for a joint trip R50 and 4 runner , i have driven the 4 runner and it is manual with much higher torque than my R50 maybe i have to take him to places to my advantage :shrug:

I will be home in september and my in law has a 4 runner , will convince him for a joint trip R50 and 4 runner , i have driven the 4 runner and it is manual with much higher torque than my R50 maybe i have to take him to places to my advantage :shrug:

not only that, He has about a inch or two of ground clearance on you from the lowest point, has bigger tires stock (assuming that your pathy is pretty stock) and the 4 low is a lot more crawlier than the r50's and he probably has a rear diff lock if its limited or sr5 sport which my 4runner had from the factory. though the only bad thing about the 4runner imo was the long rear bumper. Seemed to always catch a few things. Man i miss my 4runner. RIP.