For all my Canadians...

Fukinitupagain

IMG_0948.jpg

Yes thats me, Boston, drinking out of my Tim Hortons cup here in NC. Dad "accidentially" walked out with last week when he was up in Canada. He said since I wasn't able to go up for the 3rd year in a row he'd bring a small bit of Canada back to me (He kept the Labatte Blue for himself). I thought you might enjoy.

You Canadians and your Tim Hortons... will never understand it, of course I guess you have to try somethign before you can judge it. I'm still trying to figure out what to say about how the cup is being held there too...(and bring back the beard!)

i will drink it, but i'd rather make my own coffee at home. for some reason, it doesn't taste the same in the states. did you notice that simon + pezzy?

Tim Hortons isn't terrible, but their stuff isn't as good as McD's.....so yeah, kinda sad.

Recently my experience at tims hasn't been that great, the coffee tastes burnt and the steeped tea, well they never seem to put what I want in it!. But it is a Canadian legend...

Country Style is pretty good though. And the girls that work there are really hot.

Coffee taste can be affected by the local water supply and if the restaurant uses a carbon filter or not to remove the chlorine. Also there are a few municipalities in the states I heard that do not fluorinate the water (good idea inho). I find the taste can vary from city to city here locally.

I think the thing about Tim's is that it is pretty consistent quality whereever you go. THey have also done a great marketing job with their image branding here in Canada as being a real part of Canadiana (links to hockey both with the player Tim Horton (deceased) and with minor leagues and the routine of having a warm cup of coffee to warm you up on the way to a practice or game in the winter time. Very good branding strategy. I don't think TH's has really figured out a good branding strategy in the US yet though, despite Tim Horton having played for more American teams than Canadian (sabres penguins rangers vs leafs). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Horton

I grind beans for my coffee at home and still buy timmies regularily. I should really save my money, but they have these great breakfast sandwhiches....

Edited by BowTied

i will drink it, but i'd rather make my own coffee at home. for some reason, it doesn't taste the same in the states. did you notice that simon + pezzy?

I have found that.

I wasn't referring to the coffee, "fast food" coffee of any kind = no thanks. I did try an iced cap there once, tasted like they waved some coffee and sugar over the cup of shaved ice. I mean the food is horrible, all the baked goods I've ever got seemed like they had sat out for a week before I bought them.

I wasn't referring to the coffee, "fast food" coffee of any kind = no thanks. I did try an iced cap there once, tasted like they waved some coffee and sugar over the cup of shaved ice. I mean the food is horrible, all the baked goods I've ever got seemed like they had sat out for a week before I bought them.

A few years ago they changed the way they bake their goods. I remember my dad's wife bitching at them and they told her to eff off.

A few years ago they changed the way they bake their goods. I remember my dad's wife bitching at them and they told her to eff off.

So then it wouldn't be their baked goods, but their baked bads, right??

I'm with GG on this. I've never seen a chain that consistently makes better food/drink than a small shop. Starbucks makes better coffee than the little bistro down the street?? No...

Just because it is part of the culture means good brainwashing/advertising, not quality. I will use the examples of Ford, Budweiser, Oscar Meyer and Nascar. They all started as something cool, new, original and good!! Then they got popular and energetic. Then they got really big and probably changed hands a few times. Now all they are is a devouring monster guarding it's market share and producing crap while being solely focused on the profit margin, not the quality.

You know I'm right...

*steps off box*

B

I actually dont drink coffee. And I think I have only found steeped tea outside of Ontario once. They are the only place that makes steeped tea, so there isnt anywhere else I can go, unless I want a cup of steeped cardboard (as that is how most tea made in the cup tastes to me.)

GG, I dont mind the iced capp, but I prefer it with chocolate milk. That said, it's really an over priced coffee flavoured powder slushie. The new Iced Coffee they have isnt bad. But as I said, I'm not a coffee drinker, so what do I know?

Boston: Nice cup! :aok::D

Tim Hortons isn't terrible, but their stuff isn't as good as McD's.....so yeah, kinda sad.

You, sir, are crazy. :lol:

McD's has pretty good coffee but that's it. The food shouldn't even be labeled as such.

Nice score, Boston! As if your dad didn't share any of the Blue with you, though. :scratchhead:

...Wait, maybe that's not such a bad thing after all. :shrug:

As if your dad didn't share any of the Blue with you, though. :scratchhead:

...Wait, maybe that's not such a bad thing after all. :shrug:

Blue = :ill: